• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's better, Ethiopian or Egyptian food?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'd look up reviews and apply the metric that reviews are more from those who don't like the food than from the satisfied people.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
My experience is Ethiopian tends to be meat heavy, but I believe there are a number of vegetarian options, as fasting by abstaining from meat is common in the country. Or so says my Ethiopian cookbook...

That being said, I tend to make most of my food at home, so I don't have to worry about there being meat in it or not. Both of my experiences with Ethiopian and Egyptian have been homemade. It can be reeeeally hard to locate Ethiopian spices.
We eat out about 3 times a year, but there's one exception ... long road trips.

Cooky

Veteran Member
How was your meal?

I just finished... That was actually really good. I had the vegetarian plate, a beef plate and a
the chicken plate, and my favorite was the vegetarian plate.

...The feeling I get after eating it was that it was an ancient meal. I feel like that’s something humans have been eating for a million years. And my stomach doesn't hurt at all -no bloating, no food "comatose"... I'm satisfied.

Not the most awe-inspiring picture, but the flavors were really good.

The vegetarian plate:
20200818_203310.jpg

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
That looks delicious. I haven't made Ethiopian for awhile; good inspiration to do so again.

That bread is something else!