• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What we are living for

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Many people do harm the others because they think there is no God and no God's judgment, after we die. So they do openly harm others because there is no eternal consequence as soon as they pass away.
Atheist express their views as the theists also do. How are atheists harming people? We are not asking people to change their views. Yes, there are no eternal consequences of being an atheist as I believe. Nothing survives other than molecules that make us. Identity and consciousness get erased with death. There is no return. Don't believe what we say if you don't like it.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Atheist express their views as the theists also do. How are atheists harming people? We are not asking people to change their views. Yes, there are no eternal consequences of being an atheist as I believe. Nothing survives other than molecules that make us. Identity and consciousness get erased with death. There is no return. Don't believe what we say if you don't like it.
I respect your religious convictions but I believe that as electricity exists (and is invisible) then an immaterial world exists.
You cannot see electricity, yet it exists.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Maybe because there is an obsession with winning.
I can assure you, people have mentioned they believe I'm too competitive more than a few times. It is true that I can be fiercely competitive, but many times when that is said of me I'm just playing for enjoyment and pleasure with no thought of compitition or winning.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Some are and going so far as to sound like the worst preachers who condemn as ultimate sinners those who won't agree.
I've never had an atheist attack me due to their atheism. Act a fool when I'm trying to explain some Evangelical viewpoint to them, I've seen that a bunch of times (such as trying to challenge something rather than attempt to understand it), people like Dawkins are inflammatory to no ends, but no atheist has given me grief due to atheism.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I've never had an atheist attack me due to their atheism. Act a fool when I'm trying to explain some Evangelical viewpoint to them, I've seen that a bunch of times (such as trying to challenge something rather than attempt to understand it), people like Dawkins are inflammatory to no ends, but no atheist has given me grief due to atheism.

I've been treated quite poorly by atheists and theists over my beliefs.

I assume in both cases it is more a feeling of superiority due to their beliefs/nonbeliefs, and the entitlement to treat their 'inferiors' badly.

InChrist

Free4ever
Seriously, I am realizing that in the West, people are still prisoners of their own desires.
Of their own slight veiled greed....
They think life is eternal...that life is for stockpiling stuff.
Forgetting we will have to leave all that on this Earth....because in the afterlife there is no room for clutter.
Life is something we should not take for granted. Tomorrow I can also die in an accident...and I am not preoccupied with that.
Because I have lived my life to the fullest, freed from desire.

My perspective; things of this life all pass away...

Only one life, a few brief years,

Each with its burdens, hopes, and fears;

Each with its clays I must fulfill,

living for self or in His will;

Only one life, ’twill soon be past,

Only what’s done for Christ will last.

ONLY WHAT IS DONE FOR CHRIST WILL LAST BY C.T. STUDD (POEM)
Only What Is Done For Christ Will Last by C.T. Studd (Poem)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've been treated quite poorly by atheists and theists over my beliefs.

I assume in both cases it is more a feeling of superiority due to their beliefs/nonbeliefs, and the entitlement to treat their 'inferiors' badly.
What I get from atheists that irritates me is they do often-and-frequently claim me as one of their own, even after I tell them I'm not. Granted I tend to talk of such things so infrequently that maybe a few people could explain why I'm not, but they see a part of my views on the Cosmos, views on organized religion and personal deities who intervene and run with their assumptions from there.
Theists, I get a lot of that "at least you believe in something" nonsense. I don't believe in anything like they do, but I guess it let's them sleep easier at night or whatever, but they too are just as confused as the certain atheist.
So I suppose atheists have given me grief. And just as bad in some areas as theists with filling in the gaps and connecting dots that don't get connected. And can stoop to offensive and infuriating lows to claim what doesn't belong to them. Either way it's spiritual hijacking and theft.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I am not saying atheism leads to amorality.

Really?
Many people do harm the others because they think there is no God

there might be those who justify their own amorality (absence of ethics, absence of empathy) on the basis of the fact that there will be no eternal consequences.

Well there you go, you seem to be implying it again?

Soros is one of them

One of who?

I don't believe there is a God. Implying that there is no Supreme Being that determines what is evil or good, let alone that good and evil exist.

Good and evil are subjective human notions. Again there is no evidence that atheists are less moral than theists, why would they be. Also Christians believe anyone can literally be saved, so no matter how evil they are, genuine and timely repentance could see Hitler or Stalin in heaven, and escape the consequences of their actions, for me that notion is far more repugnant than evil acts going unpunished in this life.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
What I get from atheists that irritates me is they do often-and-frequently claim me as one of their own, even after I tell them I'm not. Granted I tend to talk of such things so infrequently that maybe a few people could explain why I'm not, but they see a part of my views on the Cosmos, views on organized religion and personal deities who intervene and run with their assumptions from there.
Theists, I get a lot of that "at least you believe in something" nonsense. I don't believe in anything like they do, but I guess it let's them sleep easier at night or whatever, but they too are just as confused as the certain atheist.
So I suppose atheists have given me grief. And just as bad in some areas as theists with filling in the gaps and connecting dots that don't get connected. And can stoop to offensive and infuriating lows to claim what doesn't belong to them. Either way it's spiritual hijacking and theft.

I find a lot of folks(theist and atheist alike) in our culture have trouble parting from 'this or that' thinking. You're either one of us, or one of them. They don't really internalize that there are myriads of paths and ways to feel/think/be. They have to try to categorize everyone and everything so it makes sense to them, not realizing there are other ways.

It reminds me of a well meaning teacher one of the kids had. She was asking about my son's Krishna pendant, and asked what he was the God 'of'. I tried to explain of Krishna's love of butter, his flirtatiousness, his wisdom and non attachment. "But what is he the God of?" she asked again, and I realized she wanted to equate it to her own understanding of Gods, and was looking for something akin to a Greco-Roman deity and was expecting an answer like "God of justice, or God of fire, God of thunder" etc. I just changed the subject at that point. When someone gets into that pattern of thinking, you usually can't pull them out of it.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Good and evil are subjective human notions. Again there is no evidence that atheists are less moral than theists, why would they be. Also Christians believe anyone can literally be saved, so no matter how evil they are, genuine and timely repentance could see Hitler or Stalin in heaven, and escape the consequences of their actions, for me that notion is far more repugnant than evil acts going unpunished in this life.

No...Christians believe different soteriologies.
For example...I believe that the sins Soros committed are irreparable and so there is no possibility of salvation.
Good Atheists are saved.

Last edited: