• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What will the Second Coming of Christ look like?

Muffled

Jesus in me
It is the Spirit that is raised.

Behold the joy this world can give, even in the greatest turmoil!

That is the joy Christ offeres when he asks us to follow Him.

In this day it is the same joy given by Baha'u'llah.

That is what I see and I wish all happiness for you.

Regards Tony

I believe you are in error. The spirit didn't die so there is no way for it to be raised from the dead.

3rdAngel

Hmmm? And the Baha'is throw that right back at you. If only you didn't take the NT so literal, you would have recognized the symbolic meaning and seen that their prophet is the return of the Christ Spirit. But I don't blame the Jews for not believing you. And I don't blame you for not believing the Baha'is. And maybe even more so, because to believe the Baha'is, you'd also have to believe that all the prophets of all religions are true and sent from God... including Muhammad. Oh, and also that Jesus is dead and gone and didn't rise from the dead. It's quite amazing to me how anyone is expected to totally change their beliefs and accept a new religion? Unless they already have their doubts about their old religion, then the new one is like a breath of fresh air.

Hmmm? What? I am sorry I do not understand what you are talking about here. None of it is based on the scriptures.

3rdAngel

What's very, very strange is that we are talking about the Second Coming of Christ, and in the Baha'i view, Muhammad was the Second Coming... then The Bab was a Third and Baha'u'llah a fourth.

But if we go back to Jewish beliefs, I wonder, are they expecting four "Messiahs"? Jesus, Muhammad, The Bab and Baha'u'llah?

And according to the scriptures quoted in Matthew 24:24 one of the signs of the end of the world and the second coming of Christ is many false Christs and false prophets will appear to deceive many. You did not read the scriptures provided did you.

Last edited:

74x12

I know Christ now and I’ve recognised Him again when He returned.

Lo! The Father is come and that which Ye were promised in the kingdom has been fulfilled.
(Baha’u’llah’
Sorry but, Jesus doesn't come in secret the second time. (Matthew 24:26) And He will return just as they saw Him leave. That means He descends down from a cloud just like He left them. (Acts 1:9-11)

Besides, Baha'ullah died. Jesus says in Revelation that He(Jesus) died once and is alive forevermore. (Revelation 1:18) That means He can't and won't die a second time. This is because He has inherited immortality. So He can be author of eternal life for everyone who believes in and obeys Him.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
None of it is based on the scriptures.
Generally speaking... Jews interpret their Scriptures one way. Christians interpret the Hebrew Bible in a way to make their NT the truth. And Baha'is interpret everybody's Scriptures to fit into their beliefs. So nothing is really totally based on Scripture, but it takes some interpretation.

And according to the scriptures quoted in Matthew 24:24 one of the signs of the end of the world and the second coming of Christ is many false Christs and false prophets will appear to deceive many.
So every other religion is false, and only your interpretation of the Bible is correct? Well good, then what is the correct interpretation of Revelation. That way we can all know what to look for.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Sorry but, Jesus doesn't come in secret the second time. (Matthew 24:26) And He will return just as they saw Him leave. That means He descends down from a cloud just like He left them. (Acts 1:9-11)

Besides, Baha'ullah died. Jesus says in Revelation that He(Jesus) died once and is alive forevermore. (Revelation 1:18) That means He can't and won't die a second time. This is because He has inherited immortality. So He can be author of eternal life for everyone who believes in and obeys Him.

God is Spirit and eternal. Christ is Spirit and immortal.

Just as the Pharisees denied Him so do Christians deny Him now although very clearly it says in Revelation He will be called by a new name and Jeremiah 49:38 ‘I will set my throne in Elam’ which is Persia the birth place of Baha’u’llah. We can deny like the Pharisees or be humble like the disciples.

He didn’t say to watch if there wasn’t the possibility of missing His appearance.

Expectations that God will meet our demands is not being humble before God but proud.

Pride in human learning always turns man away from God.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Generally speaking... Jews interpret their Scriptures one way. Christians interpret the Hebrew Bible in a way to make their NT the truth. And Baha'is interpret everybody's Scriptures to fit into their beliefs. So nothing is really totally based on Scripture, but it takes some interpretation.
Actually everything in the NT comes from the OT scriptures. Together both the OT and the NT scriptures are the two great witnesses that make up the Word of God and bare witness to the Messiah and God's plan of salvation for mankind.
So every other religion is false, and only your interpretation of the Bible is correct? Well good, then what is the correct interpretation of Revelation. That way we can all know what to look for.
As Matthew 24:24 says one of the signs of the end of the world and the second coming is that there will be many false Christs and prophets. Of course there is only one truth so the question is which one is it? The natural man receives not the things of the spirit of God neither can he know them. Spiritual things are spiritually discerned. JESUS says I am the way the truth and the life: no man comes to the father but by me. To all those who believe and follow God's Word his sends his Spirit to guide and lead them in to all truth *JOHN 14:6-26. Many will be called but few will be chosen *Matthew 22:14 because wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads to life, and few there be that find it. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree brings forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that brings not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Why by their fruits you shall know them *Matthew 7:13-20.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member

Hi CG. You asked in a previous post are Jews expecting 4 Messiahs? Well they should be according to the Baha’i interpretation of this verse which we believe refers to them. We Baha’is believe in this interpretation below with sources listed underneath.

And he said, the Lord came from Sinai, - Moses
and rose up from Seir unto them; - Christ
and shined forth from Mount Paran and - Muhammad
he came with ten thousands of saints: - the Bab (over twenty thousand martyrs)
from his right hand went a fiery law for them. - Baha’u’llah (Most Holy Book)
(Deuteronomy 33:2)

“Thou didst write as to Seir. Seir is a locality near Nazareth in Galilee.”

‘Abdu’l-Bahá

References in the Bible to “Mt. Paran” and “Paraclete” refer to Muhammad’s Revelation. Deuteronomy 33.2; (Shoghi Effendi)

Thrown in for good measure because you’re a good person.

Revelations 3.12, refers to the Revelation of Bahá’u’lláh. (Shoghi Effendi)

Jesuslightoftheworld

The world has nothing to offer us!
What are your thoughts? Will it be a magical event with angels in the sky with Christ riding on the clouds with all true believers being taken up to heaven and people rising from their graves?

Are the signs of the Second Coming literal or figurative?

And as no one has ever seen Jesus how will anyone know it is Him or not? Is it at all possible that His Coming could have be missed as Christ said to watch and pray and that He would come like a thief in the night. What would He steal?

Do you think the traditional literal interpretations are correct and why or why not?

I think they are both literal and figurative. I believe he will come quickly like a thief in the night but we will all see him coming in the clouds from wherever in the world you are. The ones who know Him will know it is Him.

74x12

God is Spirit and eternal. Christ is Spirit and immortal.

Just as the Pharisees denied Him so do Christians deny Him now although very clearly it says in Revelation He will be called by a new name and Jeremiah 49:38 ‘I will set my throne in Elam’ which is Persia the birth place of Baha’u’llah. We can deny like the Pharisees or be humble like the disciples.

He didn’t say to watch if there wasn’t the possibility of missing His appearance.

Expectations that God will meet our demands is not being humble before God but proud.

Pride in human learning always turns man away from God.
The passage about setting His throne in Elam speaks of the destruction of Elam. It's picturesque more than literal. It's like an idiom. In those days when great kings went to conquer another nation; they would set up there throne there and send their armies all around to burn and loot the cities. Like in the well known Assyrian relief of the siege of Lachish. You can see the king of Assyria sitting on his throne watching the battle. So that's the historical context of the verse.

As for the rest of what you said. Look, it's not proud to believe God's Word. In this case I believe the scriptures which clearly contradict what you're saying. So sorry.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member

I think they are both literal and figurative. I believe he will come quickly like a thief in the night but we will all see him coming in the clouds from wherever in the world you are. The ones who know Him will know it is Him.

As I child I always loved Jesus and He has always been in my heart so when He did come again I was filled with immense joy.

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

Premium Member

Remember these figurative words of Christ. ‘Let him that has eyes see and him who has ears hear’. All people are born with ears and eyes but what Jesus was speaking about was tye spiritual senses of insight and understanding.

All people who have eyes to see and ears to hear will know Christ.

That’s why the claim is that billions have missed Him because it is with inward not outward eyes that He will be seen.

3rdAngel

As I child I always loved Jesus and He has always been in my heart so when He did come again I was filled with immense joy.
It sounds like your getting the second coming mixed up with receiving God's Spirit. According to the scriptures receiving God's Spirit is not the second coming and no one receives God's Spirit if they do not believe and follow God's Word. *ACTS 5:32. The second coming is the end of the world *MATTHEW 24:14; and it will come as a theif in the night *1 THESSALONIANS 5:2-3 and his reward will be with him to give to everyman whatever that may be *REVELATION 22:11-12

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member
And according to the scriptures quoted in Matthew 24:24 one of the signs of the end of the world and the second coming of Christ is many false Christs and false prophets will appear to deceive many. You did not read the scriptures provided did you.

There were many, many false messiahs and false prophets .. Israel had schools for prophets from the time of Samuel.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
It sounds like your getting the second coming mixed up with receiving God's Spirit. According to the scriptures receiving God's Spirit is not the second coming and no one receives God's Spirit if they do not believe and follow God's Word. *ACTS 5:32. The second coming is the end of the world *MATTHEW 24:14; and it will come as a theif in the night *1 THESSALONIANS 5:2-3 and his reward will be with him to give to everyman whatever that may be *REVELATION 22:11-12

Not at all. I know Christ and it was Him I saw return. He said to watch and great indeed was my reward for watching.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

There were many, many false messiahs and false prophets .. Israel had schools for prophets from the time of Samuel.

Indeed but according to Matthew 24:11-14 is specific to the end of the world and the second coming