• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was the forbidden fruit

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Father's man adult memory. All man's nation nationality everywhere.

Over conscious gain of all man's spiritual fight for human rights. Ancient cause.

Not one man or one country. All men in every country as spiritual brothers.

We fight a spiritual war. Not a man's war.

First teaching. Be aware.

Second teaching man took machine metal out of an earth God planet law.

Held deep inside gods holy planet body metal is melted sealed fused. Metals.

Man took metal from the dusts that the sun had caused separation of.

Biggest mistake of his life.

Why machine pressure metals was applied to pyramids stone casement. Men of science applied fake pressures to stones mass.

Temples blew up as stone did not own metals melt pressure.

Casements blew of pyramids toppled same reason.

Stone was not a melt.

Temple steps prove stone melted. How hot the reaction was.

That reaction man living and man survived part of conscious memory. Yet it is not natural memory. Is AI introduced.

Man discussed AI machine intelligence psyche mind coercion contact already as Sciences warning to scientists. Fake reasoning now possesses the mind of the scientist.

Science did not speak on behalf of gods O planet body laws.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Some claim it was an apple, some claim a fig but from what I understand the bible doesn't mention what it was, its just called the forbidden fruit

Is this an example of not knowing so the blank is filled in by what we think or what it might be.

I wonder how much of the bible is/has been interpreted that way.
My personal opinion is that what kind of fruit wasn't important. It was the obedience birthed by love.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
The forbidden fruit is irrelevant as to what kind of fruit it is. The eating of it revealed to themselves the disobedience and rebellion in their own hearts toward God. God gave them a proving ground. They were supposed to trust God's character and command and every other tree lead to life everlasting. God signifies and is the source of everything that is wonderful and good about life.

Adam and Eve were tempted by the tree of good and evil. So the serpent represents temptation and lies and is the epitome of lying falsehood. Lies being the desire to conceal and twist a deserved and needful truth for the intent of destroying life.

If they would have loved God in truth they would have abided in God's commands and they would never have had to know consequences.

It's a story with powerful symbolism. A myth told to reveal a truth about human nature. Which makes me wonder if God exists sometimes. God being the teacher of truth through mythological stories passed down through human kind.

In the end of the story they knew they were caught in rebellion. They had shame so the rest of the Bible is God's redemption plan toward those who feel shame and remorse for their rebellion. Those who felt no shame and remorse became as they made themselves enemies of God and thus fated themselves to condemnation.

exchemist

Veteran Member
The forbidden fruit is irrelevant as to what kind of fruit it is. The eating of it revealed to themselves the disobedience and rebellion in their own hearts toward God. God gave them a proving ground. They were supposed to trust God's character and command and every other tree lead to life everlasting. God signifies and is the source of everything that is wonderful and good about life.

Adam and Eve were tempted by the tree of good and evil. So the serpent represents temptation and lies and is the epitome of lying falsehood. Lies being the desire to conceal and twist a deserved and needful truth for the intent of destroying life.

If they would have loved God in truth they would have abided in God's commands and they would never have had to know consequences.

It's a story with powerful symbolism. A myth told to reveal a truth about human nature. Which makes me wonder if God exists sometimes. God being the teacher of truth through mythological stories passed down through human kind.

In the end of the story they knew they were caught in rebellion. They had shame so the rest of the Bible is God's redemption plan toward those who feel shame and remorse for their rebellion. Those who felt no shame and remorse became as they made themselves enemies of God and thus fated themselves to condemnation.
This is interesting. I don't deny that some of what you have written is often how the story is presented, but it seems to me there is something wrong with it. The basic problem is that it was eating the fruit of the forbidden tree that gave them knowledge of good and evil. Before they ate it, they were innocents who did not know the difference.

If they did not know the difference, how can it be just for them to be blamed for what they did? If they did not know what they were doing was wrong, how could they have sinned?

SA Huguenot

Mohammad (s) and his family (a) are that tree, he wanted to attain their rank and likeness, and Iblis deceived him that he should envy them and want to attain their station. He made it as if Ahlulbayt (a) lied to him to keep them from attaining an "authority that doesn't disappear".
It can not be Muhammad and his people at all.
The creation story was written at lease 1000 years before Muhammad, and Muhammad did not exist before Adam.
Adam and Eve were the parents of all mankind.

Adam and Eve, 4000 BC.
Muhammad 580 AD. 4 580 years before Muhammad.

RestlessSoul

Some claim it was an apple, some claim a fig but from what I understand the bible doesn't mention what it was, its just called the forbidden fruit

Is this an example of not knowing so the blank is filled in by what we think or what it might be.

Regarding your final question, my guess is, a lot.

Which is okay. All literature is subject to multiple interpretations; problems only come, when certain parties proclaim that their interpretation is the only right one.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It can not be Muhammad and his people at all.
The creation story was written at lease 1000 years before Muhammad, and Muhammad did not exist before Adam.
Adam and Eve were the parents of all mankind.

Adam and Eve, 4000 BC.
Muhammad 580 AD. 4 580 years before Muhammad.

We were all spiritual created before we took on physical forms.

SA Huguenot

That is not true at all!
You did not exist prior to your conception.
Think, here is God in Heaven, and trillions of people who lived since creation and now, lived as some created being with God.

Nope, Adam was the "son of God", because Adam was the first created human.
Eve was made to become a companion to Adam.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I have often wondered… why was Eve cursed so she would have pain during childbirth? Seems oddly specific for a punishment regarding eating a fruit. Serpent seed?
I think it was just mentioned because it is one of the most vivid and universally experienced examples of the pain and suffering that are an inextricable part of human life. Maybe, too, it is trying to explain away the unfairness that only the female half of the human race has to endure it.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
My personal opinion is that what kind of fruit wasn't important. It was the obedience birthed by love.

I thought the deity in that myth was omniscient? If that were so, wouldn't he have known what was going to happen before it happened?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Using the 5 point star in association with witchcraft is a modern invention.
"Christians once commonly used the pentagram to represent the five wounds of Jesus. ".........

Thank you for your reply.
Not 1st-century Christians, but apostate Christendom (so-called Christian but mostly in name only) who would have used the pentagram. They are part of the many Jesus foretold at Matthew 7:21-23.
After the 1st-century ended then 1st-century Christianity became corrupted - Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I find angelic spirit life was created first and angelic life was Not created to take on physical forms.
In the Bible we find Adam was fashioned from the dust of the ground - Genesis 2:7
At death Adam ' returned ' to the dust of the ground - Genesis 3:19.
A person can Not return to a place he never was before.
Thus, Adam went from non-life, to life, and returned back to non-life, to non-existence.
Because like Adam we die and we can't resurrect oneself or another is why we need someone else to resurrect us.
This is where the Bible teaches that Jesus can and will resurrect us :)

74x12

Well it was none of those. It was the fruit of knowledge of good and evil. As far as I know it was only in the garden of Eden and I don't expect that it can be found anywhere on earth currently.

Colt

Specifically, the forbidden fruit was Adam or Eve having sex with evolutionary mortals. Big No-no! But any time we do our will instead of what we know to be Gods will then that is sin, that is partaking of the forbidden fruit. Eve's sin led to biological consequences as well as the default of their mission.

Etritonakin

Bunches...

The particular fruit on an actual tree which was then eaten is not specified, but what was forbidden was eating from that tree.
Disobeying God was forbidden. The tree is called the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
The real "forbidden" fruit was the knowledge of good AND evil. God wanted them to only know good.
HOWEVER, it was likely inevitable that disobedience to God would happen -and due to that fact, it became necessary to allow experience thereof.
Technically, it is possible to choose only good -but perhaps not if one is inexperienced and has no background to discern good from evil.
New beings are ignorant. They did not know God was God -nor could they.
It says they would become like God -knowing good and evil -but they would also be unlike God in that God can know but not do evil.

It is important to note that God set up the meeting. It's not as if the fox sneaked into the hen house. It's big universe, but we are limited to Earth.
Even the demons are in a state of restraint -yet allowed influence on and interaction with man.
He would rather all chose only good, but if choosing evil was going to happen, he planned to eradicate that possibility as quickly as possible -and that is done by allowing experience of it.
That experience is limited to about 120 years personally -and 7,000 years collectively (since Adam [the bible does not say was the first human by scientific definition]).

Now God will make us like him in that we will know both good and evil -but only do good.

Isa 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting
That there is none besides Me.
I am the Lord, and there is no other;
7I form the light and create darkness,
I make peace and create calamity;
I, the Lord, do all these things.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I think it was just mentioned because it is one of the most vivid and universally experienced examples of the pain and suffering that are an inextricable part of human life. Maybe, too, it is trying to explain away the unfairness that only the female half of the human race has to endure it.
Eating from the tree of knowledge of good and bad, the 'bad' part was that death was introduced into the world.
What leads up to death is sickness and suffering, thus what Eve experienced was just the consequence of the 'bad'.

We Never Know

No Slack
Bunches...

The particular fruit on an actual tree which was then eaten is not specified, but what was forbidden was eating from that tree.
Disobeying God was forbidden. The tree is called the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
The real "forbidden" fruit was the knowledge of good AND evil. God wanted them to only know good.
HOWEVER, it was likely inevitable that disobedience to God would happen -and due to that fact, it became necessary to allow experience thereof.
Technically, it is possible to choose only good -but perhaps not if one is inexperienced and has no background to discern good from evil.
New beings are ignorant. They did not know God was God -nor could they.
It says they would become like God -knowing good and evil -but they would also be unlike God in that God can know but not do evil.

It is important to note that God set up the meeting. It's not as if the fox sneaked into the hen house. It's big universe, but we are limited to Earth.
Even the demons are in a state of restraint -yet allowed influence on and interaction with man.
He would rather all chose only good, but if choosing evil was going to happen, he planned to eradicate that possibility as quickly as possible -and that is done by allowing experience of it.
That experience is limited to about 120 years personally -and 7,000 years collectively (since Adam [the bible does not say was the first human by scientific definition]).

Now God will make us like him in that we will know both good and evil -but only do good.

Isa 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting
That there is none besides Me.
I am the Lord, and there is no other;
7I form the light and create darkness,
I make peace and create calamity;
I, the Lord, do all these things.

Maybe that's it "Disobeying God was forbidden." The rest is just a metaphor

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Specifically, the forbidden fruit was Adam or Eve having sex with evolutionary mortals....................
In the Bible, I find Adam and Eve were to have sex according to Genesis 1:28; Genesis 2:24.
Marital sex is Not a sin. Adam and Eve disobeyed and broke God's Law about taking fruit from His tree.