• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What verifiable evidence is there that god exists?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
And you were doing so good. We could only verify that God exists if the amount of evidence was enough to convince a reasonable person. So far no verifiable evidence has been given. One piece of verifiable evidence would not be "proof" in almost any court case. One always needs more than that.
And you were doing so good....
It is not about how many pieces we have, there is NO verifiable evidence for God.
What about that do you NOT understand?

Today my favorite atheist on another forum asked me to define God so he would know what to be looking for and I responded as such:

"The Bahá'í view of God is essentially monotheistic. God is the imperishable, uncreated being who is the source of all existence.[1] He is described as "a personal God, unknowable, inaccessible, the source of all Revelation, eternal, omniscient, omnipresent and almighty".[2][3] Though transcendent and inaccessible directly, his image is reflected in his creation......

The Bahá'í teachings state that there is only one God and that his essence is absolutely inaccessible from the physical realm of existence and that, therefore, his reality is completely unknowable. Thus, all of humanity's conceptions of God which have been derived throughout history are mere manifestations of the human mind and not at all reflective of the nature of God's essence......

Although human cultures and religions differ on their conceptions of God and his nature, Bahá'ís believe they nevertheless refer to one and the same Being. The differences, instead of being regarded as irreconcilable constructs of mutually exclusive cultures, are seen as purposefully reflective of the varying needs of the societies in which the divine messages were revealed.[8]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_the_Baha'i Faith
Yes, the evidence for religion is not reliable, or verifiable. That is the point of this thread.
You are right, the evidence is not reliable or verifiable in the sense that you define and use these terms.
And if God existed there is no reason that his existence could not be verified. You once again are claiming in essence that God plays hide and seek.
There is one good reason why the existence of God cannot be verified --- God does not want it to be verified, not the way you and other atheists want it to be verified. God wants us to know of His existence through His Messengers, why else would He send them? He also sends them to bring a message, and teachings and laws we are to adhere to, but that is secondary to knowing that God exists, because why would we obey a God we do not know exists?

“The beginning of all things is the knowledge of God, and the end of all things is strict observance of whatsoever hath been sent down from the empyrean of the Divine Will that pervadeth all that is in the heavens and all that is on the earth.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 5

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And you were doing so good....
It is not about how many pieces we have, there is NO verifiable evidence for God.
What about that do you NOT understand?

I understand that very well. It is why a belief in a God is irrational.

+

Today my favorite atheist on another forum asked me to define God so he would know what to be looking for and I responded as such:

"The Bahá'í view of God is essentially monotheistic. God is the imperishable, uncreated being who is the source of all existence.[1] He is described as "a personal God, unknowable, inaccessible, the source of all Revelation, eternal, omniscient, omnipresent and almighty".[2][3] Though transcendent and inaccessible directly, his image is reflected in his creation......

The Bahá'í teachings state that there is only one God and that his essence is absolutely inaccessible from the physical realm of existence and that, therefore, his reality is completely unknowable. Thus, all of humanity's conceptions of God which have been derived throughout history are mere manifestations of the human mind and not at all reflective of the nature of God's essence......

Although human cultures and religions differ on their conceptions of God and his nature, Bahá'ís believe they nevertheless refer to one and the same Being. The differences, instead of being regarded as irreconcilable constructs of mutually exclusive cultures, are seen as purposefully reflective of the varying needs of the societies in which the divine messages were revealed.[8]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_the_Baha'i Faith

You are right, the evidence is not reliable or verifiable in the sense that you define and use these terms.

There is one good reason why the existence of God cannot be verified --- God does not want it to be verified, not the way you and other atheists want it to be verified. God wants us to know of His existence through His Messengers, why else would He send them? He also sends them to bring a message, and teachings and laws we are to adhere to, but that is secondary to knowing that God exists, because why would we obey a God we do not know exists?

“The beginning of all things is the knowledge of God, and the end of all things is strict observance of whatsoever hath been sent down from the empyrean of the Divine Will that pervadeth all that is in the heavens and all that is on the earth.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 5

And once again you claim that God is evil since he plays hide and seek.

You made two points. It is irrational to believe in God and if he does exist he is evil. Well done!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I understand that very well. It is why a belief in a God is irrational.
Irrational for you. But not irrational for me and others because we do not NEED what you need.
And once again you claim that God is evil since he plays hide and seek.

You made two points. It is irrational to believe in God and if he does exist he is evil. Well done!
God is not hiding because God reveals as much of Himself as He wants us to know, through His Messengers....

Essentially what you are saying is that God is evil because God does not DO what I want Him to DO.
Well done!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Irrational for you. But not irrational for me and others because we do not NEED what you need

Irrational for any rational thinker. You are not thinking rationally. Your inability to support your beliefs tell us as much.

God is not hiding because God reveals as much of Himself as He wants us to know, through His Messengers....

Essentially what you are saying is that God is evil because God does not DO what I want Him to DO.
Well done!

So you are back to claiming that God is evil since he is petty. And no, I am not saying that God is evil because he does not do what I want him to do. I call your version, an obvious false version, of God evil because you claim that he does evil actions. You are the one that keeps claiming that he plays hide and go seek. I can quote your posts and show you where you made that claim.

There is nothing terribly wrong in believing in a God, but it is wrong to mischaracterize one's God and one's reasons for belief.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Irrational for any rational thinker. You are not thinking rationally. Your inability to support your beliefs tell us as much.
I am a rational thinker. My inability to prove God exists has nothing to do with rational. I do not need proof to know.
So you are back to claiming that God is evil since he is petty. And no, I am not saying that God is evil because he does not do what I want him to do.
I never said God is petty or evil.
I call your version, an obvious false version, of God evil because you claim that he does evil actions. You are the one that keeps claiming that he plays hide and go seek. I can quote your posts and show you where you made that claim.
I never claimed God does evil actions.
God hides His Essence but God does not hide the fact that He exists or His attributes or His will for humans. We can know that through seeking His Messengers.

What is evil about not revealing all of oneself? Am I evil because I do not tell you everything about myself?
There is nothing terribly wrong in believing in a God, but it is wrong to mischaracterize one's God and one's reasons for belief.
I never did that. I was always forthcoming.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am a rational thinker. My inability to prove God exists has nothing to do with rational. I do not need proof to know.

I never said God is petty or evil.

I never claimed God does evil actions.
God hides His Essence but God does not hide the fact that He exists or His attributes or His will for humans. We can know that through seeking His Messengers.

What is evil about not revealing all of oneself? Am I evil because I do not tell you everything about myself?

I never did that. I was always forthcoming.
Every irrational thinker makes the same claim. The way that we judge whether a belief is rational or not is if the believer can find a rational, and this almost always means evidence based, justification for their beliefs. When one admits to a lack of evidence one is admitting that their beliefs are not rational.

And not understanding the difference between knowing and believing is also an indicator of irrationality.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Every irrational thinker makes the same claim. The way that we judge whether a belief is rational or not is if the believer can find a rational, and this almost always means evidence based, justification for their beliefs. When one admits to a lack of evidence one is admitting that their beliefs are not rational.

And not understanding the difference between knowing and believing is also an indicator of irrationality.
I never said I do not have evidence. I said I have evidence. Sorry you don't like it.
I know the difference between believing and knowing. I believe and I know. How I know is not something you can understand.

You do not determine who is rational. You just think you do.

JJ50

I never said I do not have evidence. I said I have evidence. Sorry you don't like it.
I know the difference between believing and knowing. I believe and I know. How I know is not something you can understand.

You do not determine who is rational. You just think you do.

You don't know, you only believe. You might believe you have evidence but have not produced any which can be verified.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Threats? Oh My.
If atheists believed your horrific threats of torture, at the hands of your terror-god?
They wouldn't be atheists, would they?

To me ' surprise ' is Not a threat, but a surprising realization that 'what was written, has come to pass '.
There will be global justice for right-hearted people of Earth.
What do you find as a 'torture threat' found at Revelation 22:2 ____________
Revelation's grand climax is: paradise restored, Not horrific terror. Terror is man's doing.
As Psalms 46:9 says it is God who will bring an end to war from one end of the Earth to the other end.
That is Not terror, but that is coming world wide Peace on Earth.
In Eden there was No sickness, there was No death.
Mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' for the 'healing' of earth's nations.
Earth and it's people will be robust as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.
What kind of a threat is that!, but it is a promise. God's promise to Abraham fulfilled - Genesis 22:18;18:18;12:3.
We are all invited to pray the prayer of Revelation 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come, and bring those beautiful peaceful paradisical conditions to Earth for us.
However, No one is being forced to want to live under Christ's governmental rule.
That is why it's those causing ruin to Earth who will be brought to ruin - Revelation 11:18 B.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You don't know, you only believe. You might believe you have evidence but have not produced any which can be verified.

To me the daily world-wide news is: evidence.
Most people say they want Peace on Earth, so why then is there Not more Peace on Earth___________
Mankind's history over many centuries has proven that man can't establish Peace on Earth.
Sure, they can say, "Peace and Safety..." but such a saying, of "Peace and Security..." will only prove to be the precursor to the coming great tribulation as mentioned at Revelation 7:14.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The Biblical god raises the dead. So he is fake. :)

I am wondering if you would like to re-word the ^ above ^ to read, " and will raise the dead..."
The reason I used the ' future tense ' of "will raise" is because the 'future tense' is used at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection....
It does make we wonder if you were a Bible reader or studied the Bible.
God gave the 'job of judging' to His Son Jesus as per John 5:22.
Plus, the 'job of resurrecting' is also Given to Jesus - Revelation 1:18.
That future resurrecting takes place future during Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe and I know God exists. There is verifiable evidence that supports what I believe but there is no verifiable evidence for God because God does not want to be verified. God only wants us to know Him and love Him.

I am of the opinion that the Biblical god is a human creation, I have not seen any evidence to suggest otherwise. If god really exists why does it hide away, instead of revealing itself to all humanity in a way that is indisputable?

Anything related to future telling. Prophecy and foreshadow. The problem is that this requires studying history and people are too lazy. Also dont get caught up in premellenialism it messes the whole bible up. The issue with other miracles is they have to keep happening kind of like giving a girl money/ jewelry so she sticks around

Bob the Unbeliever

To me ' surprise ' is Not a threat, but a surprising realization that 'what was written, has come to pass '.
There will be global justice for right-hearted people of Earth.
What do you find as a 'torture threat' found at Revelation 22:2 ____________
Revelation's grand climax is: paradise restored, Not horrific terror. Terror is man's doing.
As Psalms 46:9 says it is God who will bring an end to war from one end of the Earth to the other end.
That is Not terror, but that is coming world wide Peace on Earth.
In Eden there was No sickness, there was No death.
Mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' for the 'healing' of earth's nations.
Earth and it's people will be robust as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.
What kind of a threat is that!, but it is a promise. God's promise to Abraham fulfilled - Genesis 22:18;18:18;12:3.
We are all invited to pray the prayer of Revelation 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come, and bring those beautiful peaceful paradisical conditions to Earth for us.
However, No one is being forced to want to live under Christ's governmental rule.
That is why it's those causing ruin to Earth who will be brought to ruin - Revelation 11:18 B.
laugh harder.jpg