• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would you do?

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
So I have a goal at the group home regarding understanding what to do in social situations...the staff at the group home decided to help work with me...I was to look at a scenario tell what I'd do...did pretty good but one threw me off...someone tells someone else something you asked to keep between each other what do you do? I still don't know what the appropriate response is to that. What would you do?

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Hm. Well, initially, I don't really tell much that I don't want broadcast, because these things do happen. But, should this occur...

I would probably voice some amount of disapproval to the person I originally told("Hey, I was really disappointed you chose to share something confidential!"). But, from then out, what's done is done. I'd make a mental note not to share anything else of importance with that person again.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Hm. Well, initially, I don't really tell much that I don't want broadcast, because these things do happen. But, should this occur...

I would probably voice some amount of disapproval to the person I originally told("Hey, I was really disappointed you chose to share something confidential!"). But, from then out, what's done is done. I'd make a mental note not to share anything else of importance with that person again.
This, Ray.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
So I have a goal at the group home regarding understanding what to do in social situations...so the staff at the group home decided to help work with me...I was to look at a scenario tell what I'd do...did pretty good but one threw me off...someone tells someone else something you asked to keep between each other what do you do? I still don't know what the appropriate response is to that. So what would you do?

It depends on what the test is for. I had a neuropsych four hour test. If I looked for the answers (which are kept confidential) then it would compromised the test. For me it was to see if my seizures affected mental, social, behavioral issues.

If it's just a more of a group exercise but not a psychiatric or other test, I'd say that's fine. Depends.

VoidCat

It depends on what the test is for. I had a neuropsych four hour test. If I looked for the answers (which are kept confidential) then it would compromised the test. For me it was to see if my seizures affected mental, social, behavioral etc issues.

If it's just a more of a group exercise but not a psychiatric or other test, I'd say that's fine. Depends.
It was just an exercise to help me with social situations.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
So I have a goal at the group home regarding understanding what to do in social situations...the staff at the group home decided to help work with me...I was to look at a scenario tell what I'd do...did pretty good but one threw me off...someone tells someone else something you asked to keep between each other what do you do? I still don't know what the appropriate response is to that. What would you do?

Nothing. I find most people are going to tell someone else. It's like they can't help themselves. Actually, I'd blame myself for expecting this not to happen.

Rare IMO to come across someone who would keep a secret. I'd make a mental note, never expect anything you tell a person in secret not to get to a 3rd party.
Never tell someone something that would cause you problems if it got to a 3rd party.

Not saying there aren't people who will keep it between the two of you, but you'll never know who those people are until it's too late.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

I’d let it go and likely never confide in that person again because s/he violated my trust.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
There is no "right or wrong way" to answer these. It's just how you answer them.
More of a tool to help clinicians asses and teach their clients, more than anything.

It depends on the test. Like when I took an ADHD test, I couldn't ask others for answers. If it were a group exercise where people took turns, then I guess that would be different.

It depends on the context.

VoidCat

Someone told that itd depend on the secret...I am thinking depending on the situation I might not be upset...like if I was suicidal and told someone I wouldn't get too mad at them they should tell someone and hopefully Id see that.

VoidCat

It depends on the test. Like when I took an ADHD test, I couldn't ask others for answers. If it were a group exercise where people took turns, then I guess that would be different.

It was just between me and the staff member. You could ask the staff for help should you need it.also I am asking what you'd do regarding the situation they asked about. Not what you'd do during the exercise

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Its been said a few times but hey, ho, here's my view

Let it go and take it as a lesson learned, that lesson is, the person you told in confidence cannot be trusted to keep a confidence so no more confidences in that direction.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
It was just between me and the staff member. You could ask the staff for help should you need it.also I am asking what you'd do regarding the situation they asked about. Not what you'd do during the test.

Thanks. Just wondering. I used to go to rehab places where they had test similar. Mostly group format or therapy.

If you're suicidal and someone told, it's more if an ethical and legal thing rather than (if so the case) breaking a secret. Most cases of that scenario it's for your well being. Personal experience.

In a general sense I guess it depends on your relationship with that person. You can tell them your grievances and how you feel about it. I've never been in that situation that Id remember.

VoidCat

Thanks. Just wondering. I used to go to rehab places where they had test similar. Mostly group format or therapy.

If you're suicidal and someone told, it's more if an ethical and legal thing rather than (if so the case) breaking a secret. Most cases of that scenario it's for your well being. Personal experience.

In a general sense I guess it depends on your relationship with that person. You can tell them your grievances and how you feel about it. I've never been in that situation that Id remember.
I am not it was just an example.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

The tests he's doing have no right or wrong way to answer them.
Honesty is the best policy for answering any and all such worksheets and psychiatric testing.

VoidCat

The tests he's doing have no right or wrong way to answer them.
Honesty is the best policy for answering any and all such worksheets and psychiatric testing.
They're doing...I should put my pronouns under my name...thanks for reminding me that Ive been meaning to do that.