• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the craziest situation you've been in at work?

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
My work is mainly emailtraffic..
That is, untill they accidentally deleted my entire account..

Took weeks to recover the back up..
EDIT: I am applying for IT in this company next.. :p

Wannabe Yogi

When I worked in the state mental Hospital. One of my many bad days was when one Client beat to death my favorite client with a table leg (were he got a table leg I have no Idea there was no tables with legs on the unit.) he then beat two others into a emergency room. It was very hard for me to get control of the situation and act in a professional manor. I had bad dreams about it for years.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I know..

That sounds horrible..

I think I would be traumatized for sure.

The bomb threats I recieved on fax because my boss sent people empty boxes or broken smashed up computer equipment was at least just a threat.

I remember the fax machine just rollign with things like "IM going to KILL you!!!"..(fax machines back then were like a roll of toillet paper".

Love

Dallas

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
When I worked in the state mental Hospital. One of my many bad days was when one Client beat to death my favorite client with a table leg (were he got a table leg I have no Idea there was no tables with legs on the unit.) he then beat two others into a emergency room. It was very hard for me to get control of the situation and act in a professional manor. I had bad dreams about it for years.

Wow... I think yours takes the cake.

And I thought my 3 days driving a golf cart with buckets on the back from biulding to biulding and serving "food" (this grey and yellow slop in the buckets) at a mental hospital was a bad experience. I was working for a temp agency and the day they sent me there (I think it was Runwell Hospital in Essex, England but not sure) I didn't get any training and I didn't even know it was a mental hospital.

Got there and the old security gaurd said here's the keys (to the golf cart and the biuldings)... feed 'em... except that biulding 'cause that's where we keep the psychopaths. I remember one old guy trying to "escape" when I brought him his tray of slop... took those little "Benny Hill shuffle steps" and bolted for the door. He was easy to "catch" but locking him up as he watched me through the little glass window in his door had an impact on me.

Quite an experience for an impressionable teenager travelling the world.

Wannabe Yogi

Wow... I think yours takes the cake.

And I thought my 3 days driving a golf cart with buckets on the back from biulding to biulding and serving "food" (this grey and yellow slop in the buckets) at a mental hospital was a bad experience. I was working for a temp agency and the day they sent me there (I think it was Runwell Hospital in Essex, England but not sure) I didn't get any training and I didn't even know it was a mental hospital.

Got there and the old security gaurd said here's the keys (to the golf cart and the biuldings)... feed 'em... except that biulding 'cause that's where we keep the psychopaths. I remember one old guy trying to "escape" when I brought him his tray of slop... took those little "Benny Hill shuffle steps" and bolted for the door. He was easy to "catch" but locking him up as he watched me through the little glass window in his door had an impact on me.

Quite an experience for an impressionable teenager travelling the world.

I think you Europeans are much more civilized when it comes to treatment of the mentally ill. This story is just one among many.