• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would the world look like if religions became friends?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I'm not getting the difference between both world peaces. If the majority believes in god and god needs to be involved, then wouldn't it just be one world peace?

Yes but it could happen in stages the beginning being just an end to war and over time a world culture with a world civilization resulting in true world brotherhood.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Where did you get "People too?" out of my statement about religions??!!

A bit overly combative, don't you think?

People follow religions. Dharma, whatever. You take away religion, you affect followers. Their sense of self is defined by their Practice, scripture, so have you.

Without people, no religion. They're interconnected

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
People follow religions. Dharma, whatever. You take away religion, you affect followers. Their sense of self is defined by their Practice, scripture, so have you.

I think perhaps this could be achieved as it is happening in many countries, where the children of the believers are the ones changing things, by not accepting things passed down to them, but at present we have the issue of allowing such teaching to children. Which is why it might take longer than necessary - if such ever happens, which I doubt is the case.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I find it funny how ALL these man made mythologies have some built in exclusiveness to them, that ONLY THEIR mythologies are the "right" one, from "god", and so all others are "false".

It is an established fact that in the scriptures of all the major religions is expected a Promised One to appear at the time of the end of the age. So if that One does appear He is only fulfilling a promise made to the followers. It’s not exclusiveness just the fulfilment of a promise made.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe

So are you saying that people without religious beliefs don't exist?

How is that possible in your mind?

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
It is an established fact that in the scriptures of all the major religions is expected a Promised One to appear at the time of the end of the age. So if that One does appear He is only fulfilling a promise made to the followers. It’s not exclusiveness just the fulfilment of a promise made.

Sure your reply is:

"It’s because we believe, and Baha’u’llah has claimed to be the Promised One foretold in the Holy Books of all these religions."

That's absolute exclusiveness right there!

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
But you drag Zoroaster, Moses, Jesus, Mohammad, Krishna, Buddha, all in it. That is the reason why there are comments.
Yes Baha'is drag all the main prophet/incarnations/founders of a religion into it... and leave off any minor religious movements and their prophet/founders.

It’s because we believe, and Baha’u’llah has claimed to be the Promised One foretold in the Holy Books of all these religions.
It's not a clear path to Baha'u'llah. The "promises" and prophecies can be used and misused too easily. And funny, how things in the other religions that Baha'is don't like or agree with are not in the "original" teachings, but these promises and prophecies are all true and accurate and haven't been messed with by the followers of the various religions?

Then there’s Buddha. We believe that Buddha taught the oneness of God but that His teachings have been lost. Today’s Buddhists strongly oppose that Buddha ever taught about God.

Then we believe in Krishna but believe the concept of reincarnation is a misinterpretation of the Gita and untrue so that pits some Hindus strongly against our stance.
And there you go, the very teachings that would help connect Buddhism to the Baha'i Faith have disappeared. But, prophecies about a return are still there? And the "misinterpretation" of the sayings of Krishna is the sole source for the belief in reincarnation?

I find it funny how ALL these man made mythologies have some built in exclusiveness to them, that ONLY THEIR mythologies are the "right" one, from "god", and so all others are "false".
I don't understand why Baha'is don't like using the word "mythology"? They don't believe the stories are historical and/or literal. But the myths and making their religion exclusive, kept people from wandering into believing in "false" Gods.

But hold on a minute all you Baha'is out there. False Gods? False religions? Baha'is really kind of avoid talking about them too. In those olden days there were religions the "real" God didn't want his people getting involved with or influenced by. So it's God's fault for making his religions exclusive.

An "established" fact? And we know that the words we have from all the Holy Books of the different religions are accurate? Baha'is have told me "no" with the Bible. What about the other Holy Books. All the Hindu Scriptures are accurate? Do Baha'is even believe in all the Hindu Scriptures?

But let's say they are true and accurate and tell of a return. What do those various Holy Books say about who will return and when? Just between Baha'is and the Christian New Testament there is a lot of controversy. Then throw in all the other religions? But wait a second... this thread was supposed to be about being friends with people in all religions. I don't know, but things don't sound all too friendly. I hope you and me are still good.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yes Baha'is drag all the main prophet/incarnations/founders of a religion into it... and leave off any minor religious movements and their prophet/founders.
True. Guru Nanak of the Sikhs or Mahavira of the Jains were not manifestations. Any seller of merchandise will go to the place where there are lots of people. Perhaps they can make fool of some of them.

Last edited: