• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would it feel like to be God?

Frank Goad

What would it feel like to be God?All powerful?All knowing?And literally everywhere?Has anybody else ever thought about this?:)

MatthewA

Jesus Christ says that God is spirit ~ John 4:24
Hebrews describes God is a consuming fire ~ Hebrews 12:29
1 John 4:7-21 - says that God is love.

~ Could you imagine having all of these attributes even "Consuming fire"?, Along with 'Love, Spirit'?

You might believe this you may not, it might be wrong.

However if it is true; to feel like God would be as if to know what it feels like to be spiritual if God is spirit, but that feeling would be 100% spiritual, but we only know the fleshly part of ourselves.

So it is impossible really to answer it; what would it feel like fully to be a completely spiritual being?

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
What would it feel like to be God?All powerful?All knowing?And literally everywhere?Has anybody else ever thought about this?:)
How are you feeling right now? How am I feeling right now? How are we all feeling right now? The mind of God, it would be so incomprehensible that it would have dimensions within itself totally unaware of its divine nature in totality. If God is the creator of existence then His mind would be existence. All of existence is what God's mind looks like.

What is it like to be God? That's exactly what reality is.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

To me, that's like saying a mystery is all knowing, all powerful, and is everywhere.

Now, I know mystery (what people call god) is everyone, if one likes. But people have different ways of looking at this mystery whether it be through practice, faith, so have you. But I don't quite know how a mystery can be all knowing and all powerful.

All knowing and all powerful are adjectives to describe someone. Who/what is this someone?

I wouldn't know what it would be like to be all powerful. I don't have the concept of the word. All knowing? That would be creepy. There are some things people told me years ago that it would have been in my best interest to not know. I like the Bruce Almighty post reference. That, and listening to all those prayers.

Everywhere? What do you mean by that?