1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured What will be next?

Discussion in 'Religions Q&A' started by Amanaki, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Amanaki

Amanaki Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,974
    Religion:
    Cultivator of Buddha Dhamma
    What will be the next step in your spiritual/religious path?
    Do you dwell in thoughts about where the teaching will lead you? Or are you at a plateau in your practice?

• Like Like x 2
  2. AT-AT

AT-AT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,358
    Religion:
    I finally figured out what direction I should go, when I studied the revelations of the Baha'i faith
    My next step in Pantheism is trying to be a bit more down to Earth in worldview.

• Like Like x 3
  3. adrian009

adrian009 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,152
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    The path for me is to do less for a while. Perhaps meditate more, and be more attuned to my Dharmic side. I'll just breathe and be. As both Krishna and Buddha are seen as Great Teachers in my faith, I feel compelled to explore Hinduism and Buddhism more.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. BSM1

BSM1 Who's a good boy?

Ratings:
    +7,696
    Religion:
    Buddhistic Panenthetic Jesusonian

Wouldn't you say that a true Pantheist would embrace any view?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. AT-AT

AT-AT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,358
    Religion:
    I finally figured out what direction I should go, when I studied the revelations of the Baha'i faith
    Even ones which end with me in an alcoholic rehab center covered in peanut butter?

6. sealchan

sealchan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,660
    Religion:
    Christian
    I will continue my study of the Mahabharata is one.

Another is that I will continue my Minecraft game which will teach me ways to approach practical logistical realities with grace and patience instead of anxiety and manic urgency.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BSM1

BSM1 Who's a good boy?

Ratings:
    +7,696
    Religion:
    Buddhistic Panenthetic Jesusonian
    Well, yes. If I understand Pantheism (or even Panentheism) you cannot separate God from anything. Even this conversation is "God".

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. AT-AT

AT-AT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,358
    Religion:
    To which I respond, define God's nature according to Pantheists?

All I said is "be more realistic". Or rather, I used the terms "down to Earth".

9. shunyadragon

shunyadragon Veteran Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,228
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    I do not consider there to be steps on the journey (I do not care for the word path.) My journey is basically to seek the universal beyond human constraints and cultural attachments.

This is difficult to answer. Yes there appears to a plateau in my journey, because I have searched for many years by various ways including meditation and prayer, and recently nothing new to add, but I do not stop searching. For example; I use various websites like RF to understand how, what and why people believe as they do. Mainly why people firmly and rigidly believe in many different diverse and conflicting beliefs. The answer does sort of unfolds rooted in the fallible human nature. I also challenge my own beliefs, and try an understand the perspective of relationships between different beliefs.

• Like Like x 2
  10. AT-AT

AT-AT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,358
    Religion:
    @BSM1 has it right - I just didn't understand the deep angle he was coming from at first.

Basically, if we're all God, in a sense it doesn't matter what we believe, other than for correctness and to follow laws.

In other words... The choice I make on this matter, may only affect me.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. shunyadragon

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,228
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    'May only effect me?' What you believe and do effects everyone around you and beyond.

12. AT-AT

AT-AT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,358
    Religion:
    Yes, but there are varying degrees of it. In cases where a person chooses to be more "realistic", which is what we're discussing, it really only indirectly affects people. And probably more affects yourself and your own well-being than others.

13. icehorse

icehorse Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,499
    Religion:
    spiritual anti-theist : )
    For me there always seems to be a question of regaining (or trying to gain in the first place), overall balance. At this point, I need to put more attention into treating my body like a temple :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. SalixIncendium

SalixIncendium सच्चितानन्द
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7,806
    Religion:
    Advaitist Hindu
    I don't think of steps in my path, just as I don't think of what foot to lead with next when walking. Any new understandings will come when I am ready for them, just as previous understandings have.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. AT-AT

AT-AT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,358
    Religion:
    Anyway, I do thank @Amanaki for starting this thread in which I feel I had a little bit of positive conversation - I really do thank him.

That being said, if anyone wants to discuss anything I said here or elsewhere a bit further, let's have our own thread on it instead of this one. People have my permission to start threads about me if they aren't overly negative and where we discuss - especially on important issues.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jim

Jim Nets of Wonder

Ratings:
    +1,331
    Religion:
    learning to follow Baha'u'llah
    I’m learning about Taoism, and I’m hoping to learn more about folk religion in China. Also, I’m thinking of reading a book about the life and teachings for Confucius, in Chinese and English side by side.

I’ll be continuing my efforts to improve my practice of what I’m promoting; to learn to be a better friend to more people; to learn to tell stories; and to help with the growth and spread of healthier, happier and more loving communities. One focus of my practice now is re-learning some devotional habits that I’ve lost. Also, my wife and I will be trying a new idea of inviting our friends to sing songs and read poems together.

• Like Like x 1
  17. leov

leov Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +460
    Religion:
    christian
    The more you have the more will be given to you - principle expressed by
    Christ Jesus.

18. shunyadragon

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,228
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    I believe the lesson is the less you have (mental emotional and cultural attachment baggage), the more you will be given.

'The empty cup contains the most.'

#18 shunyadragon, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  19. leov

leov Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +460
    Religion:
    christian
    Only if concerns material side of it.

20. shunyadragon

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,228
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    I amended the post.
    The Middle Way with indifference and rejection to material ownership, indulgence, asceticism, gain nor lost.