• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would you like to know about Conscious thoughts as a being?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You've changed your belief system, your avatar, what might you change next?
Everything that Amanaki used to be changed some time ago, it was a part of the spiritual prosess that happend this year. Finding that what i used to think was the self really only was an illusion.

Now it is full freedom, so if something change in the future it will be natural for it to happen.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
For you is the self all about worldly identity attachment?

For me I am an inescapable self even removing all worldly attachment and worldly identities. I tried being a non self for awhile, but everyone I truly love is because I can truly love them. I consider myself akin to a vessel.

What would be the highest attainment for you? Or is it to let go of attaining?

Sorry I'm a bit confused about losing the self!

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
For you is the self all about worldly identity attachment?

For me I am an inescapable self even removing all worldly attachment and worldly identities. I tried being a non self for awhile, but everyone I truly love is because I can truly love them. I consider myself akin to a vessel.

What would be the highest attainment for you? Or is it to let go of attaining?

Sorry I'm a bit confused about losing the self!
Self or ego ( i want, i need, i can, i can't) is all based on wanting something we dont have or getting rid of what we dont like to have.
When self is no more, one live only in this moment. What has already happen can not be change, what yet to be can only be changed according to what is done in the moment. So what I do right now deside what the future bring.
But to not cling to it, no matter what happens means one has let go of the attachment to fear of unpleasant experience or pleasant experience. It just is.

In the home i have there is less then 20 items that i have. So wordly prosessen does not make me happy or sad :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm glad to hear that, actually. It's good to cultivate a relationship over a longer period of time, imo.

Second question: What do you think of Satan and his role in the world?
That is a being that create a lot of suffering for people on earth. But i see that being as beatable. Meaning when ego is being released/let go off from our mind evil can not reach us anymore

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Please read this: www.livingislam.org

I think you will like what you read
In looking deeper in to the sufi part of Islam it actually look like you are correct about where in Islam i would belong the best, and yes a sunni sufi is possible as far as i understand:) sufi is more about the mystic practice then pure sunni. But both have the teachings of quran as the teaching.

Sunni islam is alot about how to practice here and now in physical life, whereas sufi is about spiritual awakening toward what comes after physical life.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
In looking deeper in to the sufi part of Islam it actually look like you are correct about where in Islam i would belong the best, and yes a sunni sufi is possible as far as i understand:) sufi is more about the mystic practice then pure sunni. But both have the teachings of quran as the teaching.

Sunni islam is alot about how to practice here and now in physical life, whereas sufi is about spiritual awakening toward what comes after physical life.
im happy you found what you was looking for in your soul :blush:

By the way i reccomend Reading about sufism in english and search it on Google in english. Because if you search in norwegian on Google it is So little information on the internet on sufism