• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would falsify the theory of evolution?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
That's cool and good for you. You're probably very knowledgeable when it comes to subject matter that pertains to the degrees you hold.
But that doesn't make you an expert in subject matter that falls outside of your fields of study though, right?

I mean, I'm sorry to say, you don't seem to understand the theory of evolution very well.
And that's okay, I don't understand atomic theory all that well. So I don't claim any authority on the subject matter and if I started engaging in discussion about atomic theory, it would quickly become obvious that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Likewise, it's obvious you know almost nothing about religion, God or the Bible, where I'm an autodidact who understands your pathology, as well as evolution and its abject stubborn stupidity, with extraordinary acumen.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Good or you.

The questions for you, would be:

Are any of these degrees, in biology or in related fields in biology?

And since some of your posts were involving fossils, is any of your qualifications involved in paleontology or something related to that?

If no, then in what fields are your qualifications?

I know the Creator--and I know that you know almost nothing about religion or God, but feel qualified to spew your ideas at me. Please go away.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I know the Creator--and I know that you know almost nothing about religion or God, but feel qualified to spew your ideas at me. Please go away.
Clearly you must be very intelligent. As we all know, intelligent people respond to perfectly reasonable questions with insults and hostility.

Also, intelligent people constantly remind and assure people that they're intelligent. That's also a thing they do.

gnostic

The Lost One

I am not disputing your piety to your God or to Jesus or your religion.

And i thinK you are very well aware of my own qualifications (civil engineering, computer science), have nothing to do with biology.

I have never claimed to be science, although the courses do have some sciences relating to these fields (mainly physical, eg classical mechanics, electricity, electronics, electromagnetism especially where it concerns with networking, eg fibre optic, WiFi).

Because of the courses I have completed, I see myself more as engineer than a scientist.

I have no qualifications in biology, and I make no claims of being expert.

But yes, I have been reading about biology, especially with regarding to molecular biology and evolution, but still I don’t consider myself as a biologist.

I have other interests, like art and art history, and I did fair bit of drawings (technical drawings, drafting) during my civil engineering days, but I have never thought of myself as artist.

You were the one who brought up your 3 degrees, in your reply to @metis -

Rude and also uninformed. I have three college degrees.

- so I don’t see why you need to be so hostile when I asked you valid questions, are your qualifications related to fields in biology or not.

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Likewise, it's obvious you know almost nothing about religion, God or the Bible,
Well, I used to be a Christian and I've read the entire Bible, front to back. There really isn't much to know about God(s) since nobody can even demonstrate the existence of one in the first place.

This particular thread we are on is not about religion or the Bible. Rather, it's about what would falsify the theory of evolution. So even if I were completely ignorant of the Bible, it has nothing to do with anything in this discussion.

where I'm an autodidact who understands your pathology, as well as evolution and its abject stubborn stupidity, with extraordinary acumen.

So, do you have actual degrees, as you said, or are you just self-taught? And if you've taught yourself about the theory of evolution, well I'm sorry to tell you but you don't really know what you're talking about when you opine on the subject.
Every time you speak\type on evolution, it becomes quite clear that you don't really understand it very well. Perhaps that's because you taught yourself about it on creationist websites? That's what it sounds like to me and it's probably why you think it's so stupid. And why your arguments against it are so outdated and erroneous. Not sure I'd call that "extraordinary acumen" but you do you, boo.

Oh, you understand my pathology, do you? Are you claiming to be a doctor now, as well? Wow, is there anything you can't do? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Likewise, it's obvious you know almost nothing about religion, God or the Bible, where I'm an autodidact who understands your pathology, as well as evolution and its abject stubborn stupidity, with extraordinary acumen.
A course a belief is going to seem stupid if one only uses strawman arguments.

For example (not my beliefs):

'Christianity is so stupid. They believe that if you nail someone to a tree that they will live forever ".

Does that refute Christianity? I hope you only laughed at it. That is no worse than the arguments that you have been making.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I am not disputing your piety to your God or to Jesus or your religion.

And i thinK you are very well aware of my own qualifications (civil engineering, computer science), have nothing to do with biology.

I have never claimed to be science, although the courses do have some sciences relating to these fields (mainly physical, eg classical mechanics, electricity, electronics, electromagnetism especially where it concerns with networking, eg fibre optic, WiFi).

Because of the courses I have completed, I see myself more as engineer than a scientist.

I have no qualifications in biology, and I make no claims of being expert.

But yes, I have been reading about biology, especially with regarding to molecular biology and evolution, but still I don’t consider myself as a biologist.

I have other interests, like art and art history, and I did fair bit of drawings (technical drawings, drafting) during my civil engineering days, but I have never thought of myself as artist.

You were the one who brought up your 3 degrees, in your reply to @metis -

- so I don’t see why you need to be so hostile when I asked you valid questions, are your qualifications related to fields in biology or not.

If you can speak re: biology without a degree, can I? Of course I can. So your question is logically moot.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
If you can speak re: biology without a degree, can I? Of course I can. So your question is logically moot.
Well, anyone can speak on whatever they want, of course. The point is whether or not we know what we're talking about. We probably shouldn't expound on things we don't actually understand properly, wouldn't you say?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
A course a belief is going to seem stupid if one only uses strawman arguments.

For example (not my beliefs):

'Christianity is so stupid. They believe that if you nail someone to a tree that they will live forever ".

Does that refute Christianity? I hope you only laughed at it. That is no worse than the arguments that you have been making.

By George, you've gotten it right!

It's hard to believe, without supporting evidence, that a crucified person can grant eternal life. Likewise, it's astounding when we consider that only evolution/abiogenesis tends toward order from disorder, information added through random chance, overcoming insanely large numbers by random chance, overcoming entropy, overcoming changes to Earth's atmosphere through time, introduction of new species, etc., etc., etc., etc. since typically soups struck by lightning don't make magically self-replicating RNA, etc.

We finally both understand one another.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

It's hard to believe, without supporting evidence, that a crucified person can grant eternal life. Likewise, it's astounding when we consider that only evolution/abiogenesis tends toward order from disorder, information added through random chance, overcoming insanely large numbers by random chance, overcoming entropy, overcoming changes to Earth's atmosphere through time, introduction of new species, etc., etc., etc., etc. since typically soups struck by lightning don't make magically self-replicating RNA, etc.

Sorry, but these arguments are super outdated, long-ago refuted, and irrelevant. As already pointed out. Every single one of them can be found here:
An Index to Creationist Claims

That site hasn't been updated since 2006, so that should give you some idea as to how old these arguments you are making actually are.

gnostic

The Lost One
But YOU WERE THE ONE WHO BROUGHT UP THE “3 degrees”...

So my questions WERE NOT MOOT.

Your evasions only tell us you have something to hide. Plus, you were extremely rude when I asked legitimate questions.

So how about we start again.

Does any of your degrees have anything to do with science?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

What makes you think that only abiogenesis and evolution tend to order from disorder? It appears that you have no understanding of the Second Law of Thermodynamics at all. Haver you ever seen one of these:

510FWrksk5S._AC_SY1000_.jpg

That is not "overcoming entropy". That is such an ignorant phrase. By your incredibly poor definition of "entropy" life itself is impossible. . Those crystals naturally formed from a very disordered state. There was no need of an intelligent being to make them molecule by molecule.

The SLoT only has to do with energy available for work. The poor version that you use only applies to isolated systems. That is a system where no energy can enter or leave the system, no matter can enter or leave the system. The Earth has energy constantly entering and leaving it so it is not an isolated system. Your version of the second law does not apply.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
But YOU WERE THE ONE WHO BROUGHT UP THE “3 degrees”...

So my questions WERE NOT MOOT.

Your evasions only tell us you have something to hide. Plus, you were extremely rude when I asked legitimate questions.

So how about we start again.

Does any of your degrees have anything to do with science?
Clearly none of the degrees involved any understanding at all of entropy. So that leaves out Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and Geology to start with. I have seen some engineers and computer scientist claim that there degrees are in "science". A mechanical engineer needs a firm grounding in Newton's laws of motion, but that is a far cry from being a physicist. An electrical engineer needs to understand Maxwell's equations. but entropy is a subject that they do not need to understand at all.