• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Would You Wear to an RF Meetup?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I find it amusing sometimes that the people I spend so much time talking to and I might pass each other on the street, and completely not recognize each other...
You know that person you saw last week in the park who was wrestling with a snow leopard?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Based on how much some RFers despise me I should probably wear Kevlar or a suit of armor. But, then, I have no fear or shame and refuse to temper my sense of fashion due to the opinions of others. So I would probably wear a three piece suit with a French cuffed shirt and sporting a pocket watch and chain. In other words, my usual casual attire.
When I worked for the phone company we had real halloween dress up contests. The most casual dresser of them all came as a proper British gentleman complete with briefcase and umbrella. Another coworker had his girlfriend do a complete make up job on him and came in drag (way before it was politically fraught). I came as I used to be: a hippie with beads and the works.

Now of course that's not possible unfortunately. Mixing a wee bit of fun with work? Never.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
When I worked for the phone company we had real halloween dress up contests. The most casual dresser of them all came as a proper British gentleman complete with briefcase and umbrella. Another coworker had his girlfriend do a complete make up job on him and came in drag (way before it was politically fraught). I came as I used to be: a hippie with beads and the works.

Now of course that's not possible unfortunately. Mixing a wee bit of fun with work? Never.
I went to school as a boy one day. It took a lot of work... I really wanted to be convincing.

I was. I got counted absent in a class, and was ignored by a few friends who didn't know who the new guy in class was. My boyfriend didn't know why there was some dude standing where I usually came to meet him.

I did it a few more times over the years... fun, but a lot of work.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Buy me a hat!
Carolena-Colour-Bucket-Cloth-Hat-by-Lierys.63782_f2.jpg
This one okay?