• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What verifiable evidence is there that god exists?

JJ50

JJ50,
It seems that your mind is a Tabula Rasa, as th Bible is concerned. God allows everyone to have their own apinions, but The Almighty God has given everyone His word to search out His will for all mankind. In a very short time Jesus will come to earth and judge e everyone according to what His Bible says. No one has any excuse for not reading and studying His word, because He says that He is going to destroy all who do not know Him and does not obey the lord Jesus, John 5:19-29, Acts 17:24-31, 2Thessalonians 1:2-12. 2Thessalonians 1:2-12.
The God that inspired these words to be written, is also the same God that Created the Heavens and the Earth, and ALL things thatare in them, Genesis 1:1, Revelation 4:11. This same God says that He is going to destroy ALL these fake gods, and also ALL who worship them, Jeremiah 10:10-16, Psalms 115:1-8.
This God says that His name is Jehovah, Psalms 83:18 KJV, and thatHe does not want people to worship Him for nothing, Isaiah 45:18,19. This, the only True God will give everlasting life to all who worship Him, follow His son, and give all who obey, endless life in a Paradise earth, not heaven as many believe, Revelation 21: 1-6, Psalms 115:16.
Why would a person not want to worship this God that makes these promises, and who wants the very best for His children???
Because many people do not want to believe in anything,because that leaves them the right to do anythinything that’s want to do, whenever they want to do it. This without regard for their neighbor!!!
Many people, over many years have tried to find something that would prove the Bible is not from The One True God, but have NEVER found even one thing in the Holy Scriptures that has proved to be inaccurate, even though the Bible was written over a period of almost 1,600 years, and having many Bible writers. This, in itself is an impossibility for men, but there are many things written in the Bible that NO human being knew, at the time of writing, such as the shape of the earth, Job 26:7,10, where it is said the earth hangs upon nothing, and Is circular, Isaiah 40:22, plus many things written in the Mosaic Law Covent, about Hygiene, cleanliness, which protected God’s Chosen people, which no one on earth knew about.
Only an Almighty, All knowing God could have had these things written and then protected His word throughout all generations, Psalms 12:6,7. The One True God, Jehovah, John 17:3, 1Corinthians 8:2-7, Ephesians 4:4-5. Agape!!!

Oh dear, I feel really sorry for you thinking that garbage has any credibility!

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Read it through and through-- many times. How on earth do you think I lost all faith in god(s)?
The bible, if read without being brainwashed first? Is an excellent tool to create atheists out of theists.

One convicted prisoner said the condition his brain was in that it needed a good washing !
Reading the Bible can be a good thing, but I find reading it through is Not a study thing.
The Bible is Not meant to be a novel to just read from cover to cover ( Adam to Revelation )
To study or research the Bible one needs to explore the Bible by topic or subject arrangement.
That is because Bible topics or subjects are Not written in alphabetical order as an encyclopedia is.
So, by taking one subject at a time, or one topic at a time is what makes a complete biblical word picture for us.
I am wondering which one topic or one subject you have in mind that causes loss of all faith/belief __________

JJ50

One convicted prisoner said the condition his brain was in that it needed a good washing !
Reading the Bible can be a good thing, but I find reading it through is Not a study thing.
The Bible is Not meant to be a novel to just read from cover to cover ( Adam to Revelation )
To study or research the Bible one needs to explore the Bible by topic or subject arrangement.
That is because Bible topics or subjects are Not written in alphabetical order as an encyclopedia is.
So, by taking one subject at a time, or one topic at a time is what makes a complete biblical word picture for us.
I am wondering which one topic or one subject you have in mind that causes loss of all faith/belief __________

The idea of Jesus dying then coming back to life again, only to conveniently fly up to heaven not long after, defies any credibility. If the chap really did resurrect why not stay down here on Earth, throughout the centuries, and make himself useful?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
As I suspected no one has presented any verifiable evidence to prove god exists outside of the human mind, it is purely a matter of faith, nothing else.

The last time I looked I found 'verifiable evidence that the Bible exists', exists world wide. That is Not faith.
Even though the existing Bible has many enemies over the vast centuries No one can get rid of it. That is Not faith.
Plus, to me 'verifiable evidence is the vast amount of people doing what Jesus said to do' at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.
Nothing can stop this international spreading about God's kingdom government of Daniel 2:44. That is Not faith.
Even remote translation offices exist making rapid Bible translation possible for people living in remote areas so that they can have Scripture in their own mother tongue or native languages.
No other book has that vast circulation in so many languages. That is Not blind faith, but really does exist.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The last time I looked I found 'verifiable evidence that the Bible exists', exists world wide. That is Not faith.
Even though the existing Bible has many enemies over the vast centuries No one can get rid of it. That is Not faith.
Plus, to me 'verifiable evidence is the vast amount of people doing what Jesus said to do' at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.
Nothing can stop this international spreading about God's kingdom government of Daniel 2:44. That is Not faith.
Even remote translation offices exist making rapid Bible translation possible for people living in remote areas so that they can have Scripture in their own mother tongue or native languages.
No other book has that vast circulation in so many languages. That is Not blind faith, but really does exist.
You probably do not understand the nature of evidence.

What is this supposed evidence that you have seen?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The idea of Jesus dying then coming back to life again, only to conveniently fly up to heaven not long after, defies any credibility. If the chap really did resurrect why not stay down here on Earth, throughout the centuries, and make himself useful?

Very interesting thinking ^ above ^. An inquiring mind wants to know. In short:
If Jesus would have stayed here on Earth in the first century we would Not be here today.
God's purpose, according to Genesis, is that Earth be populated.
Earth was Not yet populated (filled) in the first century.
The promise of Messiah coming was first given early at Genesis 3:15.
So, that means Messiah could appear anytime before Earth would be populated ( filled ).
Thus, Jesus appearing in the first century has nothing to do with staying here or not.
Jesus made it clear to his followers he would first have to go away to a far country (heaven) before he would return at a later time. That illustration is found at Luke 19:11-15.

As far as Jesus making himself useful, we are to make ourself useful in applying the Golden Rule.
If everyone on Earth lived by the Golden Rule, then what kind of conditions on Earth would we have?
God gifted Earth to us humans as per Psalms 115:16, so it our responsibility to take care of Earth.
Care for Earth in a literal and a moral sense.
Because mankind has been given the maximum amount of time to successfully govern himself, that now shows that mankind can Not establish Peace on Earth. This is why mankind needs divine involvement into mankind's affairs.
In other words, Jesus, as King of God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44, will be the one who will save /deliver/ rescue righteous mankind before Earth will be ruined. Those ruining Earth will be brought to ruin - Revelation 18:11 B.
This is why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Revelation 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come and bring the healthy benefits of Revelation 22:2 for the ' healing ' of earth's nations because earth's nations are proving they can't heal themselves. This why God will Now have Jesus step in. Now the time is ripe.

JJ50

Very interesting thinking ^ above ^. An inquiring mind wants to know. In short:
If Jesus would have stayed here on Earth in the first century we would Not be here today.
God's purpose, according to Genesis, is that Earth be populated.
Earth was Not yet populated (filled) in the first century.
The promise of Messiah coming was first given early at Genesis 3:15.
So, that means Messiah could appear anytime before Earth would be populated ( filled ).
Thus, Jesus appearing in the first century has nothing to do with staying here or not.
Jesus made it clear to his followers he would first have to go away to a far country (heaven) before he would return at a later time. That illustration is found at Luke 19:11-15.

As far as Jesus making himself useful, we are to make ourself useful in applying the Golden Rule.
If everyone on Earth lived by the Golden Rule, then what kind of conditions on Earth would we have?
God gifted Earth to us humans as per Psalms 115:16, so it our responsibility to take care of Earth.
Care for Earth in a literal and a moral sense.
Because mankind has been given the maximum amount of time to successfully govern himself, that now shows that mankind can Not establish Peace on Earth. This is why mankind needs divine involvement into mankind's affairs.
In other words, Jesus, as King of God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44, will be the one who will save /deliver/ rescue righteous mankind before Earth will be ruined. Those ruining Earth will be brought to ruin - Revelation 18:11 B.
This is why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Revelation 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come and bring the healthy benefits of Revelation 22:2 for the ' healing ' of earth's nations because earth's nations are proving they can't heal themselves. This why God will Now have Jesus step in. Now the time is ripe.

Revelation is a crazy book whose author appears to have been as high as a kite either on alcohol or a substance which would be banned here in the UK!

nPeace

Veteran Member
As I suspected no one has presented any verifiable evidence to prove god exists outside of the human mind, it is purely a matter of faith, nothing else.
Something is scientifically verifiable if it can be tested and proven to be true. Verifiable comes from the verb verify, "authenticate" or "prove," from the Old French verifier, "find out the truth about." The Latin root is verus, or "true."

I noticed that it was explained before that we can provide evidence that God is, but no one is able to prove it 'beyond any doubt'.
The same goes for many other things in life, like the origin of the universe, and life, or evolution as explained by scientists today.

I wasn't aware that anyone said or thought they could prove God is.
However, they are people that speak of Darwinian Evolution as though it has been proven.
Perhaps it is how we use words. Some people may think proven means what we think or believe.
So I think you have clarified a very important point... Christians have faith in the evidence they can't verify 100%, and evolutionist have faith in evidence they can't verify 100%.

That's what is puzzling Christians.... Why are there people that are acting as if only Christians have faith? Why are there people that keep presenting questions they know can't be answered with 100% certainty and yet they have no answer at all alternately other than what's in their mind - nothing they can prove outside of that?

Jos

But as you know, I never included the word Theist in my earlier post, so I don't know where you are going with all this.
I was just curious, thanks for the answer but it's interesting that you've never seen the world 'religionist' before... you can't have an irreligionist without having a religionist can't you?

Jos

Oh dear, I feel really sorry for you thinking that garbage has any credibility!
If God exists and He's a supernatural being then it would be impossible to empirically prove or use the scientific method to prove His existence wouldn't it? Since science deals with the natural and God is above and beyond the natural, it would be pretty difficult to prove His existence through natural means...

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
I noticed that it was explained before that we can provide evidence that God is, but no one is able to prove it 'beyond any doubt'.

What (objective) evidence is there for any of the many, many god ideas?

I wasn't aware that anyone said or thought they could prove God is.
However, they are people that speak of Darwinian Evolution as though it has been proven.

There is copious (objective) evidence for the theory of evolution - certainly enough to put it beyond reasonable doubt. I have seen none for any gods.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I was just curious, thanks for the answer but it's interesting that you've never seen the world 'religionist' before... you can't have an irreligionist without having a religionist can't you?
I had not heard of either. :)

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
If God exists and He's a supernatural being then it would be impossible to empirically prove or use the scientific method to prove His existence wouldn't it? Since science deals with the natural and God is above and beyond the natural, it would be pretty difficult to prove His existence through natural means...

That rather depends on whether the god in question is supposed to cause any detectable effects in the material world. Certainly, you'd expect a god with an important message, to make it clear to everybody...

nPeace

Veteran Member
What (objective) evidence is there for any of the many, many god ideas?

There is copious (objective) evidence for the theory of evolution - certainly enough to put it beyond reasonable doubt. I have seen none for any gods.
Please explain objective, and provide an example of "copious (objective) evidence for the theory of evolution".

@ratiocinator please note, there is a difference between proof and evidence. Sol I hope you are not confusing words.

Last edited:

Jos

That rather depends on whether the god in question is supposed to cause any detectable effects in the material world. Certainly, you'd expect a god with an important message, to make it clear to everybody...
Well the Judeo-Christian deity is an intervening deity who's heavily invested in human affairs so there should be detectable effects. Wouldn't healings, personal experiences, visions etc be examples of detectable effects?