• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whatever happened to Rex Farrye?

Rational Agnostic

As a young Christian in 2008, when I first heard of Rex Farrye, I was very intrigued, fascinated, and terrified. I was torn between accepting him as the second coming of Christ, or believing that he was the AntiChrist, although I leaned toward believing that he was the AntiChrist. Not much has been heard about Rex Farrye since then, but it's always fun to reignite an old Internet rumor. Anyone else remember hearing about Rex Farrye?

New messiah or evil anti-Christ: Just who is Rex Farrye?
A MAN who claims to have a human mother and a space alien father is said to be working miracles in the Holy Land.

And while untold thousands of true believers are convinced he is the new Messiah who will lead the forces of goodness and light to victory in the Battle of Armageddon, as many or more insist that Rex Farrye is not the Son of God or even a sincere evangelist.

He is, they say, the evil anti-Christ portrayed so chillingly in the Bible’s apocalyptic Book of Revelation.

jesusalachua1.jpg
“I am who I am, nothing more,” the slightly bulb-headed and lily white, almost translucent, Farrye told me exclusively in a rare telephone interview from his ”Miracle Camp” on the outskirts of Jerusalem.

“I am of this world because my mother is of this world,” he said, referring to his claim of having an extraterrestrial father.

“I am not of this world because my father is not of this world. Some say I am the Messiah. Some say I am not.”

No one is denying that Farrye, 33, has performed seemingly impossible healings of hundreds of sick and dying people, many of whom have waited in lines up to a mile long seeking cures that, they believe, only he can give them.

He is also said to have the ability to vanish and reappear hundreds of miles away - and move or destroy objects just by looking at them or waving his hand.

But skeptics - including individuals, religious scholars, and intelligence agencies such as Israel’s Mossad and America’s CIA - say the question isn’t whether Farrye works miracles, it’s, “How does he work miracles - and why.”

“Everybody wants to know how it is he is able to do what he does,” said Laycie Datnoff, a freelance journalist who has reported on Farrye and his ministry since the mystery man began to develop a following late last year.

“Does he heal through mass hypnosis? Are we looking at group hysteria? Does Farrye seed the ranks of the sick and dying with healthy followers who only pretend to be sick and then ‘miraculously recover’ to make his successes seem more common and dramatic than they really are?

“These are the kinds of possibilities that skeptics, especially religious skeptics, are inclined to embrace when discussing a man like Farrye.

“Unfortunately, dismissing Farrye as a mere charlatan isn’t that simple. For one thing, he lives in poverty and accepts neither gifts nor money for anything he does.

“And it’s pretty clear that he’s working at least some genuine miracles out there. As a journalist I consider myself to be a major skeptic,” she told me.

“And yet I’ve seen Farrye raise people from their deathbeds - people I know for a fact were being eaten alive with cancers and AIDS.

“It’s even been reported that he raised a dead woman from her coffin - alive - simply by commanding her to ‘live again by the Holy Name of God.’

“But he’s not too high and mighty to overlook ‘the little things.’ He’s just as likely to make a wart vanish as help a quadriplegic move again.

“Mossad and the CIA are taking a keen interest in Farrye,” she continued. “With the world on the brink of World War 3, with strife in the Holy Land threatening to touch off that war at any moment, they have to take a man such as this seriously.

“As word of his miracles spreads, millions of people - and eventually billions of people - may find themselves compelled to take sides.

“Whether Farrye is real or a fake, the Messiah or the anti-Christ, isn’t really the issue. The issue is how much power over mankind can he assume, how quickly can he assume it, and what will he do with that power when he’s got it?

“Beyond that, the question remains: ‘For whom is Farrye working: the forces of light and peace and good - or the forces of darkness and evil and war?’

“To put all this in perspective, ask yourself whether you’d like to live in a world guided by the Pope and Dr. Billy Graham - or by Osama bin Laden and North Korea’s Kim Jong Il?

“It’s clear that Farrye would be right at home with two of these men. But which two? Farrye’s followers insist that his miracles are proof enough of his close relationship with God and the forces of good.

“And yet, a large and growing number of opponents remain unconvinced. They are steadfast in their belief that the miracles might just as easily be a kind of ’satanic sleight of hand’ - the work of a false prophet.”

A murky background doesn’t help his cause. Even though official records show that Farr was born out of wedlock to Jasmine Farrye, in Bethlehem, on December 25, 1974, his past remains shrouded in mystery.

There is no record of him having ever attended school. His mother, whose occupation, if she had one, is unknown, disappeared in 1978.

And his father has never been identified.

Not only that, Farrye flip-flops on the specifics, sometimes saying he spent his childhood in London , sometimes saying he spent it in Jerusalem - and sometimes saying he grew up on another planet with his space alien dad.

He has, according to the Jerusalem Post, been more consistent in discussing his immediate purpose, which, he claims, is “to bring love into the world.”

To that end, he reportedly has assembled a tightly knit and highly symbolic group of 12 disciples - just as Jesus Christ did to help spread and perpetuate his ministry some 2,000 years ago.

Meanwhile, with the controversy over Farrye heating up in the Holy Land, a Western intelligence source confirms that Farrye is planning a world tour “to bring his message of love - or hate - to a global audience.”

It is a tour that, another insider says, “the CIA will watch very closely.”

“I want to believe that God has sent a Messiah to keep us from annihilating ourselves in World War 3,” the veteran CIA analyst told me.

“But in my business you’re not allowed to hope and dream - you expect the worst and you prepare for the worst and let the chips fall where they may.”

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Since this is a "joke" thread... I'll quote the Bible Matt 24:5

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

IF true this proves that "many" humans are gullible and dumb to let others deceive them:D. The rich elite convenient makes use of this truth.

Rational Agnostic

Yeah, almost certainly a hoax. But I have to wonder. If a small group of people were to write "The Gospel of Rex Farrye" in 30-100 years, could a new branch of Christianity be formed? This is how religions get started IMO, some imaginative person (like the blogger who invented Farrye) writes stories, and the stories get embellished by more people, leading to a legendary status of a person who likely never existed. I'm not saying Jesus never existed, but who knows.