• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would Jesus do, a question for Republican's

Faithofchristian

He was fighting the hypocrites in the temple selling stuff in the name of religion to make themselves richer, sounds a lot like many Republicans today!!

Are you freaking kidding me, it was Obama for 8 years that gave to the Illegal immigrants and the Muslims, all the while the true American people, African Americans were in Proverty.

It was the Democratic party back in 1863 that fought to keep to Slavery during the Civil war between the States and the KKK joined in to help the democratic party to keep Slavery and to help spread slavery into all the other States.

It was in 1923 that the KKK joined the DNC.
To help fight to blacks in Proverty.

It was Republican President Abraham Lincoln who freed the blacks from Slavery.

Then after President Abraham Lincoln got assassinated, Then another Republican President in 1869 gave the Blacks the right to vote.

All the democratic party ever done for the African Americans is take their votes and give them the shaft.

For your information, I answered the thread.
Because the thread ask, What would Jesus do, A question for Republicans.

So I answered,

No, your post that I responded to was some barely coherent statement that Democrats are evil because they don't share your religious worldviews. Democrats were not mentioned in the OP at all. So talking about why you think Democrats are evil has nothing to do with this thread. If you want to discuss/debate why Democrats are evil, start a new thread with that topic, thanks.

Only none of that is true. Pubs are all about voluntary charity. What they don't like is having the state shake money out of their pockets at gunpoint to fuel social welfare programs that incentivize unemployment and flatly don't actually help anyone.

I don't think that argument will stand up against scrutiny. If that's the case they would never support using tax money to aid other countries, yet they do. How much tax money goes to Israel again every year? Secondly, if they are willing to try passing legislature to ban abortion because they claim they view life as sacred why do they not pass legislature ensuring all life is protected? Are only the lives of unborn babies important? No matter the angle you view it from they come off as hypocrites.

Faithofchristian

He was fighting the hypocrites in the temple selling stuff in the name of religion to make themselves richer, sounds a lot like many Republicans today!!

Let's see, Democrates were in power for 8 yrs, and Obama gave 4 million dollars to Iran. Then Obama gave money to Illegal immigrants, and gave money to Muslims.

All the while African Americans were in Proverty.
Democrates yell gun control, all the while Supports the killing of innocent baby's.

Hillary, herself said she wanted to rise the taxes on the rich. But it's those very rich that puts money into her clinton foundation.

for her to rise taxes on the rich that would for her cutting off the hand that feeds her clinton foundation.

Obama wanted gun control,all the while letting Criminals out of prison, that were there for arm robbery.

What's up with all that. Go Figure

Super Universe

Defender of God
Are you missing something here.

If I remember correctly, Jesus took a whip and went into the temple and over turned tables and chase the people out of the temple, for selling animals.

But according to you Jesus always went about preaching forgiveness, .

But yet Jesus took a whip to people and over turned tables and chase people out of the temple, it's doesn't sound like forgiveness there, now does it.

Maybe you can explain this.

Jesus overturned the moneylender tables? He did, once. He lost His temper, not exactly something a Son of God should do but Jesus was also a human so He had human emotions that got the better of Him at that moment. He did not get angry because they were selling animals. He got angry because they were giving loans and charging interest on temple property.

According to me Jesus always went about preaching forgiveness? No, sometimes He talked about His Father, sometimes He talked about heaven, sometimes He told parables that you struggle to understand, and sometimes He issued warnings to Lucifer who was rebelling.

Faithofchristian

Jesus overturned the moneylender tables? He did, once. He lost His temper, not exactly something a Son of God should do but Jesus was also a human so He had human emotions that got the better of Him at that moment. He did not get angry because they were selling animals. He got angry because they were giving loans and charging interest on temple property.

According to me Jesus always went about preaching forgiveness? No, sometimes He talked about His Father, sometimes He talked about heaven, sometimes He told parables that you struggle to understand, and sometimes He issued warnings to Lucifer who was rebelling.

You seem to think because Jesus is the Son of God, he shouldn't get mad.

Maybe you can explain in the book of Revelation, When Jesus returns with a sword and fire in his eyes and with the wrath of God, this being really, really Angry.

That doesn't sound like your saying Jesus is just all forgiving.
It's sounds more like Jesus is really, really,really upset, mad, angry. To have a sword and fire in his eyes and coming with the wrath of God.

That doesn't sound like the Jesus your referring to. Doesn't sound like Jesus is all that happy

Last edited:

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Secondly, where is someone in Detroit going to go to fish so he can feed his family, also, what if he can't afford a fishing permit if he can find somewhere to fish?

It means to teach people how to stand on their own 2 feet vs begging for everything. Do you take everything so literally?
:facepalm:

That's not the point of the OP. The point of the OP is about people who CLAIM to be Christian yet spit on the poor every chance they get

Yeah some people do that. /shrug

So what are the Republicans kick *** plans to help people get on their feet and support themselves?

I wouldn't know. I am not a republican.

Where is the freedom for people who cannot afford healthcare? They have the freedom to die because they cannot afford treatment and medication? So the freedom you want the poor to have is the choice between no healthcare and no healthcare? I'm sure Jesus would be down with that.

They have the freedom to pull themselves out of poverty. Some can, some can't with a little help most can.

I have to call BS here. You only get charged for not having insurance. If you have insurance regardless of how/where you got it, you can't be charged the penalty for not having insurance. So, you either don't know what you're talking about or are being purposely dishonest. Which is it?

Well then you lost your bet. Turns out it was an error, and I got my money back, but then again this is why I don't want the govt managing my healthcare.

Is that a quote from Jesus? Keep that gem in mind if you ever fall on hard times and someone throws it back in your face.

Nope, it's just the American way.

"Obamacare" is a Republican plan that is a giveaway to the insurance companies. Obama is a sell out just like the Republicans are. All the ACA did was force people to get insurance or get penalized. It didn't enforce any price controls, didn't foster free market and competition. The ACA is a joke and a desperate distraction by Republicans and Democrats (because they're both corporate sell outs) trying to kill talk and action towards universal healthcare. That's the reality. We need a third party that actually cares about the American people as a whole instead of caring about just the 1%

There is one, but we don't believe in big govt telling us what to do. We believe in Liberty!

Super Universe

Defender of God
You seem to think because Jesus is the Son of God, he shouldn't get mad.

Maybe you can explain in the book of Revelation, When Jesus returns with a sword and fire in his eyes and with the wrath of God, this being really, really Angry.

That doesn't sound like your saying Jesus is just all forgiving.
It's sounds more like Jesus is really, really,really upset, mad, angry. To have a sword and fire in his eyes and coming with the wrath of God.

That doesn't sound like the Jesus your referring to. Doesn't sound like Jesus is all that happy

I seem to think that because Jesus is the Son of God that He shouldn't get mad? He shouldn't. He also should not have turned water into wine. I could explain to you what really happened but you would not be able to accept it. God does not get angry. God did not send plagues or storms or shake the ground or send a flood. Those things happened and the ignorant humans blamed them on God because they knew nothing about tiny germs that you can't see with your eyes or plate tectonics.

Can I explain the Book of Revelations? I can explain some of it. If you can post specific questions I will address them. Here's the thing about Revelations, it's not the word of God, no book of the bible is. Revelations is a vision/dream/nightmare that John the Baptist had while he was sitting in jail just before he lost his head. A follower of John visited him in jail and wrote it all down. John saw universal meetings with beings from all over the universe. He saw angelic gatherings. He saw some of the trial of Lucifer. He was a primitive human and had no real understanding of how the universe works so much of it is very confused.

Can I explain when Jesus returns with a sword and fire in his eyes and coming with the wrath of God? Jesus came to the earth to experience being human so He could then properly judge humans. Then Jesus died and ascended and only then was the gateway to heaven opened. Before Jesus did all that everyone who died on the earth went into a sleep, they were the sleeping survivors that were resurrected and allowed to begin their ascendance to heaven.

The idea of Jesus using a sword is John's mind's attempt to explain what happened when Jesus ascended and ended the Lucifer Rebellion. Jesus does not need a sword. I could go more into detail but it would be very long.

Also, there is no such thing as the wrath of God. God does not get angry. He does not punish. Angels are punished by other very high level angels. God does not interfere.

Jesus has a job to do. His job is not to give you what you want if you just pray hard enough. His job is to determine which beings get to heaven and be the master of angels and ruler of the universe.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
John was exiled on a deserted Greek island called Patmos when he wrote Revelations, not in jail, One of the few edible plants on the island are hallucinogenic mushrooms, that explains a lot to me, he wasn't beheaded, that was John the Baptist, I think he was crucified upside down.

Faithofchristian

John was exiled on a deserted Greek island called Patmos when he wrote Revelations, not in jail, One of the few edible plants on the island are hallucinogenic mushrooms, that explains a lot to me, he wasn't beheaded, that was John the Baptist, I think he was crucified upside down.

So how do you know this to be fact, that there were hallucinogenic mushrooms on that island?

And do you or anyone else know for a fact if there were hallucinogenic mushrooms on that island that John even touch them.

All you have is someone making up things, to try and disprove what John had written.
Which holds all your doing is going by hear say, which holds nothing unless someone was actually there to witness it.

So my question would be where's your proof and witness to the fact? That John did as you say.
All you got so far is just accusation without any proof or facts.

Lyndon

Premium Member
Its been established that magic mushrooms grow on the Island today, if they still did 2000 years ago is unknown.

Faithofchristian

So do you completely ignore the Social Justice message of Jesus, and would rather the poor suffer and die in poverty with no health care, that's what the message of the right wing is today, the most un Christian values party in history.. Republicans today, especially the Tea party, are no more Christian that the Stalinists in the USSR, I suggest you focus your thoughts on how Jesus treated the poor, disabled and sick and contrast that with the Republican party, which cares way more about unborn infants than living people.

Maybe you also should look at the democrates for 8 yrs holding power and did nothing for the working class people.

The working class Union's are more in Desiree now more than ever, because democrates did nothing to even try to give back some negotiating power back to the working class Union's.

And what about Hillary wanting to closed down the working class coal miners, if she got elected, which the democrates still support to close down the working class coal miners.

But all you say is, democrates are for the working class, Yeah sure it looks that way, since the democrates agenda is put the working class people out of work.

Faithofchristian

Its been established that magic mushrooms grow on the Island today, if they still did 2000 years ago is unknown.

All you got it's been established, But you still haven't given any fact to back that up.

All you got is hear say and that's all it is.

Let's for say those mushrooms were there, Have you any solid proof that John even touch them.
Without any solid proof, you have nothing.
Try taking that to court and prove without any solid evidence to support your claim.
That John did as you claim.

So all you have is hear say, which will not stand up in a court.

Let's for say, that someone excuses you on something and someone else repeats what they hear and goes about accusing you only base on what they hear.
My guess would be that you would come all on glued and it's all base on a hear say.
Without any solid evidence that you said anything or done anything of what your being accused of.

Last edited:

Lyndon

Premium Member
Maybe you also should look at the democrates for 8 yrs holding power and did nothing for the working class people.

The working class Union's are more in Desiree now more than ever, because democrates did nothing to even try to give back some negotiating power back to the working class Union's.

And what about Hillary wanting to closed down the working class coal miners, if she got elected, which the democrates still support to close down the working class coal miners.

But all you say is, democrates are for the working class, Yeah sure it looks that way, since the democrates agenda is put the working class people out of work.

Democrats no longer do a good job of helping the poor and that started with Bill CLinton, and probably wouldn't have got any better with Hillary, but its still far and above better than what the Republicans intend to do or have done already, and focusing on a terrible polluting industry that is destroying our environemnt is not a very good example of bad policy, unless you're a Trumpaholic, in which case you don't care what happens to America.

Faithofchristian

You know ever since I was very young I've heard these things, only because people like yourself have no understanding what the book of Revelation is about.

You can't put nothing together in the book of Revelation to make any since of it yourself and others, so people come up with this story to try and disprove what John had written in the book of Revelation.

You know all you have is a hear say, without any solid evidence to support your claim if John touch them,.

So again where's your proof, to show evidence that John did in fact touch them.

You have no proof, without any proof of evidence, you have no case.

Faithofchristian

Democrats no longer do a good job of helping the poor and that started with Bill CLinton, and probably wouldn't have got any better with Hillary, but its still far and above better than what the Republicans intend to do or have done already, and focusing on a terrible polluting industry that is destroying our environemnt is not a very good example of bad policy, unless you're a Trumpaholic, in which case you don't care what happens to America.

All your basing anything on is the Fake News Media.
It's been proven over and over again, that those Mainstream News Media all they give out is dishonest corrupted Fake News.

And you believe it, now thats amazing in it's self how people have no common sense than to realize your being lied to.

You say, climate change that to have been proven false, Just so Al Gore and the democratic party having a way to get money in their pockets and your one of them that falls for this.

Look back at Jennifer Warren and Hillary getting money off their Supporters, now after they got million of dollars and did nothing as to what they said that they were going to do.

So what ever happened to that money, it was all scan to get money off their Supporters.
And people like yourself still fall the democrates scan games.

Look at bill clinton himself got impeach. Look at Bernie Sanders and his wife up for embezzlement fraud of their bank.

Look at all those statues that people were destroying, All the while Nancy Pelosi father supported those statues and some of them put up in the south.