• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's next?

allfoak

Alchemist
We exist within a school house.
Experience is our teacher and the expansion of the mind the purpose.

Effortless learning is possible only when one understands how it is that we learn.

winnie_the_pooh_friends.jpeg

Last edited:

GoodbyeDave

A good guide to the history and various aspects of Daoism is
Eva Wong. Taoism: an essential guide
She's trained in the Complete reality school. The book has a good bibliography for finding texts on things like meditation.

I know that Daoism is a philosophy and Shenjiao a religion, but they go together and the best book about the religious side is probably
Jordan Paper. The Spirits are drunk.
He was a professor of both Sinology and Comparative religion, and converted to Shenjiao.

Baladas

An Págánach
Zhuangzi is probably the second Taoist text to go for. I've been planning to read it for some years but never got to it.

There's a free translation here:
Zhuangzi - Chinese Text Project

I second this! Zhuangzi is amazing. Really a wonderful book of wise poetry, almost always sprinkled with witty humor.

I would also recommend the Liezi. Links to both are in the "Taoist Text" post on this board.

:)