• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I'm truly impressed: Wonder Woman is by far the best Marvel movie I've ever seen, they've really come a long way.

What's that? Oh... that was DC? That's not good...

But seriously, I love how Wonder Woman punches sexism in the face. There's nothing more equalizing than scantly clad women who stare at men's junk, immediately sleep with them, then fall hopelessly in love with them because of their good looks. What a win for women!

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Saw Wonder Woman today, I loved the character Wonder Woman, the story was so/so and the ending annoyed me. The final battle was terrible and making her a full God not part human very annoying. Before the ending there are some great scenes and battles, the story could of been flesh a little better but I enjoyed it up to the end.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Life Stinks. Not nearly as funny as the first time, and far from one of favorite Mel Brooks movies, but also far from one of my least favorites.

Logan. Was actually surprised with this one, glad Fox stole the chance to end Logan's story from Mickey Mouse, and thought it had a good ending.

Dr. Strange. Amazing visuals (they must have had some power hunger monsterly beastly computers for this movie), but utterly pointless and stupid to put people that powerful in the same universe as Iron Man or the Hulk. Apocalypse being able to manipulate time and space made him a challenge, but not impossible for the X-men, and Apocalypse seems to be a mere candle flam against a raging inferno compared to some in that movie.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Requiem For A Dream - (2000) - Depressing subject matter, but a very good movie.
A Serbian Film - (2010) - This one was very hard to watch. I strongly recommend people pass this one by. *shivers* Extremely violent and graphic scenes!
Logan - (2017) - What a terrible movie. I even checked it at the 90 minute mark to see how much more there was to endure.
John Wick - Chapter 2 - (2017) - For a movie with no real plot, no real acting and tons of bullets, tons, it was quite a ride.
Alien - Covenant- (2017) - Just when I think they have run out of idea, I get a pleasant surprise. Great film.
Rogue One - (2016) - Unbelievably boring movie. It took 3 nights to watch because I kept falling asleep. Boring....

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Harvey
harvey1.jpg

taykair

Believe it or not, the last movie I went to a theatre to see was 2001: A Space Odyssey back in 1969. I've been to the movies since, but always with a date, so I wasn't really watching the movie.

The last movie I saw at home was The Lion in Winter. Great film.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I've watched A Cure for Wellness like 3 times in the last week, probably going on 4. I've honestly never seen anything like it. I was happy going in expecting a shutter island ripoff, and ended up much happier with the actual take on Dracula/Phantom of the Opera the movie was. People complained it's too predictable, but was there ever a moment we didn't realize Dracula or the Phantom were monsters?

Last edited:

Flame

Beware
Just finished watching the 1957 version of 3:10 to Yuma. Both the daughter and I have been on an old Western kick.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
A Serbian Film - (2010) - This one was very hard to watch. I strongly recommend people pass this one by. *shivers* Extremely violent and graphic scenes!
I thought it was overrated in the shock department. I do have it on uncut Blu-ray for collector's purposes, though. But if you want to see something really sick, watch a film by Jörg Buttgereit. His depravity is artistic, too.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Now I'm rewatching my favorite movie, the Return of the Living Dead. :D Next will be ROTLD 3, which I haven't seen in years. I would watch the second movie but it's never been given a decent release! :mad: