• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What will the Second Coming of Christ look like?

3rdAngel

Thus you will literally see what you have decided you have to see and wait until that happens.

For me I have seen the 'Glory of God' come via the way of the 'Gate' facing East.

I see the law going forth from ZION.

I see a New Jerusalem has come down from the heaven of God's Command and the Promised Temple built.

I see the limbs of mankind have quaked, the stars fallen from heavenand a new heaven and a new earth as the old passes away.

I see the end of the Age was AD1844, foretold in Daniel and then confirmed in Revelation as AH1260.

The list goes on, all the while people stay firm in a literal fulfilment.

"... As they have literally interpreted the Word of God, and the sayings and traditions of the Letters of Unity, and expounded them according to their own deficient understanding, they have therefore deprived themselves and all their people of the bountiful showers of the grace and mercies of God...."

Regards Tony

Not really Tony, it is you that is trying to see what you want to see. You have no scripture to support your claims so you close your eyes and ears to the scriptures shared with you that show why you are in error and do not believe them just like the JEWS did not believe JESUS was the Messiah the first time and ignored the 300+ literal prophecies concerning him. Something to think about as posted earlier, this is your delema not mine.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not really Tony, it is you that is trying to see what you want to see. You have no scripture to support your claims. Yet you have been shown the very scriptures that show why you are in error but you do not believe them.

I see it would not matter what I posted from Scripture in support of what was offered, you have already decided.

The Jews remain strong as well. Such is life.

Regards Tony

sooda

Veteran Member
When I am referring to proof I am referring to proof from the scriptures. You simply have none for your claims and your cliams are not supported by the scriptures. The scriptures are made up of both spiritual and literal prophecies in God's Word. For example when God says he will give us a new heart to love and follow him we are not getting a heart transplant yet in a way we are *EZEKIEL 36:26-27. When God prophesied to Abraham that his people would be in Egypt 400+ years before deliverence it was literal. When Daniel was given the prophecy of the abomination of desolation and the destruction of the temple that JESUS refers to in Matthew 24 it was literal. When God's Word tells us that at the second coming, it is the end of the world and EVERY EYE shall see him, I believe God's Word that it will be as it says. Then I guess the JEWS had the same problem when they ignored God's Word and rejected the scriptures that prophesied of the Messiah. They had God's Word. They had the 300+ prophecies. Yet they choose to close their eyes and ears to hearing God's Word and rejected the very literal Messiah that the scriptures pointed to. Pehaps they believed at the time as you do that it was a spiritual coming? According to the scriptures the new heaven and no new earth happens after the second coming that everyone will see, but I see you do not believe these scriptures that have only been shared as a help to you. For me only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. I see what you are teaching though as a fulfillment of the scriptures in Matthew 24:24

The Jews were never in Egypt. Egypt controlled Sinai and Canaan .

The Sinai Peninsula has been under the military control of Egypt from the time of Abraham 2000 BC, the Exodus 1446 BC right down to the time Rome Annexed it in 106 AD.

Egypt in Canaan - Canaan & Ancient Israel @ University of ...
Websites - Digital Collections - Penn MuseumCanaan/Egypt.html
Egypt used Canaan as a buffer against rival empires further north, such as the Mitanni. Canaan was also a source of revenue through taxes, tribute and trade. Egypt stationed small garrisons in major towns like Jerusalem and created administrative centers like the one at Beth Shean in Israel.

3rdAngel

The quandary is, is that I agree 100%.
Regards Tony

Indeed the JEWS also said the same with their words yet they denied the scriptures and crucified the very Messiah that those scriptures pointed to. You claim to believe the scriptures yet you deny them when they are shared with you.

3rdAngel

I see it would not matter what I posted from Scripture in support of what was offered, you have already decided.

The Jews remain strong as well. Such is life.

Regards Tony

Depends. If you can prove your claims with scripture than please do so as I am happy to have this discussion with you as you seem like a nice person. So far you haven't proved anything you have claimed here as all you have done so far is to deny the scriptures shared with you as did the JEWS when they rejected JESUS as the Messiah.

sooda

Veteran Member
Indeed the JEWS also said the same with their words yet they denied the scriptures and crucified the very Messiah that those scriptures pointed to. You claim to believe the scriptures yet you deny them when they are shared with you.

The problem was that all the prophecies pointed to an anointed warrior king like David who would vanquish their enemies. Jesus didn't defeat Rome and he wasn't a warrior or a king.

3rdAngel

The problem was that all the prophecies pointed to an anointed warrior king like David who would vanquish their enemies. Jesus didn't defeat Rome and he wasn't a warrior or a king.

Actually no. All the prophecies did no such thing.

sooda

Veteran Member
Actually no. All the prophecies did no such thing.

Yes. and some said he would come in the sky and some said he would come riding a donkey.. and he would be a greater king than David or Solomon... and he would be anointed and he would save the Jews from their enemies.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
This thread is about what the second coming will look like, but for the Jews, they are looking for the first coming. And what should that first coming look like? So many "prophecies" are too vague to be meaningful. And, like the "virgin" birth, are from verses that are taken out of context. And then some prophecies attributed to Jesus, Baha'is say don't apply to Jesus at all but to Baha'u'llah.

Then the greatest proofs. God spoke from heaven and said that Jesus was his beloved Son. Jesus walking on water and raising the dead. Angels appearing and declaring that Jesus had risen from the dead. Greatest proofs? No. Wouldn't Baha'is say these are all symbolic? Only literal believing Christians think these things really happened. So why should any Jew believe that Jesus was their Messiah? Because he saved them from their sin? Because he saved them from the wiles of the devil? Because he saved them from being condemned to hell? Still, more stuff that Baha'is say isn't true.

I believe only purity of heart is required to recognise the Manifestation of God not intellectual learning so if the people at the time were pure and humble they would have recognised Jesus a mile away as being a Manifestation. But they listened to their scholars who’s learning was an obstacle to accepting Him as it made them proud.

Acceptance of God’s Manifestation is essentially a spiritual act not an intellectual one which explains why prophecies often fail to sway people if it is not accompanied with a pure heart but a pure heart without intellectual arguments one can recognise truth immediately and is in no need of proofs. Some are endowed with both.

So all the prophecies in the Bible did not convince the Jews yet a fisherman knew Him.

sooda

Veteran Member
I believe only purity of heart is required to recognise the Manifestation of God not intellectual learning so if the people at the time were pure and humble they would have recognised Jesus a mile away as being a Manifestation. But they listened to their scholars who’s learning was an obstacle to accepting Him as it made them proud.

Acceptance of God’s Manifestation is essentially a spiritual act not an intellectual one which explains why prophecies often fail to sway people if it is not accompanied with a pure heart but a pure heart without intellectual arguments one can recognise truth immediately and is in no need of proofs. Some are endowed with both.

So all the prophecies in the Bible did not convince the Jews yet a fisherman knew Him.

The north was more prosperous and cosmopolitan than Judah.. The Jerusalemite crowd were envious and insecure.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
What would you consider proof?
Allah not allowing conflict or injustice. Can your Allah do this?
Jesus as Christ brought a new heaven and a new earth, the stars fell from heaven and the mountains moved, the list goes on.
Waiting for a literal fulfilment of prophecy, means waiting as the Jews still do for a literal Messiah sitting on a throne.
Really, did he do that? Where is it located? No new Earth was created, ours is 5 billion years old. Why is there a lie in every sentence of yours?
If the prophecies are not to be fulfilled, why should they be called prophecies?

Last edited:

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
If we assume the gospel stories are true, then we'd believe that it took witnessing the miraculous powers of Jesus to convince them. But, there is also a problem with people that have a "pure" heart. They can be fooled by a charismatic, sweet-talking false messiah. If they don't know the prophecies then they can be told anything. The prophecies better be their for a good reason.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
If we assume the gospel stories are true, then we'd believe that it took witnessing the miraculous powers of Jesus to convince them. But, there is also a problem with people that have a "pure" heart. They can be fooled by a charismatic, sweet-talking false messiah. If they don't know the prophecies then they can be told anything. The prophecies better be their for a good reason.

A pure heart doesn’t mean a person is naive or gullible . All a pure heart means is that it can tell the difference between the real thing and a fake. The pure heart gravitates towards God not charisma.

As Jesus said ‘Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God’. We understand that to “see God’ is to recognise His Manifestation.

Note that interpretations are guided by what is in a persons heart. The Pharisees saw ‘What good comes from Bethlehem ‘ so saw not Christ but the son of a carpenter.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I can say that G_d does not sit on a throne on earth and I see it would be insulting to even consider this to be so.

Thus it is up to you what you think the word 'throne' may mean.

Regards Tony
We are, as I have stated many times in this thread, NOT NOT NOT talking about God and God's throne. We are talking about David's throne, which belong's to the Messiah (who is NOT God).

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No where in any of your references does it say that the word throne is used to mean anything other than a fancy chair for a ruler, or the figurative seat of power in a given location.

It is up to us to decide what 'Throne' means, not to accept another idea from a book, unless that other Idea is from G_d in the other book.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We are, as I have stated many times in this thread, NOT NOT NOT talking about God and God's throne. We are talking about David's throne, which belong's to the Messiah (who is NOT God).

To which I respond, that is the Throne I talk About, the Messiah has sat on that Throne. This is passage from Baha'u'llah, it makes it quite clear;

"....THE Most Great Law is come, and the Ancient Beauty ruleth upon the throne of David. Thus hath My Pen spoken that which the histories of bygone ages have related.
At this time, however, David crieth aloud and saith: 'O my loving Lord! Do Thou number me with such as have stood steadfast in Thy Cause, O Thou through Whom the faces have been illumined, and the footsteps have slipped!'
THE Breath hath been wafted, and the Breeze hath blown, and from Zion hath appeared that which was hidden, and from Jerusalem is heard the Voice of God, the One, the Incomparable, the Omniscient.
LEND an ear unto the song of David. He saith: 'Who will bring me into the Strong City?' The Strong City is Akka, which hath been named the Most Great Prison, and which possesseth a fortress and mighty ramparts... Peruse that which Isaiah hath spoken in His Book. He saith: 'Get thee up into the high mountain, O Zion, that bringest good tidings; lift up thy voice with strength, O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings. Lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah: "Behold your God! Behold the Lord God will come with strong hand, and His arm shall rule for Him."' This Day all the signs have appeared. A great City hath descended from heaven, and Zion trembleth and exulteth with joy at the Revelation of God, for it hath heard the Voice of God on every side....." Baha'u'llah : The Proclamation of Baha'u'llah

Of course, you can see it how you wish to. I have accepted what Baha'u'llah has offered.

Regards Tony

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
I believe it's already happened.

Jesus comes again to all of us, hoping to have a relationship. For some, it's a no sell, so they don't notice Jesus. For others their life is changed. But Jesus is quick to warn us that end times are different from hardships, and that he would return soon. So this notion of seeing the Second Coming as a distinct part of end times is probably not the real teaching. Strictly speaking this would be the Third Coming.

1. He came as Sacrifice for our sins.
2. He came again as Savior, returning only days later. He comes for each of us, but doesn't bother with the secular world. He appeared to Jesus's disciples, not to the Pharisees or Roman officials.
3. He will come again as Governor. After everyone who tries to Resist his rule finds that their own governors are actually enslavers.