• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was energy of universe at big bang?

Unes

Premium Member
Actually it would be entirely accurate. Mass of a particle is like an avalanche, and the small "seed" mass given to the particles by the Higgs field is the first snowball that gets the avalanche going, or the match that starts the fire. All other interactions builds up on it to make the particle's mass many times that of the original Higgs given mass, but that one is necessary to begin this chain.

Thank you sayak83,

This passage points to mass contributions from other than Higgs mechanism. In case of electron, what percent of its mass is contributed from those other than Higgs mechanism?

shawn001

Equal amounts of positive and negative energy. But there is no such thing as nothing in Physics. They have an idea it was from virtual particles.

Negative Energy - Stephen Hawking's Grand Design

Lawrence M. Krauss || A Universe from Nothing || Radcliffe Institute

Unes

Premium Member
In inflation theory, I don’t think we can freely separate the Positive energy from its counterpart the Negative gravity energy and produce photon, I assume this photon production requires certain condition. Does the inflation theory predict the possibility of separating Positive energy from Negative gravity energy and producing photon in our lab? What is the condition, or the mechanic, for producing such photons?

Or, vice versa; what is the condition, or the mechanic, for eliminating a photon, by forcing its Positive energy to cancel its Negative gravity energy?

The Positive energy of sun light does most of the work in our daily life. In our measurements we never paid attention to the Negative gravity energy of sun light. We had the law of conservation of energy and the law of conservation of momentum for the Positive energy of sun light. Now, the inflation theory allows production of photons without much restriction, this violates the old conservation laws. With the inflation theory, how should we treat the old conservation laws of physics?

Last edited:

shawn001

In inflation theory, I don’t think we can freely separate the Positive energy from its counterpart the Negative gravity energy and produce photon, I assume this photon production requires certain condition. Does the inflation theory predict the possibility of separating Positive energy from Negative gravity energy and producing photon in our lab? What is the condition, or the mechanic, for producing such photons?

Or, vice versa; what is the condition, or the mechanic, for eliminating a photon, by forcing its Positive energy to cancel its Negative gravity energy?

The Positive energy of sun light does most of the work in our daily life. In our measurements we never paid attention to the Negative gravity energy of sun light. We had the law of conservation of energy and the law of conservation of momentum for the Positive energy of sun light. Now, the inflation theory allows production of photons without much restriction, this violates the old conservation laws. With the inflation theory, how should we treat the old conservation laws of physics?

Our Universe Part 10: Photon Epoch

"The universe is about ten seconds old. It contains hadrons (protons and neutrons) as well as leptons, but it is still too energetic for atomic nuclei (protons and neutrons) to bind. The annihilation of hadron and lepton particle/antiparticle pairs contributed a tremendous number of extremely energetic gamma photons to the universe. These annihilation events are now all but over, leaving a residue of matter over antimatter. These events are explored in a previous article, "Hadron Epoch." Gamma photons now dominate the photon epoch universe. The photon epoch universe is a seething plasma of free electrons, protons, and neutrons. Photons are constantly slamming into other particles, usually free electrons, and interacting with them. This collision creates an effect called Thomson scattering. When a photon strikes an energetic electron, the electric and magnetic components of the photon exert a special force called the Lorentz force on the electron. This force accelerates the electron and causes it to vibrate. This vibration sets up a new electromagnetic oscillation, which means the electron emits a new photon in a new direction. During this epoch, photons are continuously scattering off electrons in all directions and it means that the universe, for now, is opaque because photons can't stream. There is light during this epoch but it is not the kind of light you could see through a telescope. Instead, matter and radiation behave as a fluid called the photon baryon fluid.

Scientific Explorer: Our Universe Part 10: Photon Epoch

The universe was still too hot for photons to travel freely, there is something called recombination in cosmology and after this happened light could travel freely. My avatar is also the timeline.

This video helps explain it.

shawn001

FYI

CMB_Timeline150.jpg
CMB_Timeline150.jpg

Unes

Premium Member
Shawn001,
Unfortunately your posts did not address the specific questions that I had asked.

shawn001

People on the thread are doing an excellent job of trying to explain this to you.

"In inflation theory, I don’t think we can freely separate the Positive energy from its counterpart the Negative gravity energy and produce photon"

How were the first photons created?

None of the theories are breaking the laws of physics. However, there are some loopholes, in quantum fluctuations.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
People on the thread are doing an excellent job of trying to explain this to you.

"In inflation theory, I don’t think we can freely separate the Positive energy from its counterpart the Negative gravity energy and produce photon"

How were the first photons created?

None of the theories are breaking the laws of physics. However, there are some loopholes, in quantum fluctuations.

I prefer asking the question: How were the first photons formed?