• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Would Be Your Appeal on Judgement Day?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
So lets say we've already failed, and along comes Judgement day on earth, where after there will be eternal life in paradise on the new earth; everyone else is to be chucked into the incinerator...

What would you plead to show that there has been a mistake in why you should be worth keeping? o_O

In my opinion. :innocent:

wizanda

Premium Member
That'll either work or it won't.
Unfortunately we've already failed; so we need some sort of answer or off to the incinerator we go... I'm sitting pondering reasons worth pleading my self, as it is shocking to think what if...

Shaul

Premium Member
What will Christians do when they stand before the Amighty and find out Jesus wasn’t the real messiah? They have been holding up Jesus in G-d’s face and Jesus was not Divine. Basically completely violating the Ten Commandments.

wizanda

Premium Member
this "judgement" is entirely capricious.
Yep, part of the question, as it makes us have to think about a being we know nothing about, that has failed us on our religious beliefs...

So what does it require, that it is allowing some through, and not us? Thus only we know what that cause might be...

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
So lets say we've already failed, and along comes Judgement day on earth, where after there will be eternal life in paradise on the new earth; everyone else is to be chucked into the incinerator...

What would you plead to show that there has been a mistake in why you should be worth keeping? o_O

Why would I appeal. God being God would already know everything about me. If I'm judge unworthy what am I suppose to do about that? Assume God made a mistake?

I went through life doing the best I could. If that's not good enough then nothing's going to change that fact.

wizanda

Premium Member
Where'd you get this "we" stuff.
This is a theoretical question we are all standing before the Judgement seat of God here on earth; being told "off to the incinerator, unless you can give me a decent answer"...

Didn't have to include me, and could've pretended I'm so much better than you religious people; yet decided to be inclusive. :p

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is a theoretical question we are all standing before the Judgement seat of God here on earth; being told "off to the incinerator, unless you can give me a decent answer"...

Didn't have to include me, and could've pretended I'm so much better than you religious people; yet decided to be inclusive. :p

I haven't failed.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Some people may be in for a surprise.

ED97103A-0309-4405-8355-3A27914B1F1A.jpeg

Mindmaster

Premium Member

So long, and thanks for all the fish?

wizanda

Premium Member
Why would I appeal.
Because you have faith in your standards, because you know in your heart of hearts that your valor shines through any obstacle, and damned if you're going to go to an incinerator, when you've got lots of living to do.

Plus with an answer like that, God might see someone who is willing to turn around and question, if given the opportunity.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I never had orientation when I was born.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I maintain this opinion is without foundation.

Can you support it?
Being a tad self-righteous aren't we??? We've ALL failed and come short. No one is perfect.
See above.
Failed at what, and what are you basing this conclusion on?
What does perfection have to do with this proposed selection?