• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was your least favorite job?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What was the least favorite job you ever had? What was it like? Mine was teletech. I just couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do. Couldn't figure out how to manage people's accounts. I really can't describe it because I quit so quickly.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Not so much a least favorite job, but a least favorite aspect of some of the jobs I've held was firing people. Occasionally, there was no other recourse but to let someone go, but I hated it. I usually tried to prevent it by moving people into different jobs to see if they would perform better. I was often enough successful using that approach -- sometimes very successful.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Being in the student rental business.
The kids were bad, but the parents were worse....especially those with area code 212 syndrome.

Flame

Beware
House cleaning. I'm not the neatest person around and have left my fair share of shirts lying around but some houses look like a tornado went through.

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
I've only had one real job, unless you want to count doing odd jobs in my parents' factory or running my own little business. That job was hell though. The job itself was fine but the manager was a horrible, nasty woman. There was one time when we were all being held late because of an inspection the next day. This would have been fine but we were only told that day, and we were not allowed to leave until she said we could, even though our shifts were over. She was aware that I don't drive, so my parents were my transportation. I went in to her office at about 45 minutes after my shift had ended and asked how long she thought we would be, because my parents had to work the next day and couldn't pick me up much later. She told me that she had to be in the store at 5am the next day, and literally said that my parents could shove it. I told them, obviously, because you just do not speak to employees that way. My mother went in a day or so later (I did not tell her to do this) and called her out, quite loudly might I add, in front of customers. I got pulled into the office later and accused of spreading lies about her and trying to hurt her, and that I was responsible for what happened because it was my mother, even though I didn't know she was going to do that. I was kept in the office and accused of all kinds of misconduct because of it (not because of anything else that I've done, but because I told my mother what she said, and my mother chose to act) until I was in tears, at which time she told me that everything was ok and that there wasn't anything to be upset about (cover up much?). The assistant manager, who heard it all, gave me a hug afterwards and said that I did nothing wrong, and that the manager always did this stuff, but she was still sorry that she was acting that way.

Tl;dr
I wasn't able to stay super late passed my shift because my parents had to get to bed. Manager said they could shove it. Mom yelled at her for it. I got in trouble despite not knowing she was going to do that. I will not be going back there.

David1967

Premium Member
After I got out of high school I worked at a funeral home for a short time. Worse job I ever had for obvious reasons. Corpses and sad people every day is not a happy time.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Right after I got out of high school I got a job as a telemarketer. I worked there for seven months and I hate it. I will never do that again, I would rather live on the streets.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I've liked and disliked various aspects of every job I've ever had since I was 15. I suppose my least favorite was my first job at McDonald's - primarily because it was not only hard work, but I made minimum wage, which at the time was $3.65/hr. I just made that amount in about the time it took to write this post.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
What was the least favorite job you ever had? What was it like? Mine was teletech. I just couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do. Couldn't figure out how to manage people's accounts. I really can't describe it because I quit so quickly.
I was a bike courier for 3 days... just long enough to figure out that "60% commission" worked out to about $2/h.

Between the flat tire I got one day and my food expenses, I didn't even cover my costs.

Skwim

Veteran Member
When I was a senior in high school our next door neighbor had an in-home business of making her own salad dressing in her basement and selling it to local grocers. My job was to dip a measuring cup into a large kettle of the hot dressing and pouring it into each bottle, screwing on a cap, and putting a shrink-band around the top. For a teenager, or anyone with an IQ over 70, life doesn't get much more stultifying than that. Unless maybe it's something like this:

Last edited:

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
My first real job was working at McDonald's and I hated every moment of it. I did make some good friends though, and it did help me become much more confident in interacting with people.

But the job made me miserable to the point of affecting my mental health.

Last edited:

Shad

Veteran Member
When I was a teenager I had an officer job doing basic clerk work. However as I was "the kid that knows computers" I had to come in on Saturdays to hook up 3 cords and flick a switch so my boss could do his radio show outside the studio (had nothing to do with computers). I had to sit through the whole show according to my boss. I guess 3 cords and a switch needed to be monitored.

TurkeyOnRye

I worked at a Kentucky Fried Chicken for about a month when I was a teenager. One of my fond memories of the experience was periodically slipping on the grease-covered floors.

roger1440

I do stuff
There was a job opening for a guy to do reviews on brothels in West Germany for a magazine. I didn’t take it. The commute would have been too far.