• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What to Buy a 12 Year Old for Xmas??

Circle_One

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. Went with a digital camera.

For the many of you who said books, consider this: My son loves to read, however, he's a twelve year old boy. If he got books as christmas present...I imagine it wouldn't end well, hahaha.

chinu

chinu
Anyone have any ideas of what a 12 year old boy would like for Christmas? Hahaha

TEACH "Him" how to decide a valueable thing for "Himself", as according to the daily needs of "His" life.

"Things are for Man"
"Man is not for the Things"

I suggest to give "Him" the gift of Smart Teachings by Smart Mother as "His" Christmas Gift.

Merry Christmas.
_/\_Chinu.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
When my kids were all about that age (I have four and they are two years apart each - stairsteps!) I bought them a bunch of outdoor stuff - because like your son, they had all sorts of electronic gadgets and I wanted to get them outside into the fresh air. I bought them pogo sticks, hoola hoops, bikes, a badmitton set, a basketball goal and ball, baseball bats, gloves, etc.

Oh, and a scooter - one of the old school kinds. And a skateboard - which started a huge interest in that with my boys, who were 6 and 8 at the time.

We lived in a neighborhood so they had lots of friends as well. That's an important part in all the outdoor stuff.

Oh, I also got them some kits to collect bugs, a telescope, that sort of scientific thing.Most of these were a HUGE hit - and believe it or not, one of their favorite things was that ridiculous pogo stick.

Oh, and I also recommend books - maybe a set of books like the Narnia series, or JRR Tolkein, or maybe Ray Bradberry or the Harry Potter books.