• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's God's Big Hangup With Homosexuality?

Sonofason

Too bad those poor folks in Africa aren't.
Why do you think God likes you so much better than black people?
Tom
I don't think God likes me better than anyone else. There are consequences to every decision that we make. There are consequences to every action that we take.
If you do not love and obey every commandment of God, you have no claim to any of the protections that He promises.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I don't think God likes me better than anyone else. There are consequences to every decision that we make. There are consequences to every action that we take.
If you do not love and obey every commandment of God, you have no claim to any of the protections that He promises.
The fact remains that I am in no more danger from HIV than you are.

Poor Africans are. More people get aids from crummy health clinics than gay sex. But nobody calls it a "health clinic" disease.
Because westerners have the blinders on, like you do. Western Christians are too busy storing up treasure that moth and rust will devour than taking care of the least among us.

That's why the local cadillac dealership and clothing store do so much better than health clinics in Africa.
Tom

Skwim

Veteran Member
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the precepts of God. If you would read them, you might understand. It is my guess, that there is absolutely no kind of sex that you do that is justifiable in the sight of God. Therefore, my advice to you is just stop having sex of any kind. You'll be much better off.
I take it then that you don't even know what sodomy is. Interesting. Particularly when you find it a "deplorable act."

Sonofason

I take it then that you don't even know what sodomy is. Interesting. Particularly when you find it a "deplorable act."

Keep taking it however you want to take it. It makes no difference to me whether or not you believe that I understand the meaning of a word.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Keep taking it however you want to take it. It makes no difference to me whether or not you believe that I understand the meaning of a word.
Don't want to answer, huh. Then I'll. . . .let's see . . . . . . .then I'll opt for number 6. You believe sodomy is oral sex. You and your wife don't engage in oral sex but . . . . . . . . . . . why you kinky old fart you.;)

Sonofason

Don't want to answer, huh. Then I'll. . . .let's see . . . . . . .then I'll opt for number 6. You believe sodomy is oral sex. You and your wife don't engage in oral sex but . . . . . . . . . . . why you kinky old fart you.;)

You would have been right no matter which number you chose. Perversion is perversion.

omega2xx

[QUOTE="Sonofason, post: 5169944, member: 50910"]It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the precepts of God. If you would read them, you might understand. It is my guess, that there is absolutely no kind of sex that you do that is justifiable in the sight of God. Therefore, my advice to you is just stop having sex of any kind. You'll be much better off.[/QUOTE]

If we quit having sex, God first commandment could not be obeyed. Same problem for homosexuals.

Sonofason

[QUOTE="Sonofason, post: 5169944, member: 50910"]It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the precepts of God. If you would read them, you might understand. It is my guess, that there is absolutely no kind of sex that you do that is justifiable in the sight of God. Therefore, my advice to you is just stop having sex of any kind. You'll be much better off.

If we quit having sex, God first commandment could not be obeyed. Same problem for homosexuals.
[/QUOTE]
It is probably a good thing that you misinterpreted my comment. It's probably better that way. Otherwise, my blatant bigotry could be exposed.

Skwim

Veteran Member
You would have been right no matter which number you chose. Perversion is perversion.
Really? Well let's see. First, a definition of perversion:

Definition of perversion
  1. a perverted form; especially : an aberrant sexual practice or interest especially when habitual
  2. Source" Merriam- Webster Dictionary
Might be helpful to define "aberrant" as well.

Definition of aberrant

1 : deviating from the usual or natural type : atypical, abnormal aberrant behavior
Source" Merriam- Webster Dictionary
So, are oral and anal sex unusual, abnormal, or even aberrant?

Let's see.

Sexual%20Behavior%20PIc.jpg

Looking at the 25 - 59 year old age groups (those most sexually active)
49 - 77% of the men receive oral sex, and 44 - 74% of the women receive oral sex. That's a darn good percentage of men and women receiving oral sex.
44 - 74% of men performed oral sex, while 36 -76% of the women performed oral sex That's also a darn good percentage.

As for anal sex, which is just coming into acceptance, and pretty much limited to men on the giving end and women on the receiving end.

Looking at only the younger groups, 20 - 39 years old: (those most familiar with the option)
11 - 27% of the men participated, while 21 - 23% of the women did.

Conclusions:

With one half to three quarters of the population involved in oral sex it can hardly be considered abnormal or a perversion---by a long shot.
As for anal sex, which as I noted, is just beginning to gain in popularity, we're looking at around one fifth to one quarter of the population, which does not reach the level of normal (50% + taken as normal) and can be said to be an abnormal practice, but not a perversion unless habitual.

So, while you may see oral sex as a perversion and all anal sex as a perversion, your notion of perversion is yours alone, and isn't supported by the facts. But hey, we both knew this all along, didn't we. For the most part I wanted others to see where the truth lay, and not be snookered by your personal biases.

Oh yes, considering how many people derive sexual gratification from oral sex maybe you and the misses ought to give it a try. It can't hurt . . . . . . . if done properly ;)

Last edited:

Sonofason

Definition of perversion
  1. a perverted form; especially : an aberrant sexual practice or interest especially when habitual

Definition of aberrant

1 : deviating from the usual or natural type : atypical, abnormal aberrant behavior

Let's see.

49 - 77% of the men receive oral sex, and 44 - 74% of the women receive oral sex. That's a darn good percentage of men and women receiving oral sex.
44 - 74% of men performed oral sex, while 36 -76% of the women performed oral sex That's also a darn good percentage.

As for anal sex, which is just coming into acceptance, and pretty much limited to men on the giving end and women on the receiving end.

Looking at only the younger groups, 20 - 39 years old: (those most familiar with the option)

Conclusions:

With one half to three quarters of the population involved in oral sex it can hardly be considered abnormal or a perversion---by a long shot.
As for anal sex, which as I noted, is just beginning to gain in popularity, we're looking at around one fifth to one quarter of the population, which does not reach the level of normal (50% + taken as normal) and can be said to be an abnormal practice, but not a perversion unless habitual.

So, while you may see oral sex as a perversion and all anal sex as a perversion, your notion of perversion is yours alone, and isn't supported by the facts. But hey, we both knew this all along, didn't we. For the most part I wanted others to see where the truth lay, and not be snookered by your personal biases.

Oh yes, considering how many people derive sexual gratification from oral sex maybe you and the misses ought to give it a try. It can't hurt . . . . . . . if done properly ;)

I'm through condemning you. I do not measure perversion by the standards of mere men, but by the precepts of God. But I appreciate your effort.

Grumpuss

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the precepts of God. If you would read them, you might understand. It is my guess, that there is absolutely no kind of sex that you do that is justifiable in the sight of God. Therefore, my advice to you is just stop having sex of any kind. You'll be much better off.
It's very simple: look to the wisdom of the Bible. If instead, like one certain poster, you want to engage in bestiality, anilinguous and other extra-Biblical descriptions of sexual activity, then just know that most of the world believes you'll meet the same fate as those in Sodom and Gomorrah.

I guess the Kama Sutra makes for interesting reading for prurient interest for adolescent boys, but it's not a coincidence that some of the most devastating diseases like syphilis, hepatitis, AIDS and now Ebola are spread through such blights.

My own belief is that we should take no action in this world, save to pray for such peoples. They will be judged accordingly in time.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Well, I'm new to this forum and I guess I'll get into the fray. I haven't read any of the responses. I myself am not homophobic, my personal knowledge is we all go to Heaven no matter what even and especially gay people and atheists. (Gays become straight in Heaven)

If the only reason you are reluctant from being Religious or Spiritual is because of all Religions stances on Homosexuality (Contrary to popular Western Belief Buddhists and Hindus do not accept homosexuality) then what I suggest you do is spend time with Homosexual people getting to know them. Now, Brietbart News is run completely by homosexuals and their twitter feed is run by a homosexual, so follow it. Many people at Fox News including their contributors like Ann Coulter are gay, so watch to it. These are all closeted gay people living salacious lives preying on the ignorant.

I think after a while of getting to know Homosexuals and their agenda, if you are not in denial, you will see they are not innocent people. It's not their sex life that bothers people like me one bit; if it was just sex no one would care. It's all the baggage that comes with a mis-wired mind and body where no rational thought is penetrable that is the problem.

Look, we all go to Heaven I know this for a fact. It genuinely is not their fault they were born Gay, but I'm not going to sacrifice my well-being over people who are deceitful, irrational, cunning, salacious, in positions of power all over America. Just know, they are not innocent and never have been throughout history.

Now keep in mind as an update, St. Paul had every right and experience to distance Christianity from Homosexuality. Read up on Greek and Roman lifestyle, highly gay and with a highly gay society you get a highly totalitarian one. There are reasons why the Communist Party in USSR and China persecuted homosexuals and it's not because they are Religious.

Now, if you can convince me there is no gay agenda going on in Conservative America, then I will admit St. Paul was too hard on the Gay Community. But this whole gay agenda has been with us since the beginning so I doubt you can convince me it was bad for society that St. Paul disowned the Gay people. It may have been bad for Gay people, but what world would we be living in if it was not done? A totalitarian one.
Slanderous, ignorant, bigoted nonsense. For shame.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I'm through condemning you. I do not measure perversion by the standards of mere men, but by the precepts of God. But I appreciate your effort.
So how does god's notion of perversion differ from the definition I've presented?

Perversion:
a perverted form; especially : an aberrant sexual practice or interest especially when habitual.

Sonofason

It's very simple: look to the wisdom of the Bible. If instead, like one certain poster, you want to engage in bestiality, anilinguous and other extra-Biblical descriptions of sexual activity, then just know that most of the world believes you'll meet the same fate as those in Sodom and Gomorrah.

I guess the Kama Sutra makes for interesting reading for prurient interest for adolescent boys, but it's not a coincidence that some of the most devastating diseases like syphilis, hepatitis, AIDS and now Ebola are spread through such blights.

My own belief is that we should take no action in this world, save to pray for such peoples. They will be judged accordingly in time.
And I believe they need to be removed from this world.

Sonofason

Definition of perversion

Definition of aberrant

Let's see.

Conclusions:

In regard to all of these extreme perversions, you can be sure, God will never forgive homosexuals, not even one homosexual. He can only forgive former homosexuals.

Sonofason

Definition of perversion

Definition of aberrant

Let's see.

Conclusions:

Your statistics only prove one thing, and that is that what Jesus said is true. "small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." No homosexual will ever find salvation.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Since Jesus said Judge not lest you be Judged, I think you should worry about whether you will be saved, and forget about everyone else!!

Sonofason

Since Jesus said Judge not lest you be Judged, I think you should worry about whether you will be saved, and forget about everyone else!!
I intend on being judged according to how I judge others. And I'm perfectly okay with that.

Luckily for me, I haven't condemned anyone to the death they deserve.