• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
The extended version was rated R? How?

I only saw the original once, but I know it was more realistic combat, some scenes were reorganized to make it heavier, and entire cut plots were put back in that made the movie feel much darker and more adult.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I got to watch the new Jungle Book, and it was absolutely amazing. My only complaints are I thought King Louie's scene could have been much better, and they didn't have the vultures, and a spoiler one. Not the same song and dance, but it still had Bear Necessities and I Wanna Be Like You, and tragically that scene could have been so much better but Christopher Walkins doesn't have a pleasant singing voice and too King Kong sized to do anything but sit there.
But oh my god it was such a wonderful movie. The behavior for the animals was even believable enough for what it is that it that during the fight between Bagheera and Shere-Karhn really it really got me thinking how my dear babies back home are really nothing more than smaller versions of them. And just like Karhne, they half-*** look before many leaps and sometimes fall hard.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I saw Suicide Squad the other day.

Off the bat, the writing is the weakest aspect of the film. The story is really disjointed in the first act and some of the lines are really lame. I think it also relied way too heavily on it's soundtrack for certain scenes.

However, aside form that, pretty much everything else is good. Will Smith and Margot Robbie are the best things about the film, and the acting from everyone else is decent at least. Even Jared Leto is okay as the Joker. The action is fast paced and fun; and the humor, for the most part, hits more than misses.

I give it a 7/10 and will probably see it again. It's not the greatest movie ever, but it's no where near as bad as people make it out to be.

RRex

Premium Member
"Star Trek Beyond"

Save your pennies. Get it from the library.

The worst of the three "new" Treks.

The jokes weren't even funny.

I think one of the problems is that they gave it the "F & F" treatment.

Milton Platt

Suicide Squad. And if I may say so, I should have waited and purchased the DVD from the bargain bin at Walmart in a few months. Not that I would not watch it, but it did not command the cost of two 3D tickets plus nose-bleed prices for popcorn and a coke.

Scott C.

Just one guy
Suicide Squad. And if I may say so, I should have waited and purchased the DVD from the bargain bin at Walmart in a few months. Not that I would not watch it, but it did not command the cost of two 3D tickets plus nose-bleed prices for popcorn and a coke.

Yeah it was entertaining but probably won't win any Academy awards.:)

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, stars Chow Yun-Fat, Michelle Yeoh (2000, Martial Arts movie) - Warrior in ancient China will try to retrieve a stolen magical sword. Great ambience, scenery, acting, adventures in historical setting. Wonderful! Sit back with a cup of green tea and wander into the mystery and mist of a China long ago and pretend. Fun!

000cf1a487730a95a7aa04.jpg