• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would it mean to your religious beliefs if evolution were true?

If I were convinced that humans evolved from previous animals...

• ...it would have no impact on my religious views

Votes: 37 90.2%
  • ...it would have a slight impact on my religious views

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ...I would have to completely reassess my religious views

• ...I would have to abandon my religious views

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • ...I could no longer believe in my god(s)

• ...I could not believe in any god.

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
the church is on its last legs ....good riddance
Projections show that by 2050, Christians will still outnumber Muslims by nearly quarter of a billion people.
Unfortunately the increase in both is mostly due to high birth rates in less developed countries and lower income/education groups - which doesn't bode well for dealing with humanity's difficult future.

But good to see you have finally given up on your weird obsession with attacking Christianity rather than defending Islam, and have started actually addressing my points and questions. :rolleyes:

stanberger

Projections show that by 2050, Christians will still outnumber Muslims by nearly quarter of a billion people.
Unfortunately the increase in both is mostly due to high birth rates in less developed countries and lower income/education groups - which doesn't bode well for dealing with humanity's difficult future.

But good to see you have finally given up on your weird obsession with attacking Christianity rather than defending Islam, and have started actually addressing my points and questions. :rolleyes:
in terms of actually christians vs muslims who actually follow their faith. islam is already number one. ...plus if we only count those true followers of monotheism that Jesus taught [unitareans] which are about 11 million followers. islam dwarfs christianity ...there is no question heaven will be full of muslims about 1.5 billion per generation followed by 10 million Unitarians and maybe 12 million jewish folks since most of the others are secular atheists

KWED

in terms of actually christians vs muslims who actually follow their faith. islam is already number one. ...plus if we only count those true followers of monotheism that Jesus taught [unitareans] which are about 11 million followers. islam dwarfs christianity ...there is no question heaven will be full of muslims about 1.5 billion per generation followed by 10 million Unitarians and maybe 12 million jewish folks since most of the others are secular atheists
The reality is that with both, most people are simply going through the motions. It's little more than a cultural label for may. I have several Muslim friends who have girlfriends and sometimes drink alcohol. They may not be following Islam to the letter but they certainly think of themselves as Muslims, believe in Allah, pray, fast, etc.
Even in Saudi Arabia, which is supposed to be 100% Muslim, there are 6% confirmed atheists and another 19% who are "not religious". Your 1.5 billion is considerably less in reality.
And it isn't "1.5 billion per generation"! lol. There are about 1.5 billion in total. Most families have three generations alive, some have four or even more.

Also remember that Christians will all get into Christian heaven if they accept Jesus as their saviour. They probably wouldn't want to go to Muslim heaven. It does sound pretty weird there, after all.

stanberger

The reality is that with both, most people are simply going through the motions. It's little more than a cultural label for may. I have several Muslim friends who have girlfriends and sometimes drink alcohol. They may not be following Islam to the letter but they certainly think of themselves as Muslims, believe in Allah, pray, fast, etc.
Even in Saudi Arabia, which is supposed to be 100% Muslim, there are 6% confirmed atheists and another 19% who are "not religious". Your 1.5 billion is considerably less in reality.
And it isn't "1.5 billion per generation"! lol. There are about 1.5 billion in total. Most families have three generations alive, some have four or even more.

Also remember that Christians will all get into Christian heaven if they accept Jesus as their saviour. They probably wouldn't want to go to Muslim heaven. It does sound pretty weird there, after all.

again with the false equivalency ...the maturity of christians have turned away from word of god. premarital sex the norm. gay marriage laws supported in all christian/westen nations 55 million abortions in u s alone ....these things are supported by few in the muslim worldwide community. the muslims are the only folks still staying close to word of god in regards to these things ps christian heaven ' holding up the throne of Jesus while singing hymns. ' gets boring after 5 minutes never mind for eternity ....essa says we will have homes in heaven. also spouses food. 'things the eyes have never seen ' sounds much better than false christian heaven

KWED

again with the false equivalency ...the maturity of christians have turned away from word of god. premarital sex the norm. gay marriage laws supported in all christian/westen nations 55 million abortions in u s alone ....these things are supported by few in the muslim worldwide community. the muslims are the only folks still staying close to word of god in regards to these things ps christian heaven ' holding up the throne of Jesus while singing hymns. ' gets boring after 5 minutes never mind for eternity ....essa says we will have homes in heaven. also spouses food. 'things the eyes have never seen ' sounds much better than false christian heaven
That's the advantage Christianity has over Islam. The Christian god can change his mind and change the rules whenever he wants. Allah is stuck with what he came up with 1400 years ago.

KWED

ps christian heaven ' holding up the throne of Jesus while singing hymns. ' gets boring after 5 minutes never mind for eternity
Again with the bizarre caricature of Christianity. You have obviously never read the Bible as well as the Quran.

....essa says we will have homes in heaven. also spouses food. 'things the eyes have never seen ' sounds much better than false christian heaven
TBH, the 90 ft tall sex drones with transparent skin sound pretty tempting. That is some far-out ****!

stanberger

That's the advantage Christianity has over Islam. The Christian god can change his mind and change the rules whenever he wants. Allah is stuck with what he came up with 1400 years ago.
so god changed his mind on gay marriage. killing of babies and premarital sex ? ok sure mate whatever helps you sleep at nite. you and those like you are in for a rude awakening on judgement day. Jesus will tell you guys ; get ye away from me I knew ye not '

stanberger

Again with the bizarre caricature of Christianity. You have obviously never read the Bible as well as the Quran.

TBH, the 90 ft tall sex drones with transparent skin sound pretty tempting. That is some far-out ****!
not in quran. only says we will have spouses in heaven. the church took umbrage with this verse in quran... as they hate women and prefer altar boys instead

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
And you're bragging about that?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
most definitely you can keep your wokism
If "wokism" means treating people equally, with respect and dignity, and letting people live their own lives as they see fit as long as they aren't hurting anyone, then I'll take that as a compliment. Oh, and not imposing religious views upon people who don't hold them.
Thanks!

stanberger

If "wokism" means treating people equally, with respect and dignity, and letting people live their own lives as they see fit as long as they aren't hurting anyone, then I'll take that as a compliment. Oh, and not imposing religious views upon people who don't hold them.
Thanks!
thats the opposite of respect and dignity. allowing your children to be sexualized at the age of 5 ...will not end well ask the boy scouts

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
thats the opposite of respect and dignity. allowing your children to be sexualized at the age of 5 ...will not end well ask the boy scouts
Really? You think treating people equally, with dignity and respect and not imposing our religious views onto others is the OPPOSITE of respect and dignity? Please elaborate on that, I'm very interested in hearing why you believe that, because it doesn't make much sense to me.

And who said anything about sexualizing children? What you said was:

"the maturity of christians have turned away from word of god. premarital sex the norm. gay marriage laws supported in all christian/westen nations 55 million abortions in u s alone ....these things are supported by few in the muslim worldwide community. the muslims are the only folks still staying close to word of god in regards to these things ps christian heaven ' holding up the throne of Jesus while singing hymns. ' gets boring after 5 minutes never mind for eternity ....essa says we will have homes in heaven. also spouses food. 'things the eyes have never seen ' sounds much better than false christian heaven"

Where does it say anything in there about sexualizing children? Where did I say anything about sexualizing children? Do tell.

What I was referring to was your opposition to gay marriage, premarital sex and medical freedom for women. Things I believe should be up to the individual, without others imposing their religious views upon them, that the person may not hold.

stanberger

Really? You think treating people equally, with dignity and respect and not imposing our religious views onto others is the OPPOSITE of respect and dignity? Please elaborate on that, I'm very interested in hearing why you believe that, because it doesn't make much sense to me.

And who said anything about sexualizing children? What you said was:

"the maturity of christians have turned away from word of god. premarital sex the norm. gay marriage laws supported in all christian/westen nations 55 million abortions in u s alone ....these things are supported by few in the muslim worldwide community. the muslims are the only folks still staying close to word of god in regards to these things ps christian heaven ' holding up the throne of Jesus while singing hymns. ' gets boring after 5 minutes never mind for eternity ....essa says we will have homes in heaven. also spouses food. 'things the eyes have never seen ' sounds much better than false christian heaven"

Where does it say anything in there about sexualizing children? Where did I say anything about sexualizing children? Do tell.

What I was referring to was your opposition to gay marriage, premarital sex and medical freedom for women. Things I believe should be up to the individual, without others imposing their religious views upon them, that the person may not hold.
you are part of the problem ...the moral decay in u s and west/christendom is unprecedented ....I wonder what the crusaders inquistuoners and conquistadors would say if they could see christendom/west today as the church collapses in on itself

stanberger

It's actually not.

It sounds like you would have been on their side.

None of this answers any of my questions, does it?
I agree its too late for the west now. they have removed god from society and opened pandoras box of immorality .....this only confirms my belief in the lord's final revelation [islam] and leaving church behind

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I agree its too late for the west now. they have removed god from society and opened pandoras box of immorality .....this only confirms my belief in the lord's final revelation [islam] and leaving church behind
Yeah, I didn't say that. You're not agreeing with me.

stanberger

Yeah, I didn't say that. You're not agreeing with me.
sometimes its hard to keep up with your changing views from what I can tell just by your posts. your Reform Judaism but against god's word in bible regarding homosexuality. abortion and transgedering etc. you kind of pick and choose what to believe from the Bible

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
sometimes its hard to keep up with your changing views from what I can tell just by your posts. your Reform Judaism but against god's word in bible regarding homosexuality. abortion and transgedering etc. you kind of pick and choose what to believe from the Bible
Try responding to what I actually said, that should help.

I'm an atheist.