• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's God's Big Hangup With Homosexuality?

I am really gay and here is my gay agenda.

Sexual urges are a powerful force in most people. So it is important that we encourage everyone to pick a compatible mate, to reduce irresponsible sex. Irresponsible sex causes all kinds of problems from rape and abuse to STDs to crisis pregnancy. So I think everybody should get and stay married in order to prevent all that.

Everybody. All competent adults. Including gay ones. I am just prudish that way.
Tom

Thank you, friend for your understanding. I fully support Gay Marriage. For the Gay Community the best hope is to live openly, authentically and honestly with the religious and government right of Marriage. But, but, but let me explain what you are getting at. Why do Conservatives oppose Gay Marriage?

I'll tell you why, for decades the Conservative in the South and Midwest have been told by their Pastors, "a gay sex act does not make you gay, you are only gay if you are in a gay relationship." For these, people you can have a wife and commit as many gay sex acts on the side but because you have your wife and you are not in a relationship with the gay people you are with you are still saved. Whoever wrote Brokeback Mountain knew what goes on in the South and the Midwest. So, they literally oppose gay marriage because they are gay (closeted, denial) but everyone is saved because like their Pastor says no one is in a relationship.

I tell you I know things, I've volunteered in the GOP I've gone to Office Candidate School (the military is highly, highly gay which is why they do the picture scandal to cover it up as people like me were spreading it and that is why there is Truth to Westboro Baptist Church. I just don't condone their methods). I want to make clear you and openly gay people are not the problem and the things these gay people do would make you turn red with anger because they make you look bad all while pretending to be straight.

I'll even go so far to write you are very welcome in the Republican Party. All you have to do is pretend to be straight, but they'll know you are gay like Jason Chafetz and Lyndsey Graham, spew Trump supporter hatred, be Racist like Ann Coulter and Milo Younopolis, and you have a huge career with them. But the problem will be what they do is very perverse and you, who I know are Holy, would not like it.

Cheers!

Sonofason

Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Gays are not single-out by God, sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, thieves, greedy, drunkards, slanderers and swindlers are also on the list.

Now on LGBT community, I say they are very artistic and lively. But in the Philippines were I am from, HIV is growing primarily due to the fact that men have sex with men - based on the Department of Health Statistics given below:
HIV-in-numbers_3_CNNPH.png

HIV/AIDS infection in the Philippines is low but growing. The current incidence of HIV/AIDS in the country remains under 0.1% of the total population in 2015. The Philippines has one of the lowest rates of infection, yet has one of the fastest growing number of cases worldwide. The Philippines is one of seven countries with growth in number of cases of over 25%, from 2001 to 2009.

Cases are concentrated among men who have sex with men, and secondarily, among female sex workers.HIV cases among men having sex with men multiplied over 10 times since 2010. HIV cases are getting younger.

The first case of HIV infection in the Philippines was reported in January 1984.

HIV/AIDS in the Philippines - Wikipedia

So God is good and He knows best. Men shouldn't have sex with men otherwise we will have a pandemic on our hands. I believe it is unnatural and disease causing. Take it from the Philippine experience with HIV.
Indeed...straight, monogamous heterosexuals just don't get HIV, probably have a better chance of getting struck by lightning.

MJFlores

Sonofason

So do I.
But the large majority of HIV victims are poor heterosexual people in Africa. There are countries where 15% of the population are probably infected.
Tom
Nope, if you're not a drug user, and if you are monogamous or chaste, which is usually not the case with gay men, you will will have a better chance of getting struck by lightning then contracting HIV.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Nope, if you're not a drug user, and if you are monogamous or chaste, which is usually not the case with gay men, you will will have a better chance of getting struck by lightning then contracting HIV.
All of which I am.
Nevertheless, what you said is wrong. The large majority of HIV victims are heterosexual.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Meaningless. A much larger proportion of gay men have HIV than the proportion of heterosexual men that have it.
The Family of Humanity is a lot bigger than your country. The fact remains that the overwhelming majority of HIV victims are heterosexual and African. And there would be a lot less of it if westerners cared about it.
Tom

Sonofason

The Family of Humanity is a lot bigger than your country. The fact remains that the overwhelming majority of HIV victims are heterosexual and African. And there would be a lot less of it if westerners cared about it.
Tom
If that is true, then they are not monogamous. Monogamous heterosexuals who are not intravenous drug users do not contract HIV. It just doesn't happen...sorry.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
If that is true, then they are not monogamous. Monogamous heterosexuals who are not intravenous drug users do not contract HIV. It just doesn't happen...sorry.
Monogamy is a different issue.
In Africa huge numbers of families get split up so the man can get work while the mother stays close to the rest of the family for support.
The comfortable little world most Usonian people live in is nothing like the experience of most people.
And monogamous homosexuals who don't do use intravenous drugs don't either. Good reason for them to get married, obviously.
Tom

Sonofason

Monogamy is a different issue.
In Africa huge numbers of families get split up so the man can get work while the mother stays close to the rest of the family for support.
The comfortable little world most Usonian people live in is nothing like the experience of most people.
And monogamous homosexuals who don't do use intravenous drugs don't either. Good reason for them to get married, obviously.
Tom
Marriage is by no means an indicator of ones chastity or ability to be monogomous.

Sonofason

I hope for your partner's sake you don't base your decisions around sexual health on that horrible, dangerous assumption.
My wife and I are faithful to one another. My wife and I are not drug users. My wife and I do not use needles and therefore we do not share needles. My wife and I do not engage in the deplorable act of sodomy. My wife and I are under the protection of God, because we adhere to the principles of God. It is impossible for her and I to contract HIV. Call it what you like, but by no means do I make dangerous assumptions.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
My wife and I are faithful to one another. My wife and I are not drug users. My wife and I do not use needles and therefore we do not share needles. My wife and I do not engage in the deplorable act of sodomy. My wife and I are under the protection of God, because we adhere to the principles of God. It is impossible for her and I to contract HIV. Call it what you like, but by no means do I make dangerous assumptions.
You seem unknowledgeable about how HIV is transmitted. Yes, I'd say you make dangerous assumptions.

HIV Transmission | HIV Basics | HIV/AIDS | CDC

Please, please tell me that you don't work in the health care field.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Sodomy (/ˈsɒdəmi/) is generally anal or oral sex between people or sexual activity between a person and a non-human animal (bestiality)
source: Wikipedia​

So, "sodomy" as in:

1) No anal sex, or oral sex, or bestiality?
2) Or just no anal sex and oral sex?
3) Or just no anal sex and bestiality?
4) Or just no oral sex and bestiality?
5) Or just no anal sex?
6) Or just no oral sex?
7) Or just no bestiality?​

I only ask so as to understand what you consider to be deplorable about sodomy.

Last edited:

Sonofason

Sodomy (/ˈsɒdəmi/) is generally anal or oral sex between people or sexual activity between a person and a non-human animal (bestiality)
source: Wikipedia​

So, "sodomy" as in:

no anal sex, or oral sex, or bestiality?
Or just no anal sex and oral sex?
Or just no anal sex and bestiality?
Or just no oral sex and bestiality?
Or just no anal sex?
Or just no oral sex?
Or just no bestiality?​

I only ask so as to understand what you consider to be deplorable about sodomy.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the precepts of God. If you would read them, you might understand. It is my guess, that there is absolutely no kind of sex that you do that is justifiable in the sight of God. Therefore, my advice to you is just stop having sex of any kind. You'll be much better off.