• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What will Christ look like?

Watchmen

Premium Member
For those who believe in the second coming of Jesus Christ (I don’t), what do you think he will physically look like? Hair, skin color, clothing, etc.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I imagine he'd look Middle Eastern...

Average height, slim but not skinny

Groomed facial hair, but not a long beard - the hair on his head cut short

I imagine he'd wear white modern clothes, white as that is how he is most often portrayed in Christian art

And that he'd wear sandals too!

That's the picture I have of him

danieldemol

Premium Member
For those who believe in the second coming of Jesus Christ (I don’t), what do you think he will physically look like? Hair, skin color, clothing, etc.
And even if you did have a description it would probably match multiple humans amongst the 7.7billion people on earth?

danieldemol

Premium Member
And that he'd wear sandals too!
All the miracle power in the world and He couldn’t conjure up a pair of Nike Air Max’s, or perhaps he didn’t like comfort.

Maybe Sandal blisters were more His thing?

A Vestigial Mote

I remember @wizanda used to have his avatar as (what I assume was) an actual photo of himself. Also recalling something about "Beard doesn't mean weird." It's all a bit fuzzy... might be best to ask him.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
might be best to ask him.
19.jpg

In my opinion. :innocent:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The real question is not appearance but would we recognize Him whether or not you believe he's already come, is here or is coming.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

Seems an odd question for an unbeliever to ask....? :shrug:

What do the scriptures say....?

Matthew 25:31-33...
When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left."

What did he teach about this and what did his apostles say about it?

Paul, speaking on behalf of the other apostles said....."we ourselves take pride in you [fellow Christians] among the congregations of God because of your endurance and faith in all your persecutions and the hardships that you are suffering. 5 This is a proof of the righteous judgment of God, leading to your being counted worthy of the Kingdom of God, for which you are indeed suffering.

6 This takes into account that it is righteous on God’s part to repay tribulation to those who make tribulation for you. 7 But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus. 9 These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction from before the Lord and from the glory of his strength, 10 at the time when he comes to be glorified in connection with his holy ones and to be regarded in that day with wonder among all those who exercised faith, because the witness we gave met with faith among you." (2 Thessalonians 1:4-10)

Unless there is some kind of physical manifestation, I believe that we will all see the results of Jesus' judgments, but as to what is seen apart from that, we know that Jesus will never appear again in the flesh. So debating about what he will look like is rather pointless IMO. His throne is not earthly and neither is his army. And if ALL the nations are gathered before him, it seems like a heavenly vantage point. There is a flaming fire.....

Luke 17:29-30....
"But on the day that Lot went out of Sodʹom, it rained fire and sulfur from heaven and destroyed them all. 30 It will be the same on that day when the Son of man is revealed."

It will not end well for those who do not "know God" (because they have no desire to know him) or the ones who purport to know him but fail to obey the teachings of Jesus. There is no "hell" mentioned here.....only "everlasting destruction".....which means eternal death.

"And do not become fearful of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather, fear him who can destroy both soul and body in Ge·henʹna." (Matthew 10:28)

Gehenna is a place from which no one returns.....the whole person ceases to exist in that place.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Seems an odd question for an unbeliever to ask....? :shrug:

What do the scriptures say....?

Matthew 25:31-33...
When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left."

What did he teach about this and what did his apostles say about it?

Paul, speaking on behalf of the other apostles said....."we ourselves take pride in you [fellow Christians] among the congregations of God because of your endurance and faith in all your persecutions and the hardships that you are suffering. 5 This is a proof of the righteous judgment of God, leading to your being counted worthy of the Kingdom of God, for which you are indeed suffering.

6 This takes into account that it is righteous on God’s part to repay tribulation to those who make tribulation for you. 7 But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus. 9 These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction from before the Lord and from the glory of his strength, 10 at the time when he comes to be glorified in connection with his holy ones and to be regarded in that day with wonder among all those who exercised faith, because the witness we gave met with faith among you." (2 Thessalonians 1:4-10)

Unless there is some kind of physical manifestation, I believe that we will all see the results of Jesus' judgments, but as to what is seen apart from that, we know that Jesus will never appear again in the flesh. So debating about what he will look like is rather pointless IMO. His throne is not earthly and neither is his army. And if ALL the nations are gathered before him, it seems like a heavenly vantage point. There is a flaming fire.....

Luke 17:29-30....
"But on the day that Lot went out of Sodʹom, it rained fire and sulfur from heaven and destroyed them all. 30 It will be the same on that day when the Son of man is revealed."

It will not end well for those who do not "know God" (because they have no desire to know him) or the ones who purport to know him but fail to obey the teachings of Jesus. There is no "hell" mentioned here.....only "everlasting destruction".....which means eternal death.

"And do not become fearful of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather, fear him who can destroy both soul and body in Ge·henʹna." (Matthew 10:28)

Gehenna is a place from which no one returns.....the whole person ceases to exist in that place.

Em. Can disbelievers not be curious??

Just sayin'

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Em. Can disbelievers not be curious??

Just sayin'

I just think its a bit odd to ask about something you don't believe is going to happen.....

I know what the Bible says...but none of us will know for sure what to expect until it does happen. Does that mean that the disbelievers will then believe? Jesus said it will be like the flood of Noah's day.....how many people took any notice of the warning that Noah gave concerning God's intentions? How many survived? (Matthew 24:37-39) They didn't believe him.....it didn't make him wrong though.

The apostle Peter said......

2 Peter 3:5-6...
"First of all know this, that in the last days ridiculers will come with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4 and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as they were from creation’s beginning.”

5 For they deliberately ignore this fact, that long ago there were heavens and an earth standing firmly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God; 6 and that by those means the world of that time suffered destruction when it was flooded with water. 7 But by the same word the heavens and the earth that now exist are reserved for fire and are being kept until the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly people
."

There it is...I believe that we are in the final part of the "last days" of this present world system of things....but who is listening....? The Bible says that the "day" would come "like a thief in the night".....so no one can expect to be told the day or the hour. (1 Thessalonians 5:2-3) It will be a complete shock to those who do not believe it or expect it.

I think he looks like what is said in the Bible. He can be recognized from his works and words.

For as the lightning comes forth from the east, and is seen even to the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
Matt. 24:27