• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's It To You?

How Do You Feel About The Origins Of Life?

• I believe divinity had a hand in it, and I think everyone else should, too.

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • I believe divinity had a hand in it, but am indifferent to what others believe.

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • I believe only in origins that science supports, and think everyone else should, too.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • I believe only in origins that science supports, but am indifferent to what others believe.

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I don't know, and don't care one way or the other.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • God and science do not have to work apart from each other, so I am okay with either way of thinking.

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Reading a lot of threads over the last few days, I find people on both sides of the religious/scientific fences get awfully excited about who we(living beings) are, and how we got here.

So I thought I'd create a poll to see just how many people it matters to, and how much. Where do you stand?

(Please note this is in discussion, not debate.)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Reading a lot of threads over the last few days, I find people on both sides of the religious/scientific fences get awfully excited about who we(living beings) are, and how we got here.

So I thought I'd create a poll to see just how many people it matters to, and how much. Where do you stand?

(Please not this is in discussion, not debate.)
I believe some form of God created human kind

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I believe that science supports the formation and causation of the physical universe and all living. I can't relate to the divine in regards to creation and all, so I'm indifferent to what others believe. I'm not interested in science so the origin of the universe and our place in it has never really concerned me. What I do for the rest of my life until my final breathe is what I'm concerned about.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
None of the above.

I believe there is a Divine aspect to Creation, but I also believe and support the Scientific evidence for things such as evolution, age of the earth, etc.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
None of the above.

I believe there is a Divine aspect to Creation, but I also believe and support the Scientific evidence for things such as evolution, age of the earth, etc.

That's kind of where I stand, too, but was not able to word it so eloquently.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
There is no pole choice for God alone is the Creator.

Regards Tony

I was implying that with "divinity having a hand in it", without getting too exclusive to one faith or another. That would involve too many poll options, and become cumbersome. The poll is meant more for how you relate to others with your belief.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
None of the above

Abiogenesis as yet has not been tested but is the most feasible hypothesis of how life began on earth given current knowledge.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I don't believe life had an origin. I believe it springs from an impersonal intelligent force in which conscious entities exist. We originate from that force.

Wherever life can exist, it does. The medium of life clashes with the physical world. The physical world is just one of many expressions of reality. Natural laws in the physical universe are purposed for the inevitability of life.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

It's not exactly that I don't care. I just doubt I'll have an answer before I die so so why invest much time into it.

Heyo

Veteran Member
None of the above

Abiogenesis as yet has not been tested but is the most feasible hypothesis of how life began on earth given current knowledge.
"I believe only in origins that science supports, "
fits that position perfectly.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

None of the choices reflect my view.

I support the origins that science has theorized and hypothesized. I also support these origins and science themselves as an appearance of divinity.

As far as what everyone else thinks, I'm glad to share what I know when asked, but I also understand that people will believe what they will based on their current understandings of reality, and that is perfectly acceptable to me.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
"I believe only in origins that science supports, "
fits that position perfectly.

Science does not support abiogenesis any more than it supports any hypothesis such as panspermia
If/when abiogenesis can be tested it then becomes a different matter. I believe that may come within the next few years, then I'll come back and vote... ;-)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Science does not support abiogenesis any more than it supports any hypothesis such as panspermia
If/when abiogenesis can be tested it then becomes a different matter. I believe that may come within the next few years, then I'll come back and vote... ;-)

Science supports it's own theories and hypotheses.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I was implying that with "divinity having a hand in it", without getting too exclusive to one faith or another. That would involve too many poll options, and become cumbersome. The poll is meant more for how you relate to others with your belief.

That's OK the pole is not for me then.

Regards Tony