• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would you choose?

Lintu

You're considering three places in the country to live. Unfortunately, each only offers two of the three things that are important to you, which are:

Proximity to family (you like your family)
Availability of jobs (two of these places are meccas for your particular field; in the other place, it would be more difficult)
Affordability. You want to live on one income to achieve other goals in your life.

What do you pick?

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Availability of jobs (two of these places are meccas for your particular field; in the other place, it would be more difficult)
Affordability. You want to live on one income to achieve other goals in your life.

I choose those two. That way you can afford to see your family. ;)

sparc872

Those are all very important, which makes that extremely difficult. I am going to have to say the last two though, because how are you supposed to support a family without a job, and how will you afford to see your family if both parents have to work to maintain regualr payments on the house, etc. I feel it is very important to do whay you love to do in life, so picking a job where you know you will enjoy it, are well trained in it, and have people around you that are like minded will lead to an overall enjoyable life. Better for you to be happy and make a better family member than grumpy all the time about your job status and having that showing to your loved ones everyday.

Lintu

I get upset sometimes that I can't have all three, but I guess that's just life, huh? I bet it'll work out someday.

SoyLeche

meh...
Lintu said:
You're considering three places in the country to live. Unfortunately, each only offers two of the three things that are important to you, which are:

What do you pick?
Apparently I have chosen 2 and 3 - although 2 was really the reason. I can't say that I chose 1 because I am now 2500 miles from my family - and practically all I can think of some days is how I want to go back.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger

I've found 2 and 3 to be my choice as well. Though I have a somebody that I want to start a family with that lives close to my own #1. I am just now considering it......

It really boils down to #3. Can you afford to live and raise YOUR family with what you do and where you are. #1 and #2 are just secondary to survival. Plus you should factor in crime rates, public schools, etc....

Purple Thyme

Right now we are choosing 1 and 2 but are seriously considering 2 and 3 as Massachusetts is just too expensive to live in not to mention the fast pace that is the norm around here.:confused:

evearael

This is the choice we made. My husband joined the military and I stay home with our daughter. It would have been impossible for my husband to pursue his education and for me to stay home had we stayed in Richmond. It was sad leaving, but it was time. Besides, my husband and I both have wanderlust and this certainly takes care of that.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Lintu said:

What do you pick?

Availability of jobs or Affordability.

That's not why I would choose where we are leaving though. My husband and I are both from Washington, but that's not why we want to go back, we love the environment, the greenery and the rain.

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
Availability of jobs and affordability, though I'd try for all three if possible because proximity to family is also important to me.

Booko

Deviled Hen
GeneCosta said:

That's exactly what we've done. I just got back from a month with the family. Isn't 1/12th of the year enough? :)

Booko

Deviled Hen
Christiangirl0909 said:
Proximity to family. I couldn't live without visiting my family a couple times a week.

Sometimes living far from the family is a good thing. 750 miles provides nice insulation from alcoholism and interfering in-laws...

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Heck, I live in relatively close proximity to most of my family now, and, much as I love them, I rarely see them in person. My mum is an hour away and my older sister is 3 hours away. So, since I've already proven that I can go for long stretches without seeing them (hey, that's what the internet is for - I can talk to them daily if I wish), I would choose 2 and 3.