• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the Big Deal with Israel?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Why?
I quoted your OP.
At least that's what I thought I did. My phone and RF reply box don't get along and all sorts of stupid things happen. Was that somebody else's post? I'm sorry if I messed up.
All too possible.
Tom
Yeah, I think you may be having phone issues.

rosends

I have big doubt about homeless in Israel

I am not sure what tents was for , it's seems to me for protests !!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Israeli_social_justice_protests

and someone laying in middle of proper street !!!

you consider poor Arabs town as homeless (in Israel which majority of Jews) !

that's very confused
The last Israeli street protests I recall were protesting the high rate of homelessness actually. And you ask what I consider when, again, that is immaterial. The newspaper report gave the statistics of homelessness in Israel. Religion and culture were not the issue.

rosends

He has the right to be skeptical, what's the problem with that ?
Skepticism for the sake of choosing not to believe, even without any contrary facts, opens the door for a refusal to believe anything simply by claiming skepticism. If you think that that is healthy, then fine. I think it is irrational

rosends

But he doesn't believe the report and he has the right to refuse it, you can't force him to accept and to believe the Israeli reports.
And if he had any contrary facts then that would be a reasonable reaction. But he doesn't -- just simple refusal to believe.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Skepticism for the sake of choosing not to believe, even without any contrary facts, opens the door for a refusal to believe anything simply by claiming skepticism. If you think that that is healthy, then fine. I think it is irrational

To believe a thing as to be a fact then you have to check it yourself.

Did you see the 100 homeless Jews living in Israel ?
Did you investigate if they were Jews or gentiles ?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member

rosends

To believe a thing as to be a fact then you have to check it yourself.

Did you see the 100 homeless Jews living in Israel ?
Did you investigate if they were Jews or gentiles ?
Oh, I see. So if I read a newspaper article I am supposed to assume it is full of lies unless I go and investigate all the statements myself. Got it. makes perfect sense. This makes it tough to read the Sports section, but whatever you say.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Oh, I see. So if I read a newspaper article I am supposed to assume it is full of lies unless I go and investigate all the statements myself. Got it. makes perfect sense. This makes it tough to read the Sports section, but whatever you say.

:facepalm:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
If you read what I wrote you will see that I wasn't commenting on the link, but on my personal experience, which you can ignore if you want.
seems some Jews don't know how to lie !!!

I found this link , watch out what the title of topic , and comment of picture
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homelessness_in_Israel

the title is
Homelessness in Israel

read what under the picture this :
1024px-PikiWiki_Israel_14108_Rothschild_Campment_2011.JPG

Housing protest on Rothschild Boulevard,Tel Aviv, 2011

Godobeyer

Premium Member

rosends

seems some Jews don't know how to lie !!!

I found this link , watch out what the title of topic , and comment of picture
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homelessness_in_Israel

the title is
Homelessness in Israel

read what under the picture this :
1024px-PikiWiki_Israel_14108_Rothschild_Campment_2011.JPG

Housing protest on Rothschild Boulevard,Tel Aviv, 2011
I will try to break this down for you and use simple words:

1. I saw a protest against homelessness when I was in Israel. This is a fact. You can choose to ignore it or not believe it, but it is a fact.
2. The wikipedia page has 2 components:
a. The fact that homelessness exists
b. The fact that during the protests, people set up tents
c. The protests were against the cost of housing which is rising so more people are defaulting on mortgages and being thrown out of their houses and thus becoming HOMELESS.

try, just try, to balance these myriad facts in your head before you fly off and type something else ignorant.

3. Homelessness in Israel exists. Some homeless people are Arabs, some Jews, some other. If you keep reading the wiki page you inserted in that other post, you will see this. If you read the news articles posted, you will see this. You can claim that the whole world is lying if that suits you. Some homeless people live in shelters, some on the street.

You can accuse everyone else in the world of lying, like there is some grand conspiracy to make a claim about homelessness just to be contrary, but you would be wrong.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I will try to break this down for you and use simple words:

1. I saw a protest against homelessness when I was in Israel. This is a fact. You can choose to ignore it or not believe it, but it is a fact.
2. The wikipedia page has 2 components:
a. The fact that homelessness exists
b. The fact that during the protests, people set up tents
c. The protests were against the cost of housing which is rising so more people are defaulting on mortgages and being thrown out of their houses and thus becoming HOMELESS.

try, just try, to balance these myriad facts in your head before you fly off and type something else ignorant.

3. Homelessness in Israel exists. Some homeless people are Arabs, some Jews, some other. If you keep reading the wiki page you inserted in that other post, you will see this. If you read the news articles posted, you will see this. You can claim that the whole world is lying if that suits you. Some homeless people live in shelters, some on the street.

You can accuse everyone else in the world of lying, like there is some grand conspiracy to make a claim about homelessness just to be contrary, but you would be wrong.

Soaring cost of housing doesn't mean homelessness, is that difficult to understand. :facepalm: