• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What "worship" mean for you?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
How do you worship God? What actions indicate worship?

For me, praying in gratitude to God for everything that's been given is a big one.

Another way I worship God is by doing my best to grow myself even when hope seems lost, having faith when I see no light at the end of the tunnel and, instead of being mad with God, I ask God for advice.

And finally, just finding even the smallest bit of joy in every single day, appreciation of my temporary existence that God has given me.

I suppose that meditating on my beliefs could also be considered a form of worship, but I mainly do that on accident :D

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Still mind meditation whereby "I" self awareness ceases and only pure divine awareness exists . Due to this process, self dentification transitions from the body in time and space to the timeless transcendent out of body awareness.
Tbh, it is the most difficult thing to realize, and after many years of daily meditation, it is still a work in progress with just occasional brief transcendent experiences. Still, it beats the easy path that leads to destruction.:)

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Potentially, everything. I try to remember that when I'm doing things, that everything I do can be conceived as an act of worship. Sure, I pray, make offerings, do puja, and contemplate the divine, but often my most worshipful moments are when I am simply mindful that all things have the potential to be that.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Potentially, everything. I try to remember that when I'm doing things, that everything I do can be conceived as an act of worship. Sure, I pray, make offerings, do puja, and contemplate the divine, but often my most worshipful moments are when I am simply mindful that all things have the potential to be that.

Yes, there's that verse from the Bhagavad Gita 3.9 "In this world all actions unless done as a sacrifice to God become causes of bondage. Work for the sake of God without personal attachments". That's one form of worship. Sister Mary Drill Instructor of the Sisters of No Mercy used to say "offer it up to God". I call doing everything and offering everything to God as Tantra-Lite.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I meditate occasionally these days. As well as offering incense to various Deities a couple times a week.

Every 6-7 weeks I perform a large outdoor ritual in which I give oblations via fire sacrifice. The timing comes out to 8 times a year (the high days on the wheel of the year).

But often the most sacred things are just noticing and focusing on the small things. Like the time I sat down and watched a bird land in the grass in front of me, and saw how it ate the seeds off of a bloomed dandelion puffball. Eating the seed, and spitting out the fuzzy end. Or noticing the wind as it rustles through the trees, making whispers. The cacophony of coyotes laughing and chittering in the distance.

The Sum of Awe

Yes, there's that verse from the Bhagavad Gita 3.9 "In this world all actions unless done as a sacrifice to God become causes of bondage. Work for the sake of God without personal attachments". That's one form of worship. Sister Mary Drill Instructor of the Sisters of No Mercy used to say "offer it up to God". I call doing everything and offering everything to God as Tantra-Lite.
Interesting, so I interpreted JustGeorge as saying that every action is a form of worship to God whereas the verse you quoted I interpret as saying that one should always act for the sake of God instead of one's attachments. Would either of you say there is a certain way to act or work that would be a form of worship to God, or would you say everything you do is a worship of God?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Interesting, so I interpreted JustGeorge as saying that every action is a form of worship to God whereas the verse you quoted I interpret as saying that one should always act for the sake of God instead of one's attachments. Would either of you say there is a certain way to act or work that would be a form of worship to God, or would you say everything you do is a worship of God?

I know this wasn't directed at me. But I think it's a state of mind that you bring to things. A sort of conscious awareness of the act of doing, as well as the repercussions of said act (nothing is without consequences). As well as keeping oneself detached from the results of said actions.

The Sum of Awe

I know this wasn't directed at me. But I think it's a state of mind that you bring to things. A sort of conscious awareness of the act of doing, as well as the repercussions of said act (nothing is without consequences). As well as keeping oneself detached from the results of said actions.
Oh! So kind of like living in mindfulness then.

That seems like a practical way to live, not just for the sake of worship but because it would make your actions more meaningful when you're detached from the results, and you can avoid fear when you're aware of consequences - you'll know what you're getting into.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

I'd say its more something to aim for. I'm not there yet, at least not full time.

One could identify a way they should act, but it I don't feel it would be universal. If one strives to do one's best, I think it could qualify as worship.

That seems like a practical way to live, not just for the sake of worship but because it would make your actions more meaningful when you're detached from the results, and you can avoid fear when you're aware of consequences - you'll know what you're getting into.

Precisely! Do one's acts without want of reward; do them because they must be done. Do them to the best of your ability in honor of the divine, and let the divine see to the outcome.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
When one begins to realize the divinity in oneself, it follows that one may then begin to see in in other things, finally in all things, all is God. Our actions at the various stages of our life reflect where we were and now where we are at in this unfolding process of realization of what and who we really are in the context of universal existence.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
O earth natural is not a man's god. O it's a rock planet.
Heavens is natural not a man's god. It's a gas water mass.

Father mother once we're whole healthy biological equal mutual living little ego expressed human spirituality.

Truly innocent. Very loving.

Our baby human memory of them is human direct.

Life Was bio life water oxygen microbe separated from us. As life's human natural bio history. Was told Egypt separated life's water mass.

Family slave advised hurt life compared to scientists temple. Causes. Very innocent non violent humanity. Meek by nature didn't war.

Changed brains now angered humans.

As our lying ego self eccentric....idolising theist priest science temple brother. King man science priest invented nuclear science.

Made it on earth as it is in heaven above as below. He caused it.

He did ground dust particles reactions. Heated earths cold gas space travel. Asteroids passed close to earth came into heated space. And like moon came back to earth ignited burning.

Particle accelerating hitting breaking up rocks sun mass broke apart. Man gave us a nuclear heavens particle explosion above nuked us.

Returned the event horizon.

As God loves us you know.

So I never prayed to God. I nearly died from measles caused irradiated atmosphere in new nuclear experiments as a baby.

My mother memory spirit appeared in ice melt so it's visionary. As ice saved my life our saviour. I'm born in water month so am aware.

I was shown my mother in vision standing over my bed in a laundry basket. Her memory with me guiding my whole life. So I developed spiritually.

Real.

I never idolised myself or father mother just as taught.

But their higher non chemical returned bio advice water living memory taught me. No man is God.

So I don't lie. They taught me be loving it's who you naturally are. So I did.

If I believe the eternal being caused creation. It too was never God. Why I don't believe in God terms.

So as father was my own history adult baby brothers returning father's memories. He told me he needed my help. By please be advised. It's important. Psychic vision messages real.

When I got really hurt first collider experiments hurt ....my real father's first memories came back by a huge ice mass melt. The exact reason.

How I learnt what a human man liar is...yet still be spiritual.

Viker

Häxan
How do you worship God? What actions indicate worship?

For me, praying in gratitude to God for everything that's been given is a big one.

Another way I worship God is by doing my best to grow myself even when hope seems lost, having faith when I see no light at the end of the tunnel and, instead of being mad with God, I ask God for advice.

And finally, just finding even the smallest bit of joy in every single day, appreciation of my temporary existence that God has given me.

I suppose that meditating on my beliefs could also be considered a form of worship, but I mainly do that on accident :D
Meditation, prayer/communion, sigil working, demonography, contemplation and ritual. Much of that I try to combine into one movement every day or when I can.

I also represent the best that I can.

Ella S.

Dispassionate Goth
I worship God by seeking to know and accept them, which translates into practicing mindfulness while pursuing knowledge.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Worship is relative to exalting which is relative to deeming great which is relative to respect.

Worship is exalting, but "highest" rank of exalting, as such, worship to me is to see God is far exalted above having equals, and so we aren't to upgrade anyone to the level of the highest form of exalting since God is far above all.

However, as God is exalted, we are to exalt his exalted chosen ones out of love of God as well.

And God and his exalted are great, we are to honor believers out of love of God as well who although are not divine nor exalted to the level of his chosen, are great.

Those who dishonor believers, dishonor God, and whoever dishonors God goes to hell no matter how many outward words they deceive only themselves about God.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I do not worship any God or Goddess, don't feel the need to do so, none the worse for it. Worship is airing your desires. In my young age, I worshiped to be close to my adolescent crushes.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I worshipped God so often,
I finally became God.
Little by little God drew nearer,
Slowly but slowly I passed away. - Sufi