• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would be the silliest thing you did?

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
I did this silly thing recently -

I am Indian and female, I have resigned from a former IT job 6 months ago and currently on the lookout for job.

In the meantime I happened to view my former boss's Facebook profile. He is White American.

I did not want to ask him for a job however he is such a good person I impulsively sent him an FR. He accepted it. I don't intend to ask for his job back as that job was highly stressful. I told him that while resigning.

But then every time I had to post I became very cautious and self-conscious...

Today I wrote him a note on how all that say in social media would affect him making him look as if he supported those views, took his permission and unfriended him. I feel so silly!

What is your silliest action?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Today I booked a train to Portsmouth from Yorkshire. 3 changes and I have no idea how to read a train timetable.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I did this silly thing recently -

I am Indian and female, I have resigned from a former IT job 6 months ago and currently on the lookout for job.

In the meantime I happened to view my former boss's Facebook profile. He is White American.

I did not want to ask him for a job however he is such a good person I impulsively sent him an FR. He accepted it. I don't intend to ask for his job back as that job was highly stressful. I told him that while resigning.

But then every time I had to post I became very cautious and self-conscious...

Today I wrote him a note on how all that say in social media would affect him making him look as if he supported those views, took his permission and unfriended him. I feel so silly!

What is your silliest action?
I think you dug yourself out of the hole rather elegantly, if I may say so.

As for me, one summer's evening long ago, when I was walking back along the Isis (the local name for the Thames) at Oxford, after a few pints in the pub (actually this one: The Trout Inn Pub & Restaurant in Wolvercote, Oxfordshire), the friend I was with bet me that I wouldn't strip off and swim across the river to the houseboat moored on the opposite bank, and back. It was dark and nobody was around so I took him up and did it. However, just as I reached the houseboat, a policeman turned up. So my friend decided to engage this bobby in conversation, for about ten minutes. All the time, I had to keep as still as possible, getting colder and colder in the water, waiting for him to move on, so I could swim back, climb out and retrieve my clothes.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I did many silly things in my life. Perhaps the silliest thing I did was not taking one biology examination seriously which could have made me a successful doctor. I had already cleared by 12th grade exam with reasonably good grades (with mathematics, which was not my cup of choice) and had a whole year to complete just one paper. Ishwareccha/Chance.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Between lives, I chose to follow some guy back to the west. Silly mistake, cost me 18 years in this body, before I figured it out. Now it's all good, as India has moved here.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I made a grass skirt for a rubber chicken 'cause my friends felt sorry for it.

I'll find the picture...

Altfish

Veteran Member
Today I booked a train to Portsmouth from Yorkshire. 3 changes and I have no idea how to read a train timetable.
Get on the first train and ask the guard - or...

I'm the opposite with trains in the UK, I know them well.
If you want...post the trains you are catching and I will tell you which platforms they go from. I can only do that about a week in advance. If you want to do it in private start a conversation.

Cheers

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Get on the first train and ask the guard - or...

I'm the opposite with trains in the UK, I know them well.
If you want...post the trains you are catching and I will tell you which platforms they go from. I can only do that about a week in advance. If you want to do it in private start a conversation.

Cheers
I'm catching it tomorrow.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Let me have a look, see what I can find out

Goole is easy, only two platforms.

Let me see what comes up, make a coffee:D
My main issue is I have never even been to Doncaster station and I have no idea what train I'm looking to be on or anything. I just have the time I need to be on it. I wish they named trains.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I made a grass skirt for a rubber chicken 'cause my friends felt sorry for it.

I'll find the picture...
Selection_062.png

Altfish

Veteran Member
12 from Goole, first to Doncaster.
OK, somewhat guessing the route from Doncaster...

Goole departs 11:54 from Platform 2 (It is a Sheffield train)
Arrives Doncaster at 12:18 in Platform 3B

Or the later train …

Goole departs at 12:28 again from Platform 2 (It is a Sheffield train)
Arrives Doncaster at 12:58 again at Platform 3B

Going off what Trainline and the like suggest your route then will be … if this is incorrect let me know and I’ll rework

To get from Platform 3B to Platform 1 at Doncaster is easy, it is the other face of the platform albeit a wide one with waiting rooms and the likes in between.

Departs Doncaster at 12:47 from Platform 1 (a Kings Cross train)
Arrive at Stevenage at 14:03 in Platform 2

Depart Stevenage at 14:17 (A Horsham Train) from Platform 1
Again at Stevenage Platforms 1 & 2 are the opposite faces of the same platform.

Arrive East Croydon 15:14 at Platform 3
Depart East Croydon at 15:23 (A Portsmouth Harbour/Bognor Regis train) from Platform 3
Departs from the same platform you arrived on.
This train splits at Horsham, so make sure you are in the correct part of the train.

Arrive Portsmouth & Southsea at 17:00 into Platform 2

OR, if you were on the later train from Goole

Departs Doncaster at 13:19 from Platform 1 (a Kings Cross train)
Arrive at Kings Cross at 15:01 in Platform 5

Tube train to Waterloo

Depart Waterloo at 16:00 (A Portsmouth Harbour train) from Platform 11
Arrive Portsmouth & Southsea at 17:30 in Platform 2

Warning: The Platform numbers are fairly accurate but can be changed at the last moment to accommodate late running trains, etc. – so do check.

Hope this helps - safe journey

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I can be silly and goofy... cracking jokes, making people laugh... much of the time. But I also embarrass myself and do stupid and regrettable things all the time, so it's hard to pick just one, or even a few instances.

Skwim

Veteran Member

I once wore a thong for half a day just to see what the big deal was. . . . . . there isn't any. In fact, it was darn uncomfortable. BUT, don't let that stop you ladies out there from wearing 'em. ;)