• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What type of existence will we have in the present Heaven before the Resurrection, and afterward?

GMV23

No one ever talks about what Heaven will be like before the resurrection of our bodies. If we will be just spirits without a physical body until it's resurrected, how will we be able to, for example, eat in the current Heaven? I don't think we can do what we can now without a body, so we will have to wait until then to enjoy a better existence in the New Heaven which will come to Earth as the New Jerusalem? What will we be able to do in the meantime after death? And why must both heavens be so different from what we now know in this life except for sin? I've heard of some things that people enjoy now won't likely be there. Sin I can understand won't be there, of course. Yet why would God make anything good here to just discard or even replace it after this life?

Not sure I understand the reasoning here, "Heaven before the resurrection of our bodies".
I understand heaven to be all the space from earth upwards and into the heavens, pritty much all we can see and can not see (air).
I think that when we leave these bodies we will receive a ressurected body, and maybe we get to fly around the galaxy, maybe HEAVEN is a planet somewhere and the righteous get to go there. As for new jerusalem I do not beleive it is a phisical city that descends from the sky, but comes out of man in that maybe one day they will build it. I understand there will always be a earth and the righteous will inherit it. As for sin well, I think there is a judgement with God and that not all will be going to the same place, know what I mean like.

Vultar

From my experience, everyone goes to the same place. It is quite different from what you know, you don't need to eat, sleep etc. You have different senses so it is difficult to relate to the earthly world for an explaination. Time is also quite different (minutes feel like years)

ankarali

According to islam when we dye our spirits and our body separated and we continus to live via ous spirits until the doomsday. After doomsday the universe and all kind of creatures are dead. By God's (Allah)'s order all creatures will be recreated with their bodies. Therefore in the heaven or in the hell we will have our body but a body who doesnt need to sleep.

EnochSDP

From my experience, everyone goes to the same place. It is quite different from what you know, you don't need to eat, sleep etc. You have different senses so it is difficult to relate to the earthly world for an explaination. Time is also quite different (minutes feel like years)
Not everyone goes to the same place.hell.heaven,and some will have more mansions than others by thier works.
also(years will seem like minutes)not the other way.

EnochSDP

This knowledge is unclear.
We could be in a spiritual sleep then reserrected.We could be in our spiritual form in heaven.Or we could still remain on earth as spirits(with some purpose)as demons have thier own to.
This knowledge is unclear.
Im sure that at some points that hints of reuse of spirits are talked about in the Bible as John the Baptist was called elijah.
and elijah and enoch will return in the last days as prophets.
I think maybe we give spitirual guidance unto men still on earth in some way with higher angels and men that before us.
Idk im just throughing thoughts out there.
I think we are all together with heaven and hell.We all are in multiple diminsions.God is in all and more than we know.Hell is in one.and it seems alot of demons and people in hell are still able to use these diminsions.We are in three.God is in 12 or more.Demons would be atleast in 4.Maybe according to your works and power or abilities given determines how many diminsions you can access.