• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

Parchment

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Watched it a year or so ago at the only place I feel it is worth watching a movie at, recliners, walk around drink refills and food if you want it (fairly decent too). Lot's of space to move around so no a-hole shuffle as I like to call it if you need to use the restroom and children under 18 are not allowed unless accompanied by an adult- a little more expensive but well worth it. I haven't met too many people that liked this film but that isn't unusual, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I saw the Magnificent Seven with Denziel Washington and Chris Pratt. We had 3 generations the boys 11 and 15 they rated it a 8 out of 10. Me 51 I gave it an 8 for a western probably a 6 or 7 overall. My Dad 74 said it was good and he liked it but the original with Eul Brenner was better. I just saw the original last night it is not better.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I just finished Children of Men.

This film is excellent. Honestly, it's probably one of my favorites. It's really doesn't hold back and it will continuously punch you in the gut, The only thing I can say I didn't like is how it just suddenly ends. I suppose there was no other way to actually have it ended, but still.

I give it a 9/10.

Children-of-Men_poster_goldposter_com_22.jpg@0o_0l_400w_70q.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I watched about 5 minutes of "Weiner".
Ew.
Couldn't stand any more of that guy.
And his sexting wasn't even the creepiest thing about him.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Friday. Never seen it before either. A movie that the Boondocks references so many times, I realized yet another way it references it before the opening credits were done.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I saw the original Ghostbusters for the first time last night.

It was good, but I think nostalgia plays a big part in why people love it so much. I just couldn't get 100% invested into it, but there is a lot that I did enjoy. Particularly the final battle and Bill Murray's one-liners.

Sorry people who love this move, but I think this was just before my time and wasn't something that was a part of my childhood. I'll probably see it a couple more time in my life, though.

I'd give it a 7.5/10

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Dr Strange, I recommend it in 3D. It has an interesting concept for showing magic in the movies. The story is OK. If you are a purist (Dr Strange of the comics) it is a little off but you will get some Highs.

gnomon

Men & Chicken. Watching Mads Mikkelsen play out of his type as a comedic person in a cross between the Three Stooges and David Lynch........Anders Jensen has some incredible dark comedic films under his belt. Danish with English subtitles.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Nocturnal Animals was the rare movie that actually disturbed me. A new favorite.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Based on the Huma Abedin Story, Hollywood releases a retro movie purposely filmed in black and white and set in the late 1940's, where the times and trials of Huma are transported back in time to Mary Hagen (aka Huma Abiden) played by Justin Trudeau the Prime Minister of Canada pretending to be Shirley Temple, and Harry Reid's son (as Anthony Weiner) wearing a Ronald Reagan mask.

The Virgin Mary (Huma) is destroyed by rumor and blamed by her backstabbing boss lady on meds for ruining the boss lady's Mary Kay product line Jump Suits Party in upscale New York.

In the final scene, the audience finds they were taken into the past to see the heartbreaking future when the Virgin Mary Hagen tells the boss lady who blames Mary (Huma) for ruining her Party by bringing along "that Wolfman creature", Mary then says to the boss lady, “I think you’ve had one too many, Hillary, let’s go".

Rave reviews.

Premium Member
Assassins Creed was actually really good, I'm not disappointed. Never thought I'd see the day a video game adaption was vastly better than a Star Wars movies.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I saw "Fantastic Creatures & Where To Find Them".
It was merely OK, but visually stunning.
The Harry Potter series was much more compelling.

I expect disappointment, but I'll see Rogue One.
At least I'll get the senior discount.

Premium Member
I saw "Fantastic Creatures & Where To Find Them".
It was merely OK, but visually stunning.
The Harry Potter series was much more compelling.

I expect disappointment, but I'll see Rogue One.
At least I'll get the senior discount.

I liked fantastic beasts quite a bit, though more in hope for future instalments. I found it better than some of the potter's, like the snore that was Goblet of Fire. Star Wars was much worse.