• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would God need to do for you?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What would God need to do for you in order for you to love him above all things? For me, he would simply have to speak clear messages to people so that there isn't so much division and confusion. If God would simply give people understanding, I would have no resentment towards him.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What would God need to do for you in order for you to love him above all things? For me, he would simply have to speak clear messages to people so that there isn't so much division and confusion. If God would simply give people understanding, I would have no resentment towards him.

Yes, that would be an important first step. Since so many people try to set themselves up as God's personal representative and spokesperson, it would probably be best if God would come out of hiding and offer some clarity.

Mind you, I have no real resentment against "God" directly, since I've never met or talked to any such being, nor do I even know if such an entity even exists. The people who talk about God as if they actually know what God thinks and feels - they're the ones who are attempting to generate resentment towards God, but they're the ones who actually deserve the resentment.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
That would require having an actual God first.

For me God wouldn't need to do anything because he isn't there , except in people's imaginations and dreams.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
he would simply have to speak clear messages to people so that there isn't so much division and confusion
"God" does speak, it's the people who are either unable or unwilling to open their spiritual eyes and ears

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

If it is the god of my understanding (since I can't answer because I'm not familiar with the Christian god), I'd say it's what I do within god rather than god for me or me for god. I like my former signature that mention god being a verb and not a noun. Once it's a noun, you seperate god from yourself. If it's a verb, god isn't a seperate thing but moves through you.

I don't see a need to know and understand the mystery of life (god if so be). I'm curious as to what that entails, but we can live in that mystery by learning about ourselves and others. If I personified this mystery and black hole of life, it would probably say:

Be the miracle

I think you'd experience and know what god wants when you act. Instead of people's eyes being blind and people just don't know the truth, I agree with Hindus that each person worships god their own way. And in my words, it doesn't have to be called god nor christian to know what life wants you to do. Many people call it a passion.

There are many ways to ask and get answers to your OP. Especially when you see it beyond the Christian god. Make room for everyone.

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I agree that God speaks to me, but I cannot prove it. I also have difficulty discerning what is from God and what is delusion.

You need not prove this to anyone. It's enough if we know this for ourselves.

Discerning what is from God and what is delusion is just practice. I bumped my nose many times. I still do.

But like Vivekananda said "No problem to fall down 999 times if you get up 1000 times"

SpiritualisT

My opinion is, if people would have a realistic understanding and knowledge, they would not be christians anymore.
There is so much division in the world because globalists like those who lead EU have pushed multiculturalism on the White countries. Even they themselves aknowledged the target is to mix everything together until everything will be the same: same people with the same brain, same religion, same currency, one government etc. There is no "love of god" at all, christianity played it's role of keeping population ignorant and weak while is mixed up and controlled under total oblivion by those who have the power and fortunes to do this.

Interesting idea, Bible has this promise:

But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach; and it will be given to him.
James 1:5

When I was young I prayed God that He would give me wisdom and understanding, after I had read what Salomon asked. And nowadays I think the wisdom and truth is available, most people just don’t really want to know and understand, because they don’t like the truth and the message God has.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I take it you mean the Abrahamic god? That monotheistic one-god that is spoken of as a distant creator to varying degrees of abstraction and literalism?

There's nothing it could do to get me to love it above all things. That's just not how I operate; I'm not enough of a hierarchical thinker. It comes with being a polytheist. Don't ever ask me to pick a favorite singular something. I can't do it, and I won't do it. There are too many awe-inspiring things in the worlds for that. Plus, a central teaching of my path is the sacredness of all things, or to view all things as having equal intrinsic value. Loving one thing above all others is undesirable in my path, because it means one is failing to appreciate the virtues of something else.

That god would have to violate its own nature to appeal to me. It would have to drop the ego trip and accept I will not love it to the exclusion of other gods, nor will I love it more than other gods. If it cannot understand and accept this, it can take a hike. I'm not interested in joining the Abrahamic god's exclusive fanclub.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
He could erase my hard drive

so He won't have evidence against me