• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the Big Deal with Israel?

Tumah

Veteran Member
whatever the funder , AIPAC is creat to support Israel citizens (not USA citizens) .
millions of Americans are homelless , how many Israeli are homelless ?
Seriously.
According to findings, 31.6% of Israelis live in poverty as of 2014, including 13.8% who live in “extreme poverty.” Another 16.7% of Israelis experience shortages of adequate food, and 5.9% don’t have enough money to purchase urgent medical supplies.

Of the children recorded on welfare lists, 36% were forced to work in order to financially assist their families, 22% went to school without a packed lunch on a daily or weekly basis, while 32% had to move to boarding school because of economic hardships — a 22% increase from last year.

rosends

you post this link as an argument of homeless in Israel , include them "the Arabs"
http://www.timesofisrael.com/for-israeli-politicians-poverty-is-someone-elses-problem/
So, to be clear. In post 158 (actually, 155 according to my computer), in order to point out that your claim that all Israelis who are homeless have tents, I quote an external article which has a picture of a homeless person sleeping in public. You have no problem with the article I guess, because you have accused ME of making claims even though all I did was show the proof to counter your claim. And, by the way, let's say, for argument's sake, that x number of the homeless in Israel are Arab, they are still Israeli Arabs so your claim that "Israel don't had 1 single homeless man or 1 homeless family !" is still wrong.

Akivah

I didn't assume that Israel is preventing a two-state solution, I just don't think that the fact that such an arrangement has been reached yet gives Israel the right to just take more land.

How does giving the Gaza strip to the arabs equate to Israel having more land??

The only thing I expect of Israel, atm, is curb further expansion into contested lands in the interim and to loosen the blockade and occupation enough to where Palestinian economy can actually work at all.
The Palestinians consider tunnel building and bomb factories the only worthwhile economic expansion.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
So, to be clear. In post 158 (actually, 155 according to my computer), in order to point out that your claim that all Israelis who are homeless have tents, I quote an external article which has a picture of a homeless person sleeping in public. You have no problem with the article I guess, because you have accused ME of making claims even though all I did was show the proof to counter your claim. And, by the way, let's say, for argument's sake, that x number of the homeless in Israel are Arab, they are still Israeli Arabs so your claim that "Israel don't had 1 single homeless man or 1 homeless family !" is still wrong.
I have big doubt about homeless in Israel

I am not sure what tents was for , it's seems to me for protests !!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Israeli_social_justice_protests

and someone laying in middle of proper street !!!

you consider poor Arabs town as homeless (in Israel which majority of Jews) !

that's very confused

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
You can't. And now, you can never trust anything anyone writes or posts, ever again because you have made "how can I be sure it is not a prank?" a valid way of reacting to anything. If you show a video of a fighter jet shooting down another plane or a shoulder missile destroying a helicopter, someone can say "how can I be that's not a prank?" Well done.

He has the right to be skeptical, what's the problem with that ?

Again, I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't count anyone. I cited sources which reported on the homelessness problem in Israel. If you want to investigate how they got their numbers, assess if you agree with their methods and then write them a detailed email deconstructing their report, then have at it. Meanwhile, the claim that there are 0 homeless people in Israel is, apparently, refuted.

You can't prove it, maybe it's used to beg for money and more support from the donors.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

But he doesn't believe the report and he has the right to refuse it, you can't force him to accept and to believe the Israeli reports.

Tumah

Veteran Member
poverity among the Jews or Arabs ? i doubt they were Jews .
I'm not surprised that you do. Facts don't seem to matter much to you. That doesn't change the reality though.

[/quote]The poverty rate among the Arab population declined by some 7 percentage points, from 54.4% in 2012 to 47.4% in 2013. This was attributed primarily to an increase in employment, especially among women. Despite the improvement, families from this sector were still roughly 3.5 times more likely to be under the poverty line than Jewish families, the report found.

In contrast, the poverty rate among the ultra-Orthodox increased to 66% in 2013 from 60% in 2012. The report attributes this to a lack of increase in employment, low earnings, and the government cutback in child allotments.

When compared to other OECD countries, Israel still has one of the highest poverty rates, ranking third worst after Mexico and Chile, the report noted. In addition, the GINI index of inequality indicated that while Israel’s standing improved, the country continues remains among those with the greatest level of inequality, after Chile, Mexico, Turkey, and the US.[/quote]
So much for American money.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I'm not surprised that you do. Facts don't seem to matter much to you. That doesn't change the reality though.

The poverty rate among the Arab population declined by some 7 percentage points, from 54.4% in 2012 to 47.4% in 2013. This was attributed primarily to an increase in employment, especially among women. Despite the improvement, families from this sector were still roughly 3.5 times more likely to be under the poverty line than Jewish families, the report found.

In contrast, the poverty rate among the ultra-Orthodox increased to 66% in 2013 from 60% in 2012. The report attributes this to a lack of increase in employment, low earnings, and the government cutback in child allotments.

When compared to other OECD countries, Israel still has one of the highest poverty rates, ranking third worst after Mexico and Chile, the report noted. In addition, the GINI index of inequality indicated that while Israel’s standing improved, the country continues remains among those with the greatest level of inequality, after Chile, Mexico, Turkey, and the US.
So much for American money.
it's funny that journalist in your link bring this picture to compare poverity between Jews and Arabs

ShowImage.ashx

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I have big doubt about homeless in Israel
Why?
Do you think Israel is so great that nobody is very poor? Are they magical or something? It would be the only place on earth without poverty. Well, except for Dubai and other places where the rich simply get rid of the poor by not allowing them in.

This is a derail of the thread, so I don't really want to follow it very far.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
"This chart shows where the US’s $5.9 billion in foreign military aid goes each year

original.jpg

source

That's 53% of all foreign military aid! . .53

This @metis, is what I meant by schitzophrenia.
Why does a country with a solid economy get $3B in aid, while desperately poor people in Haiti get a tiny fraction?
And we(I) have to pay the interest on the "aid" as well, since the US government has been growing the deficit since the Republicans took control in 2000.

You said that my opinions about who we should give aid to would require walking away from all of our allies. I don't think so. I just want our aid sent to people who are in need of help taking care of the worlds most unfortunate humans. But what we do is finance the military in countries that support violence instead. Israel gets the majority of my tax dollars. I want Haiti to get more of it. Israel clearly doesn't need us, Netanyahu feels entitled to snub our President when it's politically advantageous.
My bottom line here is F Israel. I'm not a Zionist. I think Israeli society is better than any Islamic society that I know about. But I don't feel any need to send them multi billions of taxpayer dollars when there are so many truly needy people around the globe. Let the Zionists fund them, just as the GCC funds Hamas.
Tom

Skwim

Veteran Member
This @metis, is what I meant by schitzophrenia.
Why does a country with a solid economy get $3B in aid, while desperately poor people in Haiti get a tiny fraction?
And we(I) have to pay the interest on the "aid" as well, since the US government has been growing the deficit since the Republicans took control in 2000.

You said that my opinions about who we should give aid to would require walking away from all of our allies. I don't think so. I just want our aid sent to people who are in need of help taking care of the worlds most unfortunate humans. But what we do is finance the military in countries that support violence instead. Israel gets the majority of my tax dollars. I want Haiti to get more of it. Israel clearly doesn't need us, Netanyahu feels entitled to snub our President when it's politically advantageous.
My bottom line here is F Israel. I'm not a Zionist. I think Israeli society is better than any Islamic society that I know about. But I don't feel any need to send them multi billions of taxpayer dollars when there are so many truly needy people around the globe. Let the Zionists fund them, just as the GCC funds Hamas.
Tom
I think you have me confused with someone else.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Why?
Do you think Israel is so great that nobody is very poor? Are they magical or something? It would be the only place on earth without poverty. Well, except for Dubai and other places where the rich simply get rid of the poor by not allowing them in.

This is a derail of the thread, so I don't really want to follow it very far.
Tom
I am not talking about poverity , i was talking about homelless .

I did not receive a good argument about homeless in Israel , they post link about tents it's probebly about protests ,
they post a picture about man laying in middle of proper area .
they post a link about old man beg for money.

my point is there is big different about homeless and poverity and beggers .

Now let's not be ridiculous.

We all know that Jews can't be poor.
I don't say that , i just doubt if there is Jews in Israel are homeless because of poverity (not because other issues, mentality )

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I think you have me confused with someone else.
Why?
I quoted your OP.
At least that's what I thought I did. My phone and RF reply box don't get along and all sorts of stupid things happen. Was that somebody else's post? I'm sorry if I messed up.
All too possible.
Tom