• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What the Bible Really Teaches and the Jehovah's Witnesses

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How does the Bible teach to believers in God that God is a maniacal killer?

First of all, it isn't fair or right for someone to be murdered for speaking but that is what the minds of Judaism and Christianity and yes indeed, even the Jehovah's Witnesses believe it is alright to teach. And how do I know that? Because it is what their Holly Book says,

Secondly, two bears cannot attack forty-two moving objects on one day. It is not possible. It might not even be possible for two bears to catch more than two or three people. And, it wasn't a game of tag. It says, "they were all torn apart". Correct?

Just because two bears cannot do what it says they did (even as a fable) it has to mean that something caused it. I can't think of one single thing that could make that happen except God. If we believe the Bible then we have to believe that God did it. There is no other explanation.

But.........

74x12

The Bible is teaching that the Lord of the Whole Creation is a maniacal killer and now, for God's sake, LOOK AROUND!
No it's not. That's what satan wants people to believe. Faith is the thing that will defend against satan's lies. That's why it's called a shield. The fiery darts of the wicked one are real. So are demons. I've seen them and heard them. They curse God they curse people and mock them. When they see people doing self destructive things they love it. One thing demons know is that the Word of God is true. It has power over them. That's why it's called the "Sword of the Spirit".

The world is consumed in spiritual warfare so that's why it's all so crazy. That's why so many false teachers are in the world who twist the scriptures to support destructive false doctrines.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No it's not. That's what satan wants people to believe. Faith is the thing that will defend against satan's lies. That's why it's called a shield. The fiery darts of the wicked one are real. So are demons. I've seen them and heard them. They curse God they curse people and mock them. When they see people doing self destructive things they love it. One thing demons know is that the Word of God is true. It has power over them. That's why it's called the "Sword of the Spirit".

The world is consumed in spiritual warfare so that's why it's all so crazy. That's why so many false teachers are in the world who twist the scriptures to support destructive false doctrines.
Yes, it does. Read it! Please read how Jehovah made two bears tear apart 42 people.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, I guess you could just read the Bible for yourself and draw your own conclusions?

74x12

Yes, it does. Read it! Please read how Jehovah made two bears tear apart 42 people.
God said touch not mine anointed and do my prophets no harm. He wasn't playing around when He said that. Israel was in rebellion against God and idolatry.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God said touch not mine anointed and do my prophets no harm. He wasn't playing around when He said that. Israel was in rebellion against God and idolatry.
OK. So, you believe that God made those bears kill those people. You do know that the bears could not have done so without A LOT of help.

74x12

OK. So, you believe that God made those bears kill those people. You do know that the bears could not have done so without A LOT of help.
Well, I don't know what happened. If it happened all at once or over a period of time. A continual occurrence of bear attacks or whatever. The book of Kings is just recording history not going into details. The story was probably written years after the event.

Another reason could be if the kids decided to tease or fight the bears and it didn't go so well for them. Who knows?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, I don't know what happened. If it happened all at once or over a period of time. A continual occurrence of bear attacks or whatever. The book of Kings is just recording history not going into details. The story was probably written years after the event.

Another reason could be if the kids decided to tease or fight the bears and it didn't go so well for them. Who knows?
I don't think a mind can go so far as to think that it happened over many days. Also, even if some boys foolishly provoked the bears it is not likely that they all did. And not at all likely that after seeing just one of them torn up to pieces (which takes some time fyi) that anyone of them stayed for more.

74x12

I don't think a mind can go so far as to think that it happened over many days. Also, even if some boys foolishly provoked the bears it is not likely that they all did. And not at all likely that after seeing just one of them torn up to pieces (which takes some time fyi) that anyone of them stayed for more.
Why can't it happen over many days? I've assumed that it did. It's kind of obvious to me that 42 kids by 2 bears couldn't normally happen all at once unless someone locked them in a cage together or something.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why can't it happen over many days? I've assumed that it did. It's kind of obvious to me that 42 kids by 2 bears couldn't normally happen all at once unless someone locked them in a cage together or something.
The scripture need not be wrong. Are you trying to make it right even though it isn't wrong?

74x12

2 Kings 2:23-24 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
23 And he goeth up thence to Beth-El, and he is going up in the way, and little youths have come out from the city, and scoff at him, and say to him, `Go up, bald-head! go up, bald-head!'

24 And he looketh behind him, and seeth them, and declareth them vile in the name of Jehovah, and two bears come out of the forest, and rend of them forty and two lads.