• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would Jesus do, a question for Republican's

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Half the households in America have an income of 30k or less. 70% of American's can't afford an unexpected bill of $700 without going bankrupt. The corrupt crony "capitalism" we have in America is going to implode if things don't change. The top 1% percent will be fine of course, they'll just leave the country.

Citation needed. Show your source.

ROFL Jesus taught that if someone slapped you that you should turn your other cheek to them, not strike back. Jesus taught that if someone demanded you give them your shirt that you give them your cloak as well. Jesus taught that you should submit to your rulers, whoever they are. Have you even read the bible?

Nope, that's just what hippies want Christ to be.

What Christ wanted was non-violence. Not pacifism, which are 2 distinctly different things. Non-violent means to avoid violence unless you absolutely have to. Pacifism is letting people walk all over you and no self defense at all.

No, because I read intelligently.

It says, "Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever."

Obviously it is to the best of their ability. A person who is laid off is different than, say, an indolent person or someone who skips paying alimony or custody. Just as common sense people would treat the two groups differently...

Even a cursory read of the rest of the book or, say, Proverbs, would show you the parsing between lazy and hardworking people.

AND the Old and New Testament judges were to judge not only per God's Law but righteously, equitably. The very fact that American justice is depicted as blind has to do with not showing justice inequity toward the rich (or the poor)!

My position was that the Jesus depicted in the bible would be for medicare for all, so how does a bible verse about dead beat dad's fit into this discussion again?

Citation needed. Show your source.

Majority of Americans don't have $500 in savings
Nearly half of Americans have no savings: Survey
1 In 2 Working Americans Make Less Than $30,000 A Year
51% of Working Americans Make Less than $30K a Year - Tea Party News
Goodbye Middle Class: 51 Percent Of All American Workers Make Less Than 30,000 Dollars A Year

What Christ wanted was non-violence. Not pacifism, which are 2 distinctly different things. Non-violent means to avoid violence unless you absolutely have to. Pacifism is letting people walk all over you and no self defense at all.

Jesus preached pacifism. Sad day for you. Otherwise site the verses in the bible where Jesus told people to arm themselves to overthrow their governments if they wanted to.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

I am a Christian I know what Jesus stood for and I am telling you that you are wrong. You cite where Jesus preached pacifism.

Turning the other cheek is not pacifism. That is about controlling your anger.

Giving the shirt off your back if someone ask is not pacifism. That is kindness. You mistake Christs kindness as weakness/pacifism.

Mathew 7:6

6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

I will NOT STOP These United States were founded on Christian beliefs.

How is establishing a secular government by plainly putting in the beginning of the constitution that people will have freedom FROM religion a Christian belief? The 2nd amendment says people should be able to own weapons in case they need to overthrow the government, whereas Jesus said to be subservient to your rulers. So Christian beliefs are not reflected in the second amendment either. You have twisted history and your own religion to fit your desires/preferences. Those of us who are not ignorant will not indulge your clumsy attempts to rewrite history or the meaning of Jesus's teachings.

Faithofchristian

How is establishing a secular government by plainly putting in the beginning of the constitution that people will have freedom FROM religion a Christian belief? The 2nd amendment says people should be able to own weapons in case they need to overthrow the government, whereas Jesus said to be subservient to your rulers. So Christian beliefs are not reflected in the second amendment either. You have twisted history and your own religion to fit your desires/preferences. Those of us who are not ignorant will not indulge your clumsy attempts to rewrite history or the meaning of Jesus's teachings.

Are you freaking kidding me,
As to where do you get Freedom ( From ) Religion.

Maybe you need to go and Read the Constitution again.
The Constitution Reads, Freedom (of) Religion.
No wonder people like you are way out in Left field, You can't even Read the Constitution Right.

Freedom of Religion, Means that the Government can not establish no law that will in Fringe on People's rights of Religion.

Thats where your wrong again, Jesus never said that.
That was Peter that said-- Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for Lord's sake, whether it be to the king, as supreme,
Or unto governor's, as unto them that are sent by the Lord for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well" 1st Peter 2:13-14.

Therefore as long as the Government does what is right with Christ Jesus, then we are to submit, but if a Government does not do according to Christ Jesus, then Christians do not have to submit.

As I am Christian, if a person comes at me to do harm, I will pick up a big stick and knock them right up side their freaking head.

Don't tread on me and I won't tread on you.
If a person comes at me, I will push right back and that is a guarantee.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Then why bother discussing anything? This word doesn't mean that...that word doesn't mean this...what's the point of even talking about your concepts if words mean nothing?

I believe we can discuss what the words mean but if you tell me black means white, I am going to have a problem with that.

What was it about my paraphrase (obviously not a direct quote) that you thought wasn't correct?

What did Jesus not say. He didn't command anyone to go help the poor. He didn't tell anyone they were a sinner for not helping the poor however there are other passages that might indicate that but even then there was not an injunction to make the poor wealthy.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Correct, freedom FROM religion. Which was the purpose of the FIRST amendment. Please stop with the America was meant to be a Christian Theocracy nonsense.

I believe that is not expressly stated but many have interpreted it that way. I believe it works both ways. The government cant force a person to practice a religion and the government can't stop a person from practicing his religion.

I believe that is not expressly stated but many have interpreted it that way. I believe it works both ways. The government cant force a person to practice a religion and the government can't stop a person from practicing his religion.

Separation of church and state. Which is why I get annoyed with people who proclaim that America as a nation should embrace THEIR version of Christianity, and there are many versions of Christianity.

The founding fathers didn't want a religious group to take over or interfere with government like had happened in Europe. If the values of the majority reflect a certain belief it shouldn't matter anyway. Which brings us back to the OP. Many Republicans proclaim to be Christian but say that the poor shouldn't be given ANYTHING. That doesn't jive with what Jesus taught. Jesus taught that those that coveted wealth and didn't share it with others would go to hell. So many Republicans either don't understand what Jesus taught or want praise for being Christian without actually being Christ-like.

All Demon-crates fore sure do not have Jesus in their lives.

Demon--crates Support's everything that God stands against.

Once again, the thread is about Republicans claiming to be Christians but saying and doing things that are not Christ-like. Start a different thread if you want to discuss how Democrats are evil.

Faithofchristian

Once again, the thread is about Republicans claiming to be Christians but saying and doing things that are not Christ-like. Start a different thread if you want to discuss how Democrats are evil.

Yes that is right, the thread is about Republicans, therefore as I am Republican I can speak in defending.
Republicans platform is more in line with Christ Jesus, than democrates are.

Democrates platform Support's everything that God stands against.

Now as a Republican, The Thread does ask, "What would Jesus do, A question for Republicans.
Therefore I answered, Christ Jesus would be more accepting to the Republicans platform, Than to the Democrates platform, seeing that Democrates supports everything that Christ Jesus stands against.

When was the last time or the first time have you ever seen democrates bowing in prayer to God or Morally inclined to God.

We find Republicans supporting those things that be of God.

All the while democrates stand against those things that be of God.

Last edited:

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
More than 50% of Democrats are Christian, believe it or not.