• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What To Do With A Brand New, Utterly Unique Religion?

RAdams

[Fair warning, this is a most lengthy post!]

I've spent a lot of time thinking about & looking into this question over the past three years, having even posted an inquiry once or twice elsewhere, yet always to result in no real response or direct answers. I suppose the reason for that is pretty straightforward enough: Introducing an entirely new set of theological thoughts...? Well, it just isn't something that's done in this day and age. This reality, however, doesn't abrogate the fact that I've managed to have gone and done precisely that!

My question is therefore as such: If you should have something of an entirely new religion - a set of religious beliefs that stand markedly different from anything else already in known existence; In a series of writings (totaling nearly some 100k words strong at present!!) which I painstakingly worked on for several years in order to ensure they had the necessary clarity and straightforwardness... what should you do with it all?

Now, as for a brief aside...? To give yet another example of my passion for this work of mine...? I have spent 23 days working on this post alone, coming in at some 15-20 hours of writing, reading it, editing to rewrite, rewriting some more, then even more editing! Yes, the end result is a crazily long post, yet I feel it essential to have *everything* about TekARK and my current inquiry as properly explained as ultimately proves possible, in order to obtain the very best and most informed of guidance for moving forward with all of this.

You can read the entirety or just the introduction at: TekARk: A Modern Exploration Into The Divine - TekARk

So one can better understand what's going on hereabouts and gain some better insight into whether this is legitimate and not sheer insanity, I've done two things here: I tried to write out some of the core aspects further down in this here post's quite lengthy epilogue, in section 2, so you might glean the basics and not have to spend any time on the site, unless you're so inclined to read further still. And finally, some of my favorite/best pieces (from said site of mine)...?

Simulation through Christian Trinity: The Technological God's Simulated Existence: Explained By Way Of The Christian Trinity - TekARk

Why Would God Use Inconceivably Advanced Technology To Create Our Reality & The Absolute Advantages Of Doing So: The Clear Advantages Of A Divinely Simulated Reality (Technological God & The Simulated Existence) - TekARk

Exactly Why God Creates Our World In A Simulated Existence: The Reason Why God Would've Created Our World (In A Simulated Existence) - TekARk

The *ABSOLUTE* Equality of Consciousness: Natural Equality of Consciousness As Human Beings (The Technological God & Simulated Existence) - TekARk

Why Bad Things Happen: On Polarity (I Wrote This Just Days After My Mom Died Suddenly, Before My Eyes, Talking To Me. Her Horrific Death Inspired Me To Write This Piece, And I Believe It Turned Into Something Special, Despite The Horror I Was Enduring, Losing My One And Only Best Friend and Mother. I Even Included Parts of My Eulogy For Her In This Very Piece! So It Is Surely Something Special To Me, At Least.) Why Do Bad Things Happen? Polarity: On Highs and Lows - TekARk

Immense Rewards From Our God's Prior Teachings, In The Sacred Works of Many Global Religions: The Immense Rewards As Comes Out Of 'Divine Lessons/Teachings' - TekARk

Supportive Evidence For A Simulation: The Quantum Realm & Double Slit Experiment: Quantum Mechanics: The Double Slit Experiment and Quantum Entanglement [Particles That Actually React To Us: How The Building Blocks Of Our Reality Support The Notion Of A Simulation] - TekARk

My New & Distinct Views On The Afterlife, For Sentient Being Living In A Simulated Reality!
Part 1: The Basis of A Simulated Existence With Respect To Our Afterlife - Part 1/2 - TekARk
Part 2: The Nature of Our Afterlife (From A Simulated Perspective) Part 2/2 - TekARk

Well, then, back to my question for the moment... what do you do with it all now? I've already long since had all of my many different writings up on the Web, then I also pursued the path of utilizing free eBooks at most all literary vendor sites (Except for each of the three being $.99 on Amazon, all because they don't allow free eBooks) in the hope ever more folks might come across some of this. So far, it has hardly done what I'd been most desperately hoping for - and I am now three very long, very challenging & bad (I've almost Died twice in the ICU, in only the past two years alone! One Septic Shock, and then one Epidural Hematoma from an epileptic seizure fall) years on already with this effort, to absolutely no results. People are simply not coming across it whatsoever.

Obviously, one of the biggest problems working against me here is the fact that this is indeed presently a religion of one: Me! (although soon, maybe, there'll be three: In addition to Me, I've heard that Myself and I might also be interested in "subscribing" to such wild ideas!) Even with that fact, I still believe this is something that could be so much more in helping certain folks to truly, genuinely find God for themselves, rather than living as hopeless agnostics for all of their lives.

I've even had a few people read parts of it, including a couple total strangers (like on Reddit a couple years ago, I had a few folks saying the aspects they read were quite good/inspired), and have yet to get a reaction of "This is utterly insane. *You* are utterly insane!", which has empowered me to feel as though there might be something more to it than simply another tired case of, "I'm a crazy person with my own crazy religion that I crazily created from scratch! Crazy, ain't I just?"

The only problem is...? Okay, great, I have all of this done! I've basically created my very own little religion, as crazy as that surely sounds. But I have *absolutely* no idea what to do with that - there seems like there just *isn't* anything to be done beyond that. You either fit within existing religious thought, and contribute your knowledge to an existing "audience"/group, or else you are mired in the wacky and undesirable land of nutty crazed isolation, where you yourself are the sole soul who even knows such a thing exists. (Fair warning: Yes, I snipped this preceding paragraph from section 3, because it fits in both places, despite it being repeated verbatim once.)

In other words, there seems to be no place for a "I'm still searching for religious ideas, and want to see what's out there" Agnostic and Searchers crowd where, if what someone has "dreamt up" is sufficiently distinct yet also rational enough, you might offer those assorted theological ideas of yours as food for thought to those whose personal understandings might just so happen to align with your own in that regard.

I mean, I'd have never dreamt the *easy* part to all of this was the coming up with my own distinct and singularly unique set of religious beliefs, and managing to coherently organize them and then further go about the process of writing them all out into a finished form - one I feel most pleased with; it was ultimately so easy and natural because I strongly believe that I was constantly being nudged by our divine Creator in such a direction as to fully pursuing this, and then further nudged to write out quite specific certain topics additionally.

So, then... what's the verdict? Does something like what I'm looking for even exist? Is there some solution to this dilemma of mine that I've so far managed to overlook? Believe me here, at this point, I'm certain!y willing to try near abouts *anything*! Or am I instead only further wasting my limited time on this Earth, all on something that's a sheer absurdity, with my desired resolution being something that's an absolute impossibility at the present time?

Thanks so much for taking the time to read through all of this, and (hopefully) to offer up any potential thoughts, direction or guidance in this matter! Believe me on this, it is (or rather, it shall be) very, *very* much appreciated.

-Richard T. Adams II

°~~^^^******¦¦¦↑↓-THE TL;DR CUT WRITINGS: SPLIT UP, CONTAINING ALL THE INFORMATION I BELIEVE TO BE RELEVANT AND HELPFUL HERE-↑↓¦¦¦******^^^~~°

1. Summary of TekARK + My Beliefs
2. Why I'm trying to do this; why I've worked on and eventually shared such wildly different theological ideas of mine (And taking the risk of extreme ridicule & outright condemnation for it all - in always attaching my own name to everything I do related to this most odd endeavor)
3. What I've tried to these ends of sharing them so far, none of which worked out or provided any solutions whatsoever.

[CONTINUED]

RAdams

-------***A summary of TekARK, and why it exists as it does***------

Long story as short as possible? After years of searching for theological answers and coming up empty with anything that fit my very own personal views regarding our incredible world, I ended up "creating" my own. It is centered wholly around the simulation hypothesis, but from a decidedly theological viewpoint. For example, one of my most very critical of concepts was the notion that all prior major ancient religions were provided to an early mankind by the same exact divinity, done in order to: Guide us and our future properly; to serve as the spark for widespread global differentiation; and to best speak/appeal to various different cultural groupings of mankind. The reason we were so Created, another focal point of mine? This being the cultivation of as many different individual sentient, intelligent consciousnesses as possible, allowed to mature, develop and evolve in their own world at first, prior to being taken and joined with that Creator.

Likewise, one of the things I'm most proud of having written, and feel it sums up everything involving this belief system of mine to a tee, involves the Christian Trinity as it relates to a simulated sort of reality. Believing what I now believe, I cannot conceive how anyone can look at that idea of a divine Trinity and not see the implications that exist with a simulated world: Three separate forms of God, the Creator/Father on a higher plane, the Son/an avatar for His interacting on this one, and the Holy Spirit/the simulated "program" all Itself, a Creation of His tasked with the day-to-day "running" of our whole entire reality.

In a more classical and traditional understanding of our reality, surely this notion that an omnipotent being requires no fewer than three separate and distinct forms just to interact with His Creation must have seemed most irrational and overly complicated; yet viewed through a more simulated sort of lens, not only does it then start to make truly perfect sense, but it could be no other way whatsoever given the realities surrounding such a simulation-like realm; you could *not* Create just such a thing, and then manage to interact with it with using only one "form" of existence, despite being its own Creator.

Thusly, that's pretty representative of precisely what this entire thing of mine consists of: Merging the idea of a Simulated reality/God working more through inconceivable technology over sheer magical/supernatural powers alongside our much more traditional religious beliefs; for example, utilizing the Trinity to better explain the often convoluted simulation hypothesis.

So too, however, in answering such questions, I believe it also came to be something with an inherently positive & optimistic sort of message: Like in exploring why God would Create thusly, I find the cultivation of as many unique intelligent sentient consciousness as the answer. Along with that comes a message where embracing our own personal uniqueness, individuality and varied quirkiness as we make our way through our lives to be utterly paramount, not just because doing so is the "right thing to do", but rather in order to literally fulfill the very purpose our divine Maker Created us for.

I wholeheartedly believe that we as a civilization are also distinctly lacking a more modernized look at theological questions in general, ones which encompass far more scientific and technological understandings. Clearly, the simulation hypothesis is something that quite a few people have already begun pondering, even accepting, but always only limited to coming as a philosophical or scientific curiosity, not a theological or more divinely-based existential one. This seems most especially insane to me: You've got a new idea that explains just how we were created and how reality itself merely even exists as it does, but it is neither handled nor tackled from the perspective of religious belief or theology? It is absolutely absurd, as one would've thought that would be the first and only way such ideas might be conveyed and explored over time!

To take the Creator out of the Creation is the way the Simulation Hypothesis has seemingly been handled so far, and I most fervently believe that to be incredibly blind and shortsighted of an approach to the matter as it stands. And so, when working with the simulation hypothesis, that's just exactly what I went about doing: Taking that existing idea, which I'd long ago considered to be very, very likely true, and then going further with it by returning anew to the question of the Creator responsible for that Creation. In essence, making the Simulation Hypothesis out to be more of a religious matter than anything else; creating out of it a set of religious ideas centered entirely around that simulation hypothesis of ours, by exploring it thusly from a perspective that's far more similar to conventional religions and theologies than it is anything else, most certainly not favoring a philosophical or technological approach as almost everyone else has done so far.

Being as we are in a brand new digital age here today, I strongly feel as though the time is nigh for a theology that isn't based entirely on a God that Created purely from magic - here, subscribing resolutely to the notion that "impossibly advanced technologies are most often indistinguishable from pure magic in the perspective of those unfamiliar with such futuristic advancements." Just the same, I think that abandoning all prior, existing religious thought as being either blatantly incorrect/invalid, or else merely just outdated, would not only prove to be wrong, but, in some ways, even outright dangerous!

This is why I fervently believe that all major religions were Created by the same divine Creator, God. Therefore, each major religious text is truly from our one true Maker, and must'nt ever be abandoned as such. It is just, they were intended for a much more primitive version of man. Provided to isolated groups of mankind, each with their own distinctive cultures, which demanded such guides for our present and future at the time had certain aspects meant to appeal to such millennia ago forebears of ours, but all remain relevant in seeking out our Creator and it is my belief they should be embraced and studied as such.

Still I simply can't believe that there aren't any options out there like what I'm searching for: If you have something, not just entirely brand new to offer up theologically speaking, but also something that's not completely unhinged/that *is* somewhat rational to contribute to the table. Look, I get the idea of the simulation hypothesis is probably completely absurd to the vast majority of folks today, perhaps most especially on forums such as these set around the context of our more traditional religious ideas. But equally absurd, to me? That it is indeed so widely discussed today, and already accepted by a good number of folks as a fact, yet there is *zero* exploration on the theological aspects of it.

Because, here's the thing, and again, to me - the simulation hypothesis, if proven, offers incontrovertible and absolute proof of a divinely higher powered, omnipotent and omniscient Creator: God. And, even if it cannot be proven without question (and I try to offer scientific evidence in my writings, as well, because I believe it can and will be proven eventually), at least for that decent number of folks who do accept the theory, then that means they should also be grappling with those theological implications - today, just now. But they aren't - no one is. So that, to me, is the most absurd aspect about any of this; not the notion behind the theory, itself.

So I do indeed have all of that just now; having established my very own set of beliefs, in the absence of uncovering anything that "worked" for me which was already in existence, then going about the task of organizing it all and properly writing everything out in an (arguably) somewhat coherent fashion - hardly a simple matter in and of itself, when one considers the great difficulty of trying to explain and explore an entirely different and unique set of personal religious beliefs, ones which admittedly might come across as patently bizarre when first introduced (I mean, not only that we all live in some absurd simulation, but, no less, one Created by a more traditional understanding of God!)

RAdams

------***Why I've wanted to work so very much on and then to publicly share these ultimately religious beliefs of mine.***-------

I'd also like to take a moment to address a question I feel certain would come up otherwise at some point: Why does this even matter to me at all, my "sharing it" in such a way? First and foremost, primarily for folks who are like I once was only but a few short years ago: Searching for questions about God and desperately seeking answers, yet finding nothing that ideally fit with an understanding of this fantastically modern world of ours and all the new knowledge it brings about.

Because ultimately, the bottom line is that I've got absolutely nothing to join or sell here (nor do I intend on having such a thing at any future point!) - I simply have spent several years now working on all of this, crafting a body of work that clocks in at some 100,000 words in length, but have only put it out there as something freely available without so much as a "Please Donate Today!" option anywhere to be found. I'd just like for folks looking at (and desperate for) alternative religious ideas, that they might prove able to come across these of mine, whether they be used to resolve questions all their own or else, better still, instead merely to spark something of a new conversation or debate on the subject. Yet regrettably enough, there just doesn't seem to be anything like what I'm seeking here in existence: A place where you can say, "Hey, here are some collected ideas about God from this new+alternative perspective. Feel free to take a look and read on, if you're so inclined!"

I think I need to stress, however, the fact that I never once intentionally set out to go about doing any of this: It started (and ended) *only* with the fact that these are what my own, deeply personal religious beliefs evolved into becoming. End of story there!

I see another relatively recent post on this very same forum, asking how you can go about "creating a new religion", as though folks should dream nonsense up in a purely exploitative fashion: To gain either wealth, influence or power by making up lies that they themselves don't even believe, hoping to make something of themselves in so doing by most wrongly deceiving others.

For me, the beliefs *always* (and I do mean always) came first - arriving only after many, many years worth of pondering such topics, and then only later serving to spark a realization that, well, "Hey! There's absolutely nothing like any of this in existence today! And, you know what, self...? Looking over the entirety of your own beliefs, it seems like it could be something which proves both useful and appealing to others out there, who might share in your perspective/thought process by finding such ideas to have some merit when it comes being viewed by their own minds/beliefs, as well!"

Alongside that is the realization that, owing to a lifetime of debilitating chronic illness which has meant that I've never held a job so far, coupled with an exceptionally strong interest in certain areas of knowledge/fields of study, I've been blessed with the means to think far more on these topics than any other person likely would have the time to do on their own. Equally so, due to that same poor health of mine, I've very nearly died twice in only the past 20 months alone - including one septic shock episode where I was told flat out that I wouldn't survive the night, and offered last rites/whatever my religious finality entails in the ICU.

Therefore, I certainly don't feel like time is something necessarily on my side here, in this very particular regard: I quite easily might not have all that much time longer left on this wondrous little world of ours, now already well into my thirtysomethings. Given the fact that I do have this here completed body of work on my hands, and having poured so very much of what could be my far more limited time on this Earth spent painstakingly hard at work to finish it all, whilst still I yet draw breath it would sure be nice to see something positive come out of all that negativity from my endless chronic illness, if ever it could!

I really, really would rather this not be lost to the haze of forever anonymity, unless, of course, it is rightly deserving of just such a fate - by being an absolutely crazed and mad set of beliefs to any mind besides my own.

2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2a2

Perhaps I'm completely daft & delusional (and, as someone having established their "very own personal religion", I don't think those particular characterizations are even up for debate!), but in knowing the work as thoroughly as I do whilst having spent so very much time working on it, I really do believe that the finished product of it all has some legitimate potential in appealing to a wider audience, outside of merely my own self. I feel quite strongly that this collective body of work turned out exceptionally well, and that I thusly do indeed have something to offer to building around a still wider debate.

While that may come across as sounding ever so slightly egotistical on my part, it stems only from the fact that I am extraordinarily proud of what I've spent several years worth of time writing, rewriting, then writing some more on - something only further compounded by the realization of just how impossible of a task it was in trying to properly explain and convey to an unfamiliar audience, not simply the simulation hypothesis itself (already a most difficult effort, if ever there was one!), but rather the notion of a simulated sort of reality as seen through a distinctively divine, religiously oriented kind of lens.

All of this, never mind the far more basic hurdle of trying to organize it all into a coherent and understandable set of writings; thinking of the incredible difficulty of doing so with precisely what anyone's *own* personal religious beliefs evolved over many, many years into becoming. It's hardly as though there's some sort of handbook nor guide for any such an effort as this, nor even any genuine recent prior examples to use in the form of some guide post!

I will concede this much: I am very proud of the work I did on all of this, and I believe it turned out incredibly well. I'm also proud of the fact that I came up with it all entirely on my own, starting from a little kernel of accepting the simulation hypothesis, only then to further look at it theologically, until my own religious beliefs stood as such: Something so involved, complex & comprehensive as to be something I consider an entirely new set of religious beliefs.

RAdams

Phew, this was even crazily longer than I thought, seeing it posted on a forum versus my best bud for writing, the exceptional Inkpad for Android. That, and I clearly could benefit from a good editor! Anyways, here is the final part to my thread & inquiry, so thanks for sticking around! We are done now, I promise! Many thanks again!

------***My efforts related to my question - What I've tried so far***------

In so doing, the realization arrived that there is indeed absolutely *nothing* remotely resembling what I myself believe in - all the same, seeing how it seems to be, if only to my own mind, something that comes to make a heck of a lot of sense; and so, that it appears as though it might be something that could "work" for other folks besides myself, I therefore find I have the overarching desire to ensure that this all doesn't simply vanish in the haze of some unknown anonymity, lost to the ether of forevermore in having never been known to have existed in the first place. And I think, after having read just this here microscopic overview of the theology behind my personal ideas, one would, at the very absolute least, concede that this all is indeed very much distinctive and unique at the moment - there's absolutely nothing already "out there" that matches or mirrors that which my own personal beliefs evolved into becoming.

The only problem is...? Okay, great, I have all of this done! I've basically created my very own little religion, as crazy as that surely sounds. But I have no idea what to do with that - there seems like there just *isn't* anything to be done beyond that. You either fit within existing religious thought, and contribute your knowledge to an existing "audience"/group, or else you are mired in the wacky and undesirable land of nutty crazed isolation, where you yourself are the sole soul who even knows such a thing exists.

I rather suppose the reason for that absence of what I seek is pretty straightforward, and much as I already just alluded to: That this just isn't something that's done, period. It either amounts to being something which isn't "different enough," or else it is indeed quite utterly insane (like worshipping aliens and Bigfoot as God, or some such other cultish quackery). I'm sure I could count on one hand the number of new religious belief sets to have arisen in the past decade (or far longer still) that were wholly unique yet also managed to come out as reasonable enough, all the same .

So then, what have I already set about doing so far to such ends as I am inquiring about here today?

Well, first of all I took to putting my now considerable body of work "out there" on a webpage (in the form of a WordPress site: TekARk: A Modern Exploration Into The Divine - TekARk), housing a collection of those writings of mine on the topic, and at the present time, ultimately clocking in at roughly 100k words (I've continued writing and adding to this over the years, as inspiration just so happens to strike me). Then, two years later, realizing that absolutely no one was coming across said site on their own volition, I next merged all those various pieces into eBook format, orffered freely on such more literary sites providing free books - divvied up into a trilogy of short, separate eBooks.

The only problem there is that, even having already pursued those two avenues, there exists no such means where folks might stumble across either of those two options, even if they should be actively searching for answers to certain related questions. As it now stands, in order for anyone to know that my little effort exists to begin with, it seems one must have actively sought it out (meaning they already had been aware of its existence, which... well, how could they? It is a proverbial chicken and the egg dilemma, of what came first).

I've posted on Reddit, Quora, and elsewhere, without any solutions thus far. In the beginning, I even tried adding a comment to Wikipedia about the Simulation Hypothesis, and how it was starting to be looked at theologically. I used TekARK as my source, obviously, and it was deleted in minutes. I *still* feel, three years on, that that was a proper edit, because the Sim Hypothesis *can* (and should... no, it already *was* - and still is!!!!) be looked at theologically; just because I'm the first to do so, it most certainly doesn't diminish the significance of that pursuit having already begun, admittedly by myself there; of better exploring God so much further in regards to the Simulation Hypothesis itself... but anyways, I digress.

Basically, ideally it'd just sure be nice to find a place where folks who are intrigued by the simulation hypothesis and interested in the theological ramifications of that might so be made aware of the conclusions I've reached, rather than it being like they don't even exist at all. Either that, or more generally, some place where distinctively brand new religious ideas get collected, collated and presented as options for the various agnostically minded seekers presently out there.

The fact of the matter is that really, nothing remotely resembling what I have here does presently exist: I've yet to find any serious debate, let alone lengthy ideas about, theological thoughts and the simulation hypothesis. This, being something that makes me feel I have all the more to potentially contribute to building a greater discussion on the matter of divinity from the viewpoint of the simulation hypothesis.

RAdams

Btw, is this the correct forum for this inquiry of mine...,? I see sections on Science and Religion, Non-Revealed Religions, Other Religious Movements and practices, Interfaith Practices, etc.

If this should fit better in another forum, please have a Mod move it accordingly.

Once again, I apologize for the exceedingly long amount of writing - I only sought to ensure that all information I felt was relevant and thoroughly explained the entirety of TekARK was suitably included, whilst insuring one might read only the opening section to understand and respond to my inquiry. (And yes, I am clearly in desperate need of good editor - my beloved Mother served that purpose, even in TekARK's beginning, but she suddenly & tragically passed before my very eyes just as I began this venture from a pulmonary embolism.)