• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's Broken?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Nuclear strategery!

NUCLEAR+DANGER.png
Where, exactly? I don't know of any place on Earth that runs 100% on nuclear power.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

A battery that is charged by electricity from a nuclear power generator!

nuclear-power-generation-in-united-states.jpg

Illinois is by far the most nuclear reliant state in the United States. As of 2017, if Illinois were a nation, it would be the 10th largest nuclear power in the world.

Nuclear Illinois – NEIS

I was going to point out that 63% of electricity in the US comes from fossil fuels, but Illinois, because of its 11 nuclear reactors and increasing number of wind farms, is indeed better than the national average.

That said, 41% of electricity in Illinois still comes from fossil fuels (coal, natural gas), so you might not be as green as you think.

Illinois: An Energy And Economic Analysis - IER

Also, had you considered what becomes of the NMC battery at the end of its life?

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I was going to point out that 63% of electricity in the US comes from fossil fuels, but Illinois, because of its 11 nuclear reactors and increasing number of wind farms, is indeed better than the national average.

That said, 41% of electricity in Illinois still comes from fossil fuels (coal, natural gas), so you might not be as green as you think.

Illinois: An Energy And Economic Analysis - IER

Also, had you considered what becomes of the NMC battery at the end of its life?

Are NMC batteries recyclable?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Mine will be....I'm gonna leave a smaller fossil footprint behind me than what almost anybody else will leave behind in the first class world, cause I believe in protecting mother Earth for our future generations.
Plenty of people in the first world live without cars altogether.

You are leaving a much greater footprint than anyone who just takes the bus to get around.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Plenty of people in the first world live without cars altogether.

You are leaving a much greater footprint than anyone who just takes the bus to get around.

Privileged class people like me avoid public transportation because there are too many low lives and dirt bags.

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I'm not catching any cold or sharing people's germs riding public transportation....Also, there are too many low lives there too.
Whatever your reasons for not taking transit (or walking, or cycling), I hope you understand the difference between "I'm gonna leave a smaller fossil footprint behind me than what almost anybody else will leave behind in the first class world" and "lots of people in the first world are going to leave a much smaller footprint than me, but I think my reasons for not reducing my footprint are justified."

David T

Premium Member
It is the theme of many world religions that the human being arrives upon this earth somehow flawed, imperfect, or broken, or becomes so early in life, and that the purpose of the human's mundane existence is to work toward perfecting itself.

In your belief, what is broken and needs fixing? What must you do to go about fixing and perfecting yourself and/or others? To what end?
Lack of Breathing and an under appreciation for trees.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
In the Xian religion, the human being arrives upon this earth perfect for its existence upon the earth--with an overwhelming selfishness that fuels the survival instinct. God saw His creation, and declared it to be good.

However, being perfect for existence on earth is incompatible for existence in the presence of God, Whose nature is love--the opposite of selfishness. The purpose of our mundane existence is to experience temporary physical life. God's purpose is to prepare as many souls as possible to experience eternal spiritual life, by substituting His nature (Christ's nature) of love for our own nature of selfishness.

I don't see anything "broken" with the system.

I see one thing. The undue suffering along this path. Learning to love others only to be in constant fear that the peace you feel now will get upended by sudden misfortune.

It's one thing to teach us the results of sinful behavior, it's quite another to make those who are finally learning to be happy wonder what will happen them without their cat, parents, or spouse. Especially if they are financially dependent.