• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What to expect having pet cats?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Every time I see a picture of a cat online it makes me want one. I’m thinking about getting a couple of rescues. I’d like to eventually take them for walks on a leash
I suppose having a cat is safer than eating sushi, but you can get some nasty parasites from cats including trichinosis. Also they will scratch you, eventually, or bite you or rub their butts on your stuff.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I suppose having a cat is safer than eating sushi, but you can get some nasty parasites from cats including trichinosis. Also they will scratch you, eventually, or bite you or rub their butts on your stuff.

Sounds about the same as living with family, or roommates.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Totally agree.

Back when I had cats I would carefully trim the sharp points off their claws, using nail clippers. It reduces the damage to furniture somewhat. The claws will grow back, so you have to do it again when they get sharp. You need an easy going cat, and please be very careful not to hit the "live" part of the nail.
@Secret Chief

Do you know how to get cats to sharpen their claws more often? Dull them.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Kitties like for you to look at their butt holes. They are narcissistic that way.

Kitties like for you to smell their butt holes. They are communicative that way.

Have you ever wondered how momma kitties keep their little hidey holes clean? If you ever raise kittens you won't find any in it.

Momma kitties lick the little kittens butt holes. That makes them poop. And momma runs it through her system again.

One time we had a batch of kittens and there was one that was not going to make it. It would not eat. It was full and could not poop. Momma had tried but she gave up. So I stepped up! Well someone had to. But I did not use my tongue. I may look stupid . .. I used a warm wash cloth, and though the little guy did not like it, I kept mimicking momma with it. Eventually he began to poop. And after I got him to poop enough he was hungry again.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
318958220_208749534937169_1055841943720462658_n.jpg

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Have you ever wondered how momma kitties keep their little hidey holes clean? If you ever raise kittens you won't find any in it.

Momma kitties lick the little kittens butt holes. That makes them poop. And momma runs it through her system again.

One time we had a batch of kittens and there was one that was not going to make it. It would not eat. It was full and could not poop. Momma had tried but she gave up. So I stepped up! Well someone had to. But I did not use my tongue. I may look stupid . .. I used a warm wash cloth, and though the little guy did not like it, I kept mimicking momma with it. Eventually he began to poop. And after I got him to poop enough he was hungry again.

I had a daddy kitty step in and care for the kittens once. He did a lot of poop duty.

He was the most dedicated father animal I've ever seen.

Lekatt

Premium Member
My family has been rescuing cats as long as I remember. They are independent and totally different from dogs. Yes, they can be expensive and troublesome at times but so are people. Never, never declaw a cat. It is cruel however you do it.

We rescued a cat that had been declawed and was out side trying to fend for himself. Such is a disgrace to the human race. He turned out to be a loving kitty everyone liked. I am so glad we found him.