• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"What the Left Hand Path is to Me": a collection of interpretations of the LHP

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
I'd like to directly address the OP in regards to how my Western Left Hand Path Order 'Herald of the Dawn (H☿D)' define the WLHP. I'll try to convey the general tenets without going into the 'how' and 'why' of them for simplicity's sake.

The criteria for the WLHP according to H☿D tenets and philosophies are:
1) The understanding that what religions refer to as God, Absolute, All, etc. is nothing more than a mechanistic process of creation and destruction we refer to as the Objective Universe (OU) to which Mankind has assigned specific meanings to.
2) That each of us are the physical manifestation of our Individual, Individuated, Isolate Intelligence referred to as the Higher Self or just Self (opposed to self)
3) That Mankind in general assigns meaning to the OU through their Subjective Universes (SU) which are unique to each person and can be many.
4) Antinomian practices which assist in the experiencing and embracing of this Self
5) The active participation in bringing the Self into one's everyday existence
Keep in mind that the criteria for a Western LHP is 1) Antinomianism and 2) Self-Deification

I have a question EtuMalko, this may sound silly. But for me the Left hand Path is about tending to resist the Objective Universe such as the way the Objective Universe tends to be structured. Do you tend to agree on tending to resist in defiance at times against the Objective Universe? In my own viewpoint I tend to believe that I have an antinomian consciousness which makes me resist today's society in the Objective world, I may at times consider the antinomian consciousness to be the Black Flame on which I may consider it to be a permanent gift of self realization and consciousness.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Xeper and Remanifestation -- Setian LHP principles of psychecentric evolution.

Xeper is an ancient Egyptian verb (pronounced Khefr) written as a stylized scarab beetle, which in English roughly translates as "To Become" or "To Evolve" or "I Have Come Into Being". We all have within ourselves our own individual hidden truths of being. The path and quest of Xeper is to uncover and to ultimately become the very embodiment and most complete and absolute manifestation of these truths.

"Xeper is the experience of an individual psyche becoming aware of its own existence and deciding to expand and evolve that existence through its own actions". It is a dynamic spiritual transformation in one's life in which the horizons of the potentiality of one's own being expands. It is the establishment of a new higher mode or state of existence. Xeper, like in Alchemy, is the transformation of the soul or psyche from a lower state or base element into a higher state or divine element. Xeper happens. For instance, Xeper happened to me on that day when I first truly heard that piece of music which would inspire me to devote the next eight + years of my life learning music theory and piano technique. Xeper happened to me on that night when I first invoked the Name of Set in a working of Greater Black Magick and Came Into Being as a Setian. In those moments of dynamic spiritual transformation major paradigms in my life were shifted and I was changed for ever. Xeper is that which transformed humans from what we were millions of years ago to that which we are today. Hence, it occurs on both a macrocosmic (racial) level, and a microcosmic (individual) level; and Xeper continues to occur through the re-manifestation of these transformations of being.

Remanifestation is another essential principle in Setian philosophy and the path of Xeper. It is what we do after Xeper happens, after a higher state of existence has become established. It is through the continual exercise and application of the knowledge, powers, and abilities which we have attained thus far to our continuing work which enables us to uncover even deeper mysteries, develop stronger more refined abilities, and establish new higher states of existence. Without Remanifestation, Xeper would be a single event happening. Xeper and Remanifestation, in essence, is the food for the soul; we come into being and continually nurture that being through the exercise of the re-energized Black Flame. This is the process of self-directed self-evolution.

Xeper and Remanifest.
/Adra Melek\

Last edited:

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Xeper and Remanifestation -- LHP principles of psychecentric evolution.

Xeper is an ancient Egyptian verb (pronounced Khefr) written as a stylized scarab beetle, which in English roughly translates as "To Become" or "To Evolve" or "I Have Come Into Being". We all have within ourselves our own individual hidden truths of being. The path and quest of Xeper is to uncover and to ultimately become the very embodiment and most complete and absolute manifestation of these truths.

"Xeper is the experience of an individual psyche becoming aware of its own existence and deciding to expand and evolve that existence through its own actions". It is a dynamic spiritual transformation in one's life in which the horizons of the potentiality of one's own being expands. It is the establishment of a new higher mode or state of existence. Xeper, like in Alchemy, is the transformation of the soul or psyche from a lower state or base element into a higher state or divine element. Xeper happens. For instance, Xeper happened to me on that day when I first truly heard that piece of music which would inspire me to devote the next eight + years of my life learning music theory and piano technique. Xeper happened to me on that night when I first invoked the Name of Set in a working of Greater Black Magick and Came Into Being as a Setian. In those moments of dynamic spiritual transformation major paradigms in my life were shifted and I was changed for ever. Xeper is that which transformed humans from what we were millions of years ago to that which we are today. Hence, it occurs on both a macrocosmic (racial) level, and a microcosmic (individual) level; and Xeper continues to occur through the Remanifestation of these transformations of being.

Remanifestation is another essential aspect of Setian LHP philosophy and the path of Xeper. It is what we do after Xeper happens, after a higher state of existence has become established. It is through the continual exercise and application of the knowledge, powers, and abilities which we have attained thus far to our continuing work which enables us to uncover even deeper mysteries, develop stronger more refined abilities, and establish new higher states of existence. Without Remanifestation, Xeper would be a single event happening. Xeper and Remanifestation, in essence, is the food for the soul; we come into being and continually nurture that being through the exercise of the re-energized Black Flame. This is the process of self-directed self-evolution.

Xeper and Remanifest.
/Adra Melek\

What is kindve of odd in my own personal experiences is even though I do not necessarily view literal beings be that of deities to literally exist. I would always feel something in my own mind mainly subjectively not objectively. I would feel a certain anger inside of me almost every day. What is odd is in my mind I would always imagine or feel literal forces of darkness appearing before me or surrounding me in my presence subjectively. At times I may even feel different.

Last edited:

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I have a question EtuMalko, this may sound silly. But for me the Left hand Path is about tending to resist the Objective Universe such as the way the Objective Universe tends to be structured. Do you tend to agree on tending to resist in defiance at times against the Objective Universe? In my own viewpoint I tend to believe that I have an antinomian consciousness which makes me resist today's society in the Objective world, I may at times consider the antinomian consciousness to be the Black Flame on which I may consider it to be a permanent gift of self realization and consciousness.
Certainly agree . . . that is the Black Flame empowering us

Kapalika

Premium Member
I should note for the purposes of this thread...we all have our own interpretation. We should celebrate the diversity as it means we can cross reference to ascertain the best conclusion for ourselves.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
What is kindve of odd in my own personal experiences is even though I do not necessarily view literal beings be that of deities to literally exist. I would always feel something in my own mind mainly subjectively not objectively. I would feel a certain anger inside of me almost every day. What is odd is in my mind I would always imagine or feel literal forces of darkness appearing before me or surrounding me in my presence subjectively. At times I may even feel different.

In my experience and in the experience of other Black Magickians I have known, is that it is very rare that the Prince of Darkness himself will ever deliberately intervene in ones life, maybe once or twice in our Earthly lifetime. Set, as I know It, has initially given further of his own Essence to us, equipping us with the tools we need to work our own magicks upon the warp and weave of the world, to create and/or destroy in accordance with our own mind and Will. So we need conjure neither curse nor kindness from Set, for through the Powers of Black Magick he will see with our eyes, and the strength that is his shall become our strength, and against the Will of Set no creature of the Universe may stand. So yes, you will be able to sense the Powers of Darkness both within and surrounding you, however, I don't look for Set him Self to be around every corner.

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Xeper is an ancient Egyptian verb (pronounced Khefr) written as a stylized scarab beetle, which in English roughly translates as "To Become" or "To Evolve" or "I Have Come Into Being".

The Setian symbols of Xeper are the scarab beetle (sometimes portrayed having the wings of a falcon) holding up a black sun disk encompassing an inverse pentagram. The beetle goes through very different stages from egg to larva to pupa to beetle. As Don Webb described it;
"Each stage has its own Work, a particular way of gathering energy and materials, particular ways of transforming them. It senses its own evolution and works toward it -- even though the momentum of that evolution will change its shape radically -- taking it at the appropriate time into unknown worlds and new modes of Being."

The Black Sun in one way is symbolic of the way the world is perceived by the Setian Magickian -- in the Light of Night.

"Unlike the followers of conventional religion who possess guidebooks that explain the world away, the Seeker after Xeper is looking for an intensification of his/her own Being so that the world may be made intelligible in his/her own light."

Onyx

Premium Member
Dr. Aquino offered this brief summary of Satanism during the infamous Geraldo special:

"Originally the Church of Satan when it was founded was composed not of people with a hatred for Christianity, but of people who by and large were and agnostics and athiests, because they felt that the institutions which has arisen around Christianity had failed in their moral commitment."

"So, Satanism itself became an emphasis on rational self-interest, and on taking responsibility for your own intellectual and ethical decisions."

A longer description:
http://www.churchofsatan.com/on-definition-of-satanism.php

Reading the Satanic Bible was an important step in my life. Behind the glitz and glamour lies a sound philosophy. My "LHP" is about maintaining the healthy self-focused mindset required to push beyond the status quo in my pursuits.

Under the right circumstances, I can be a pretty good emotional manipulator and try to use that skill to my advantage.

My future Satanic goals include spending more time exploring ritual, improving my health and appearance, and enjoying life's pleasures.

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Dr. Aquino offered this brief summary of Satanism during the infamous Geraldo special:

I remember that show "Devil Worship: Exposing Satan's Underground". Geraldo promised Aquino and Zeena that he would be fare to them, but the show was a hit piece and far from being fare. The Oprah show with the Aquino's was a lot more fare and balanced.

Onyx

Premium Member
I remember that show "Devil Worship: Exposing Satan's Underground". Geraldo promised Aquino and Zeena that he would be fare to them, but the show was a hit piece and far from being fare. The Oprah show with the Aquino's was a lot more fare and balanced.
Geraldo's moustache was taking up too much room on my original post so I went with the transcript instead.

I like the comment though because he defined legitimate "Satanism" in a general and non-dramatic sense that most rational people could probably understand pretty well (assuming they were listening).

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member

I remember bob Larson interviewing zeena and Nicholas from the temple of set and from the church of Satan before. He is rather a strange individual. Ive only seen parts of the interview on YouTube.

Onyx

Premium Member
I remember bob Larson interviewing zeena and Nicholas from the temple of set and from the church of Satan before. He is rather a strange individual. Ive only seen parts of the interview on YouTube.
Apparently good old Bob sells private exorcisms over Skype for $295, and a pot-metal cross "anointed and prayed over personally by Bob" for $100.

That guy is such a tool.