• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What the Bible Really Teaches and the Jehovah's Witnesses

74x12

Some people believe that they were actually referencing Elijah's "going up" in a whirlwind. They were mocking Elisha and saying "go up you bald head". If so; that's pretty sacrilegious on their part.

I don't know if that's true. But it makes sense.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Some people believe that they were actually referencing Elijah's "going up" in a whirlwind. They were mocking Elisha and saying "go up you bald head". If so; that's pretty sacrilegious on their part.

I don't know if that's true. But it makes sense.
I think you are saying that they all deserved to die. Is that right?

74x12

I think you are saying that they all deserved to die. Is that right?
I don't decide that. I believe the Bible makes that point itself. The truth is God will judge everyone. I don't know when or how God decides anyone deserves to die.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't decide that. I believe the Bible makes that point itself. The truth is God will judge everyone. I don't know when or how God decides anyone deserves to die.
But, I am sure that if God decides someone should die, we should too. Right?

74x12

But, I am sure that if God decides someone should die, we should too. Right?
Jesus said let he (among you) who is without sin cast the first stone. How can we cast a stone; if we are all sinners? So we leave judgment to God (who is without sin).

I do however believe in death penalty for murderers; because God specifically left that jurisdiction to us humans. He basically told us to ensure that murderers pay for it. (Genesis 9:5) This should be done through proper legal means.

How do you feel about the death penalty?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus said let he (among you) who is without sin cast the first stone. How can we cast a stone; if we are all sinners? So we leave judgment to God (who is without sin).

I do however believe in death penalty for murderers; because God specifically left that jurisdiction to us humans. He basically told us to ensure that murderers pay for it. (Genesis 9:5) This should be done through proper legal means.

How do you feel about the death penalty?
Speaking isn't murder. I am sure. The Bible seems to say that the forty-two were killed for SPEAKING!

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
Anyway, I realize that I am an uneducated woman and so for some because I am a woman, I can't be believed and for some, because I have not been educated, I can't be believed.

So, I am giving my permission to an educated male soul to plagiarize me. And, please, fix it!
Why can you not be believed, because you are a woman? That is not a requirement for being believed and while women have been known to lie, so have men.

I was thinking of a friend today and how fortunate he was to find the woman he married. She is educated, intelligent and by all that I have seen, an excellent partner. She has true leadership qualities and has a career to match. That I do not think she likes me personally in no way causes me to think less of her. She may be right. I do not think so, but liking someone does not have to be on a rational basis. Sometimes people do not click. Despite that, I recognize a lot of quality in her. Just because she is a woman does not mean that I would not listen to her or consider the wisdom of her words.

Likewise, lack of education can mean many things. It does not have to mean stupid, though it could. By itself it is not reason to disregard the words of another.

I do not know what you want fixed, but if it is personal, you are the best suited to do the fixing.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
Speaking isn't murder. I am sure. The Bible seems to say that the forty-two were killed for SPEAKING!
If boys had to be killed for stupid things that they do or say, then there would not be very many boys left on earth. It is a ridiculous punishment. If that is all that could be done was to curse these boys and instigate their brutal deaths, then Elisha could not be as wise as he is considered to be.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
What the Bible Really Teaches and the Jehovah's Witnesses

None of the 32000+ Hellenist-Pauline Christian denominations follow (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah, one understands, and JWs are no different:
  1. Yeshua did not die on the Cross as per Sign of Jonah
  2. There is ,therefore, no question of Yeshua rising from the dead
  3. Yeshua did not atone the sins of the any Christians
  4. Yeshua never claimed to be god
  5. Yeshua did not ascend to heaven from Galilee
Those who love Yeshua, are to follow Yeshua and not the Hellenist-Paul who faked a vision and became a self appointed apostle, as I understand, please. Right?

Regards