• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What To Do With Jacaranda

Kirran

Premium Member
So in ordering some Japanese Black Pine (Pinus thunbergii) seeds, I've been given some free Jacaranda (Jacaranda mimosafolia) seeds as a first-time customer.

While this is kind of them, Jacaranda is a sub-tropical flowering tree, which unlike the Japanese Black Pine and some other things I've ordered recently (Japanese cherry, some timber bamboo), won't be able to grow in Wales.

It assures me they are suitable for bonsai, so maybe cos a lot of people use J Black Pine for bonsai they assume I'll wanna do that, which is thoughtful but I'm not sure I wanna do bonsai, and there's like 20 seeds in here!

Any creative ideas on uses for the Jacaranda seeds? Anybody in a subtropical part of the world want them? :)

As far as I know Jacaranda went close to extinction for the large use of it in making mobiles in South America. Mobiles made by this wood can still be found in old stores and are way expensive.
It's a very famous tree in it's original region, if I'm not mistaken.