• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What to do next & need lots of advice

IHaveTheGift

U know who U R
I am at a place right now and could use some advice.
I am basically all alone, no friends or family, and the web is my life.
Will just jump right into my situation, (sorry for the huge post)

I once was invited to an Apostolic faith church, they were quite different than any other Church I ever been in.
Everyone shows up about an hour early, they all walk around, usually up at the alter, praying out loud and to themselves, speaking in tongues.
The lights are turned down low.

When the pastor is ready, he turns on the lights all the way, everyone makes it their seats, and church begins.
The band plays songs and such, everyone comes back up to the alter and dances and prays again.
Males on one side, females on the other.
The actual sermon can take on a vast array of directions.
The pastor talks to them as we do to our kids, scolding, advice, finger pointing, etc, he never mentions names, but you know who is talking about.
I didn't go back as I did not like how I was treated, they feel that if you are not an actual member, you are not an actual brother/sister, and an outside guest only.
Poison like.

Two years later or so, I was homeless, broken and and hooked on drugs.
I finally called my friend and he took me to the church again.
I gave over myself to Christ, instantly received the Holy Ghost, spoke in tongues, and felt so drunk that I couldn't even walk.
This happened while the band played, before the sermon even started.
Everyone took instant notice, and I became the theme of the whole sermon, the pastor did not even give an actual sermon, the band never stopped playing and this went on for about an hour or so, everyone dancing, talking to me, and such.
After the band finally stopped, the pastor gave a little speech about me, and that was the end of the sermon.
I felt bad for ruining the sermon and embarrassed about it.
The pastor told me that he lets God do as he wishes and God used me that day, I guess.
BTW, my drug addiction was gone instantly that day, and I never looked back.
Wow, God is good :)

So instead of being dropped off at my broken down van (where I slept)
My friend said that I could come to his house.
It turned out to be a mistake, he tried to turn me into his free live in slave of sorts.
A guy who owned a produce stand that went to the church, gave me a job.
He too, took complete advantage of me and my situation.
My friend wouldn't even take me to car lots to find a cheap car.
No one in the church would help me, help myself, it seemed.
Every time I asked for a ride to go car shopping, everyone was busy.
I did some painting for the pastor, at his very expensive house he just had built.
He paid me ok, cant complain.
The next day, my friend tried to make me do work for him, but I insisted that I wanted to go to a car lot.
I had paid him money by now, so it was not as if I was using him for a free couch to sleep on, but he still felt I was his free live in slave to do as he wished with me.
So I left, walked the few miles stopping at car lots, found a van, for $300, it was pretty rugged, it didn't even have a key, it was about to be junked, it was a repo, they had in the back and was using it for parts.
It ran, that is all I cared about.
The pastor was very mad about it, he said that his children do not make life choices like that without taking it to him first, they are forbidden.
I was to never do it again.

I stayed for a few more weeks, but slept in my van at the other guys produce stand, worked for him, and drove to the truck stop to shower for church.
Was offered to sleep in the spare room, the church uses for traveling preacher friends that come every so often, meaning I would have full access to the inside of the church at night, it was like a apartment built into the church, off to the side of the back of where the alter is, I declined.
I do not take advantage of anyone, and wanted them to know I was not there for that.
The produce guy, paid me less and less, wanted to pay me kids wages.
Work me from about 4am until nightime.
The church members treated me decently, as a brother now, though.
It also was perfectly clear that the Holy Ghost is very present in that Church.
I have yet to ever feel God presence as I did in that church.
It is indescribably wonderful.

Long story short, I ran into an exboss at the truckstop, left the church to travel out of town for side work.
Called the pastor and explained I would be back, in two weeks, he said I was no longer welcome back and hung up on me.
I called his son, and he did talk to me, but in a shunning manor and said that I took total advantage of them, used them, and hung up.
Trust me, I never took a dime from them, they never offered either.
When I got back into town, I ended up parking at the truckstop, and was pretty much stuck there for over a year.
I had almost no clothes, they were stole, ran out of money, but had bought a laptop, and made a few bucks online, which went on my paypal, and ate off that.
The truckstop was kind, and since I sat inside the Mcdonalds section, and used their wifi, to the public, I appeared like a truckdriver, so the management did not care.
I didn't ask anyone for money ever, so it helped them see I wasn't a homeless beggar.

I forgot to tell you that I was in a car accident 4 years back, hurt bad, and did not get medical attention, my back is completely wasted right now, as well as my neck, and left shoulder. (waiting on results to find out why)
I almost died from internal bleeding, from blowing out my stomach, from taking too many OTC pain meds, from the horrible pain in my back.
had to have emergency surgery while homeless at the truckstop.
After that, went back to the truckstop.

I found out that I could get foodstamps, got them, started going to a mental health place, my case worker got me in my apartment, which is government aided.
No income, but welfare, denied SSI, on meds, just had a huge hernia removed.
Just got a med card.
I live off $115 a month, which pays bills and leaves me broke, but I am content with that, I do not need anything.
I have a roof over my head and food in the fridge.
I junked the van though, it limped there.
Rents $18, electric $20, internet $30, cat food for my kitty, and shampoo/stuff for me, and I am broke, but content.
No clothes though, my previous case worker did take me to a place that helps with furniture, so I have some, got some from off the street, and every now and then, someone moving from building, will put up a sign by elevator, if they are giving away anything, got a couch that way. :)

I am not allowed back at they church, they are so scared of hell, that they do not even talk to sinners, which is what I am to them now. :(
When one of them would happen in the truckstop, they treated me like dirt.
The pastor and son included, I think they did it on purpose.
In a way, its best, they are too strict, too pushy and kind of like the WBC funeral protesters.
God is about love, not hate, right?
I pretty much lost all trust in people and stay to myself, tried seeing a new mental health doc, but they pushed drugs on me that made me worse.
So I stopped going, been a few weeks now, seem to be ok, very empty inside and lost though, zero real friends, cept for a few online people.

What do I do next, because I have no clue, dont even leave the apartment unless I am going to store, its getting to where, even then, I feel like I am going out into a jungle with lions tigers and bears, lol
Its horrible.
I don't even think I could walk into another church for a very long time, can not even bring myself to try.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advanced for any help I can get.
Again, sorry for the walls of text ;)

God bless.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Wow. Sounds like a cult. It's good thing that you're not involved in it anymore. But it does sound like you need therapy and a support system so you should look into that. It's not good to be all alone.

IHaveTheGift

U know who U R
Wow. Sounds like a cult. It's good thing that you're not involved in it anymore. But it does sound like you need therapy and a support system so you should look into that. It's not good to be all alone.
Thanks for replying to my thread.

I am not alone, the internet has billions of people on it :clap

As for the church, I wouldn't consider them a cult, what happened is they are so scared of hell, they can not "see"
They will have a lot of explaining to do to God, as we all will, specially their Pastor, he has banned others for stuff.
Like a guy who went there for years, fell and went on drugs for a weekend, came back to try to ask God for forgiveness at the alter and was told he was no longer welcome.
God forgave him, they did not.
Or perhaps they feel, he will take them down with him, if you will.
That is their true belief and as they said
"We are to be in the world but not of the world and that guy was in the world."

frangipani

Premium Member
Hi, I was saddened to read of your plight and thought, but for the grace of God there go I. Your story brought to mind the two types of clothing that exist, the outer clothing, garments of the world, for example a good job, financial security, place in the community and good health. People desire to don these garments to satisfy and comfort their bodily needs, their pride and their need for place and security. Sadly though one can suffer a loss of these garments very quickly. In an instant one can be afflicted with ill health, loss of job and financial hardship. As you well know at such a time of crisis in one's life true friends are few are far between.
The world in which we are born into by nature is savage, selfish and chaotic. In human society God is money. Money is the single thing most coveted, most focussed upon. All organisations, clubs, businesses, charities and churches devote an enormous amount of time and energy into acquiring money. Very often when you become a person in need you find either no help or at best a shallow and insincere approach. Bottom line in this world, money matters people don't.

Now we come to the clothing that matters, that no one can strip from you. The inner clothing, the precious garment not many ever see. I am talking about your soul being clothed with the Spirit of Christ, the true word. In order to find this garment one must first see that they are a living spiritual being, in other words each one of us is our consciousness, that is the sum total of our thoughts. Once we can see ourselves spiritual beings we can examine ourselves further what type of thoughts constitute our being. It is here our journey to self realisation begins. Whether or not one is religious or a believer in something or another, once the journey of self discovery starts earnest prayer begins and it is the Holy Ghost who answers. The Christ Spirit will through the Holy Ghost start giving you knowledge of the Truth about who and what you really are, small portions at first and as you grow in Truth you will receive more and you will want more. This Divine guidance is what is referred to as being fed by the Living Waters. The path to Truth and the salvation of the soul is found here. It is an individual and often solitary journey, but one filled with great reward. The world as you have described it is in fact what it is. However through your life journey here every now and again you will find a true Christian, they will not use nor abuse you. Having said that though, they are indeed few and far between. This world, the matter creation is noise and it can be deafening. The Truth offers you silence and gives you peace of mind and harmony. Once you have found it, taken it on board, become it you will find peace and your fears will abate and you will have a place to go onto when your earthly race is run.:)

IHaveTheGift

U know who U R
Hi, I was saddened to read of your plight and thought, but for the grace of God there go I. Your story brought to mind the two types of clothing that exist, the outer clothing, garments of the world, for example a good job, financial security, place in the community and good health. People desire to don these garments to satisfy and comfort their bodily needs, their pride and their need for place and security. Sadly though one can suffer a loss of these garments very quickly. In an instant one can be afflicted with ill health, loss of job and financial hardship. As you well know at such a time of crisis in one's life true friends are few are far between.
The world in which we are born into by nature is savage, selfish and chaotic. In human society God is money. Money is the single thing most coveted, most focussed upon. All organisations, clubs, businesses, charities and churches devote an enormous amount of time and energy into acquiring money. Very often when you become a person in need you find either no help or at best a shallow and insincere approach. Bottom line in this world, money matters people don't.

Now we come to the clothing that matters, that no one can strip from you. The inner clothing, the precious garment not many ever see. I am talking about your soul being clothed with the Spirit of Christ, the true word. In order to find this garment one must first see that they are a living spiritual being, in other words each one of us is our consciousness, that is the sum total of our thoughts. Once we can see ourselves spiritual beings we can examine ourselves further what type of thoughts constitute our being. It is here our journey to self realisation begins. Whether or not one is religious or a believer in something or another, once the journey of self discovery starts earnest prayer begins and it is the Holy Ghost who answers. The Christ Spirit will through the Holy Ghost start giving you knowledge of the Truth about who and what you really are, small portions at first and as you grow in Truth you will receive more and you will want more. This Divine guidance is what is referred to as being fed by the Living Waters. The path to Truth and the salvation of the soul is found here. It is an individual and often solitary journey, but one filled with great reward. The world as you have described it is in fact what it is. However through your life journey here every now and again you will find a true Christian, they will not use nor abuse you. Having said that though, they are indeed few and far between. This world, the matter creation is noise and it can be deafening. The Truth offers you silence and gives you peace of mind and harmony. Once you have found it, taken it on board, become it you will find peace and your fears will abate and you will have a place to go onto when your earthly race is run.:)

Thanks for the wonderful advice.
I know for a fact that the Holy Ghost is working wonders in my inner self.
I have been dealt quite a poor hand of cards, but from all '5" cards, I have the Holy Ghost as one of them.
Sorry for such a dumb way to explain it :p

I know there are good people out there, I just have horrible luck finding any.
What I feel is going on, is I am a very kind person and people view kindness as weakness.
I have seen a few mental health docts and they can't seem to relate to someone who really never had a true friend.
They just don't get it, no one does, not can relate to how horrible it is to know that when you die, there will be no one there to cry about you dying.

I am in a sad way right now, mostly because my birthday is in 2 hours.
I wont get a single card, nor one happy birthday or anything.
whippy do, life goes on :D

frangipani

Premium Member
Thanks for the wonderful advice.
I know for a fact that the Holy Ghost is working wonders in my inner self.
I have been dealt quite a poor hand of cards, but from all '5" cards, I have the Holy Ghost as one of them.
Sorry for such a dumb way to explain it :p

I know there are good people out there, I just have horrible luck finding any.
What I feel is going on, is I am a very kind person and people view kindness as weakness.
I have seen a few mental health docts and they can't seem to relate to someone who really never had a true friend.
They just don't get it, no one does, not can relate to how horrible it is to know that when you die, there will be no one there to cry about you dying.

I am in a sad way right now, mostly because my birthday is in 2 hours.
I wont get a single card, nor one happy birthday or anything.
whippy do, life goes on :D

Firstly, Happy Birthday. There are any number of 'Good' people, in most cases the 'good' people are good for a personal gain, for example to find favour and place amongst their peers, or to try and please God for their own salvation in return for being good. These people are not Christians in the true sense. True Christians are those who through the knowledge of Truth through Christ (the Holy Ghost) develop their inner being through the application of this knowledge. This creates a significant change in who a person becomes (rebirth of the spirit). This chance is evident in the carnal life of the person because the thinking has changed.
There are very few true Christians, true Christians see the world for what it is and have little care for it, other than to be honest and just citizens while here on earth. True Christians understand they were born in a creation that is not perfect and that Christ offers salvation of the soul to those who seek it. True Christians are not concerned about mourners at their funerals, nor about their funerals at all. True Christians are concerned with growing spiritually and becoming like minded to Christ. There are no last rights nor salvation after death. You are the sum total of your thoughts, it is this that lives on, living thought energy and it must be like minded to Christ to be redeemed and that happens here in this life, not perfection, but the rebirth. If you have enough food, some clothing and a roof over your head be satisfied and learn of Christ and the Truth of our existence. This will bring you great reward and comfort, you won't find what you seek out in the world of mankind. Most true Christians are individuals, don't fit the mould, have different priorities to their peers, and find themselves solitary and alone in this world. people who do have to do with us are people usually in need and they 'attach' themselves to us in a time of need because they sense something in us they don't understand, but it makes them feel stronger, safer and somewhat better. When their need is met they usually depart from us and we rarely see them again if ever. I like to think that brief association has benefited them at that time. Long lasting friends and buddies doesn't come to a Christian. A Christian is blessed in so many ways the world cannot not comprehend. Some Christians do find a friend, like minded but it is rare. Christ is our friend, the Truth our strength and while we live here patience is our lesson.:)

IHaveTheGift

U know who U R
Firstly, Happy Birthday. There are any number of 'Good' people, in most cases the 'good' people are good for a personal gain, for example to find favour and place amongst their peers, or to try and please God for their own salvation in return for being good. These people are not Christians in the true sense. True Christians are those who through the knowledge of Truth through Christ (the Holy Ghost) develop their inner being through the application of this knowledge. This creates a significant change in who a person becomes (rebirth of the spirit). This chance is evident in the carnal life of the person because the thinking has changed.
There are very few true Christians, true Christians see the world for what it is and have little care for it, other than to be honest and just citizens while here on earth. True Christians understand they were born in a creation that is not perfect and that Christ offers salvation of the soul to those who seek it. True Christians are not concerned about mourners at their funerals, nor about their funerals at all. True Christians are concerned with growing spiritually and becoming like minded to Christ. There are no last rights nor salvation after death. You are the sum total of your thoughts, it is this that lives on, living thought energy and it must be like minded to Christ to be redeemed and that happens here in this life, not perfection, but the rebirth. If you have enough food, some clothing and a roof over your head be satisfied and learn of Christ and the Truth of our existence. This will bring you great reward and comfort, you won't find what you seek out in the world of mankind. Most true Christians are individuals, don't fit the mould, have different priorities to their peers, and find themselves solitary and alone in this world. people who do have to do with us are people usually in need and they 'attach' themselves to us in a time of need because they sense something in us they don't understand, but it makes them feel stronger, safer and somewhat better. When their need is met they usually depart from us and we rarely see them again if ever. I like to think that brief association has benefited them at that time. Long lasting friends and buddies doesn't come to a Christian. A Christian is blessed in so many ways the world cannot not comprehend. Some Christians do find a friend, like minded but it is rare. Christ is our friend, the Truth our strength and while we live here patience is our lesson.:)

Thanks for the happy birthday :D
I just need to figure out what to do.
One cant be alone forever and one cant be treated like dirt all the time either.
I am siding with accepting being alone, do not even have the desire for a relationship, lost that desire many years ago.

Again, thanks for the advice ;)

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend IHaveheGift,

Firstly what you need is not a church or a priest; what you need is a steady job to be own your own feet enough to be like any common citizen of your country.
The description provided implies it is not matching the present common standards of an average citizen.

To do so you need to most probably find jobs on farms or something like that which is far from your present location and the job should provide you living quarters and enough to cover your needs. Can understand you are multi talented to take up various jobs.
After that work on your medical conditions of physical nature. Contact Rotary/Lions and other organisations through the net and show them your x-rays, medical advices of doctors and ask seek help for getting any medical help.

Only when you are free from your basic needs that you will realise that God is everywhere, even in your work or your body which needs to be taken care of by you alone.

Friend let us keep your religious feelings aside till you are physically free to work on mental freedom or of choices available to pursue religious pursuits.

Best Wishes and keep in touch.

Love & rgds

IHaveTheGift

U know who U R
Friend IHaveheGift,

Firstly what you need is not a church or a priest; what you need is a steady job to be own your own feet enough to be like any common citizen of your country.
The description provided implies it is not matching the present common standards of an average citizen.

To do so you need to most probably find jobs on farms or something like that which is far from your present location and the job should provide you living quarters and enough to cover your needs. Can understand you are multi talented to take up various jobs.
After that work on your medical conditions of physical nature. Contact Rotary/Lions and other organisations through the net and show them your x-rays, medical advices of doctors and ask seek help for getting any medical help.

Only when you are free from your basic needs that you will realise that God is everywhere, even in your work or your body which needs to be taken care of by you alone.

Friend let us keep your religious feelings aside till you are physically free to work on mental freedom or of choices available to pursue religious pursuits.

Best Wishes and keep in touch.

Love & rgds

Thanks for the reply and advice.
I am trying to make a few bucks here and there on the web and hoping it gets better.
I have too many issues to get a real job right now, or I would.
No car, not one decent set of clothes to wear, in fact only one pair of pants, and they are ruined from painting.
Shorts, I got :)
And besides that, I have hurt health issues, doc app coming up to find out result on my shoulder, if I try to even throw a cat toy to my kitty, my shoulder feels like it pooped in and out and hurts for hours.
I can lift stuff, just cant move arm to reach sideways or straight up.
Its gonna take a while, but I will get back on my feet.
No more freezing out in cold all night long though :)
I feel horrible for homeless people, it was no fun what so ever :(
Prays for them all.

thanks again for the reply
God bless.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
What do I do next, because I have no clue, dont even leave the apartment unless I am going to store, its getting to where, even then, I feel like I am going out into a jungle with lions tigers and bears, lol
Its horrible.
I don't even think I could walk into another church for a very long time, can not even bring myself to try.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advanced for any help I can get.
Again, sorry for the walls of text ;)

God bless.

in australia we'd call you a 'little aussie battler'

someone doing it tough but standing on his own feet.

I would like to share a heart warming scripture with you...

2Cor 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our tribulation... 7 And so our hope for YOU is unwavering, knowing as we do that, just as YOU are sharers of the sufferings, in the same way YOU will also share the comfort

You can find the comfort God gives through his word the bible. Do you read it regularly? (if you dont have one, you can ask for one to be delivered to you or read it online here)

And you will always be welcome to attend a meeting at any of our Kingdom Halls. You might also find some new 'real' friends at our meetings.

Proverbs 17:17 A true friend shows love at all times,
And is a brother who is born for times of distress

:)

IHaveTheGift

U know who U R
in australia we'd call you a 'little aussie battler'

someone doing it tough but standing on his own feet.

I would like to share a heart warming scripture with you...

2Cor 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our tribulation... 7 And so our hope for YOU is unwavering, knowing as we do that, just as YOU are sharers of the sufferings, in the same way YOU will also share the comfort

You can find the comfort God gives through his word the bible. Do you read it regularly? (if you dont have one, you can ask for one to be delivered to you or read it online here)

And you will always be welcome to attend a meeting at any of our Kingdom Halls. You might also find some new 'real' friends at our meetings.

Proverbs 17:17 A true friend shows love at all times,
And is a brother who is born for times of distress

:)

Thanks, I have a NIV King James Bible :D
Thanks for the reply and advice too :)
God Bless

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend IHaveTheGift,

Thanks for the reply and advice.
I am trying to make a few bucks here and there on the web and hoping it gets better.
I have too many issues to get a real job right now, or I would.
No car, not one decent set of clothes to wear, in fact only one pair of pants, and they are ruined from painting.
Shorts, I got
And besides that, I have hurt health issues, doc app coming up to find out result on my shoulder, if I try to even throw a cat toy to my kitty, my shoulder feels like it pooped in and out and hurts for hours.
I can lift stuff, just cant move arm to reach sideways or straight up.
Its gonna take a while, but I will get back on my feet.
No more freezing out in cold all night long though
I feel horrible for homeless people, it was no fun what so ever
Prays for them all.

thanks again for the reply
God bless.

Firstly nothing to thank as am not dong anything to change what is required.
Whatever is been done is all your effort and admit that it is tremendous. Your efforts under the given circumstances is praiseworthy. maintaining sanity and keeping faith in God and taking everything positively is a real gift from God.
However as mentioned keep the church at a distance as God never lived in churches alone and rather it is too small a place to contain that God which is this universe is too vast to be contained in any church.
You are good on the computer, do see that and you are also using that and kindly use it to contact charitable organisations like Rotary Clubs, Lions Clubs etc who can extent you medical help to ease your physical problems as that is an impediment to your financial problems of taking and carrying out any physical activity.

You are already blessed by God himself so nothing to worry; keep going positively and am sure you will qualify all the exams got is putting you through at the moment.

Love & rgds

IHaveTheGift

U know who U R
Friend IHaveTheGift,

Firstly nothing to thank as am not dong anything to change what is required.
Whatever is been done is all your effort and admit that it is tremendous. Your efforts under the given circumstances is praiseworthy. maintaining sanity and keeping faith in God and taking everything positively is a real gift from God.
However as mentioned keep the church at a distance as God never lived in churches alone and rather it is too small a place to contain that God which is this universe is too vast to be contained in any church.
You are good on the computer, do see that and you are also using that and kindly use it to contact charitable organisations like Rotary Clubs, Lions Clubs etc who can extent you medical help to ease your physical problems as that is an impediment to your financial problems of taking and carrying out any physical activity.

You are already blessed by God himself so nothing to worry; keep going positively and am sure you will qualify all the exams got is putting you through at the moment.

Love & rgds

I have zero desire to attend any church, any time soon.
I have learned a lot about computers and some webdesign, if you feel the desire, check out my joke site, the link is in my profile.
I dont wish to spam it here.
warning, its not exactly Christian safe, there are areas such as "what not to say to your lover in bed" "fun things to do on a first date" "fun things to do in an elevator"
No nudity or extremely vulgar stuff though.
Also, if you click through the site, you will find an area with me on guitar and song wrote about God, warning, my singing is horrible :D
I don't care though, the music is decent and the words are pretty good, in my opinion.

BTW, that website cost me a whole $1.17 :D and has make me about $50 in ad revenue. :D

dynavert2012

hi dear,

really your story is very touchable, i do really happy that you are still up and have faith in god, you are a rare coin in our tough world
i'm not Christian, but i do really appreciate your friendship at least online if you accepted me :)

IHaveTheGift

U know who U R
hi dear,

really your story is very touchable, i do really happy that you are still up and have faith in god, you are a rare coin in our tough world
i'm not Christian, but i do really appreciate your friendship at least online if you accepted me :)

Thanks, just pm me your IM if yah ever wanna chat, or just pm ;)