• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Would You Want...

☆Dreamwind☆

A little bit of each, I should think. Also, call me snobbish but I'd like for it to have a little more flair and mystery to it as well, instead of being a boring building with pews and a pulpit that I grew up seeing.

I suspect that reconstructionists would have a better chance of making dedicated temples.

It would probably be open to various sorts of devotees, but most likely have specific rituals and initiations and the like for members. I'm not entirely sure how people do group rituals tbh so, maybe I'm wrong in that regard?

Do we actually have any dedicated places in the world?

ETA: I looked, and we've got some.

Last edited:

Tamino

Both, obviously. Since any form of public ritual is made to build community. With each other, with the gods, with the land. Ritual and Community are kind of the same thing, aren't they?

I'd love to have a temple for the sacred space and ritual it provides. I don't like being my own priest, I'd love to have someone who's doing the daily rites and organizing festivals, so I could just come and watch the procession.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
What about you @The Hammer and @Guitar's Cry ? What would you guys like to see?

I think a public space for meditation, prayer, offerings, and a ritual space would be great, with maybe some private spaces, especially outside, where some folks may want to go it skyclad. I think it would be a good idea to have some expectations around cleansing the space physically and spiritually.

☆Dreamwind☆

I think it would probably be best to make them for regional pantheons in general, as opposed to just one temple for one deity at a time, at least to begin with. That would likely bring more people, both eclectic and reconstructionist in because it's accessible, and more likely to give them a place to gather and worship and do rituals.

There'd likely be special days to devote to the temple deities such as holy days and festivals. On other days people could come and do their thing too.