• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What traits do you respect?

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
***-Devotion to God(s)
-Loyalty to loved ones
-Ambition
-Willpower
-Military service
-Physical fitness
-Sharp instincts
*-Excelling at Creation
*-Excelling at Destruction
-A significant understanding of human Nature (Wisdom)
-Being strategic and tactical
-Talent honed over many years
***-Dedicating one’s heart to their dream

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Honesty, integrity, compassion, empathy and cleanliness.

Anything else is just people

janesix

When you come to know people, what things about them cause you to come to respect them? What, personally, do you admire in people?

For me, a big one is a good work ethic. If people take things seriously and to care about what they do... I respect that.

Another thing is when people are able to reassess their understandings and come to new conclusions. It's truly a rare thing to see in this day and age, and when I see people actually challenging themselves... I have to respect that, too. Even if I don't always agree with the conclusions they draw. :)

What about you guys? What causes you to come to respect a person?
Courage, responsibility,empathy

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Honesty and integrity.

ETA: I reading some of the responses here, I think some are conflating respect with admiration. I can respect someone without liking them. Although there are many other traits I could list that are conducive with admiration, that's not what you asked here.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
When you come to know people, what things about them cause you to come to respect them? What, personally, do you admire in people?

For me, a big one is a good work ethic. If people take things seriously and to care about what they do... I respect that.

Another thing is when people are able to reassess their understandings and come to new conclusions. It's truly a rare thing to see in this day and age, and when I see people actually challenging themselves... I have to respect that, too. Even if I don't always agree with the conclusions they draw. :)

Honor
Loyalty
Piety
Empathy
Wisdom
Intelligence
Open-mindedness
Civility
Creative ambition
Industriousness
Perseverance
Modesty