• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was your original reason to become a RF member?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I know some people have been members for years, so maybe you don't recall the true reason you signed in to RF the first time. But if you recall it, Why did you choose RF? And how do you feel about RF today? In my case, I signed in because I was in a mood of searching and when seeing RF discussion from the outside it looked really good. But now a little over a year since I become a member I wonder why I bothered in the first place. In one year the RF has declined a lot in what we discuss and how the discussion goes.

And of course, there is the question that been lingering for some time. Why do aggressive Atheists sign in to a religious forum? I don't mind atheists in general, and I respect you're disbelieve, but why choose a religious forum to discuss? Maybe I am wrong, but it almost seems like you trying to tear apart spiritual people and make them suffer???? I do not understand this. Should Spiritual people respect the Atheists but not be respected back??
Some of the worst behavior that I’ve seen here has not been from atheists. Some of the best behavior that I’ve seen has been from atheists. I see love going both ways, and hatefulness going both ways. I’ve seen a few on both sides openly admitting, even bragging, that they consciously, intentionally try to hurt people across the divide, and getting likes and approval for that from their side. I don’t say that one side is better or worse than the other. I’m not keeping score. I wouldn’t know how even if I wanted to. Which would be better, 3 apples, 2 lemons, 7 tomatoes and 4 marbles; or 2 oranges, 5 lemons, 6 tomatoes and a basketball?

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Some of the worst behavior that I’ve seen here has not been from atheists. Some of the best behavior that I’ve seen has been from atheists. I see love going both ways, and hatefulness going both ways. I’ve seen a few on both sides openly admitting, even bragging, that they consciously, intentionally try to hurt people across the divide, and getting likes and approval for that from their side. I don’t say that one side is better or worse than the other. I’m not keeping score.
I have a different view of the RF forum now then since i wrote this OP, I was taking things that happened to serious/personal, and I realized that that was a huge mistake of me.

Reactions: Jim

Aman Uensis

Why do aggressive Atheists sign in to a religious forum? I don't mind atheists in general, and I respect you're disbelieve, but why choose a religious forum to discuss? Maybe I am wrong, but it almost seems like you trying to tear apart spiritual people and make them suffer???? I do not understand this. Should Spiritual people respect the Atheists but not be respected back??

I believe any such attempt to tear someone's values down, in any setting, stems from a subconscious fear of being wrong. When you see someone else living a different life, it's like they are saying you're living your life wrong.

As individuals we need to believe that the life we are leading is the right way. Otherwise, what are we doing?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I believe any such attempt to tear someone's values down, in any setting, stems from a subconscious fear of being wrong. When you see someone else living a different life, it's like they are saying you're living your life wrong.

As individuals we need to believe that the life we are leading is the right way. Otherwise, what are we doing?
I do not fear atheists :) i don't fear i am wrong in my own path. But, i was wrong in making to strong arrguments against them.

Aman Uensis

I do not fear atheists :) i don't fear i am wrong in my own path. But, i was wrong in making to strong arrguments against them.

It's more a subconscious fear I speak of, not a palpable one. Of course I do not fear anyone or their belief, but, sometimes, when I see someone doing something different to how I live my life I feel the tug of judgment coming on. I can only attribute that judgmental feeling to a defense mechanism of sorts, one which defends against a threat challenging my very identity.

It's as if there is an internal battle within me between two voices, "I'm on the right path, why aren't you?" and "Am I actually on the right path?"

If you feel none of this insecurity then I envy you, friend.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
It's more a subconscious fear I speak of, not a palpable one. Of course I do not fear anyone or their belief, but, sometimes, when I see someone doing something different to how I live my life I feel the tug of judgment coming on. I can only attribute that judgmental feeling to a defense mechanism of sorts, one which defends against a threat challenging my very identity.

It's as if there is an internal battle within me between two voices, "I'm on the right path, why aren't you?" and "Am I actually on the right path?"

If you feel none of this insecurity then I envy you, friend.

I think this is why many are so defensive, and often clinging, in that they see any attacks (or even questioning) of their religious beliefs as being an attack against their very being - such beliefs often being the foundations of so many other beliefs. Many non-believers might say that they are on firmer ground since any of their beliefs do not rest on such foundations, although no doubt many will counter that with the - but non-belief (atheism if you like) is just another belief system, so much the same. My experience is the former view, in that if I have to change any beliefs then I just accept this - we make progress and learn stuff, simple as that.

Audie

Veteran Member

Strong?
Try "False / belittling arguments", ie,
that athesist cannot understand that theists
cannot see god.

You still stand behind that.
Fae from accepting that you were wrong,
you tried to turn it back on me with an equally
phony "judt because you...".

Last edited: