• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What the Bible Really Teaches and the Jehovah's Witnesses

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I became a Jehovah's Witness because I trusted that they were being honest about what the Bible really teaches and I was glad to be taught it but now I am saying I wonder if I might have been better off to have refused them.

The reason being is that I have become aware of the worldwide people's assumptions that something that is believed long enough, by enough people, and was explained at first by a person or people with credentials just has to be true.

Let's define true in this regard.

True: real, valid, accordant with the facts*, appropriate, authentic, correct, genuine, and honest.

It could be scary for me to know that people of this World will go headlong believing and teaching foolishness.

I am not so easily scared which is good and possibly Heaven sent.

But, knowing all the great minds who have ever lived are OK being stupid is a very heavy weight.

And, knowing how people are so very easily offended is like hell.

Is anyone left to read more?

I am as sure as I am about anything that the true meaning of 2 Kings 2:23-24 is lost

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. "Get out of here, baldy!" they said. "Get out of here, baldy!" He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.

And, it has occurred to me that it will forever be lost.

Also possible that, 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 παροξύνεται its true meaning will always be lost.

They ALL SAY παροξύνεται means, not provoked or does not get easily angered but, I am as sure as my sex (a woman!, God help me!) as I am sure that it has to mean; does not look for a fight. Or, does not aim to fight.

Love does not want to fight.

The Bears. God bless those bears!

First of all, I am not smart, but I know that bears are loners. They do not travel together. Isn't that right? Might I propose that one of them was a youth, the offspring of the other bear, a mother?

So, they came out of the woods. That's not natural so that had to be a miracle. So, The Lord God brought out those bears.

And, they went on a rampage?

And then they say, she [me] is trying to eliminate some holy words.

I can talk about projection, but that would be going off topic. Wouldn't it?

Actually, no, the words seem fine to me. It is YOUR meaning that might be sending this whole world to hell.

Is there anyone left?

*I found great synonyms for "true" on the new Thesaurus.com! True Synonyms

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No! Wrong again.

I do not mean is there anyone left in the World. I meant is there anyone left who cares about what I say. I haven't seen anyone yet.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Imagine this World as one thing. It is passive teaching, but it is still teaching. They teach that The Lord is a killing maniac and that love doesn't get angry. Now, I can see that they need the second one to placate the first one.

One thing and in that one thing there is some rotten fruit. There is something true which is that a little leaven ferments the whole batch. And Matthew 13:40 As the weeds are collected and burned in the fire, so will it be at the end of the age.

There are many who are calling people who do not agree with them "the weeds". And, this is acceptable?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It isn't. So, either The Lord God will deal with it or if not, then your god will be proved a lie.

But, they have created a scene in which The Lord God can't deal with it.

How so? It is God's own people teaching lies.

I know one thing. God doesn't need us.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not only am I blessed to be one who doesn't scare easily, it seems that I have been granted a wicked sense of humor also.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Anyway, I realize that I am an uneducated woman and so for some because I am a woman, I can't be believed and for some, because I have not been educated, I can't be believed.

So, I am giving my permission to an educated male soul to plagiarize me. And, please, fix it!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This has just now come to me. It's a theory. So,

Because the souls of the people of The Way are being spoiled by false teachings the World is a reflection of that. It's a mess!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Bible is teaching that the Lord of the Whole Creation is a maniacal killer and now, for God's sake, LOOK AROUND!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can see in my mind's eye, not any human left on the Earth but a Bible with its pages blowing in the wind.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But, that's not funny.

I do not know what is funny, but I suppose I must think that something is funny so that I can survive the curse of being all alone here. Not physically, mind you. Mentally and spiritually alone.

Oh! And it is funny that (I do not know who has revealed this to me I suppose it is just that I know people too well note the emphasis on too) that there exists at least one soul who actually thinks that I am the woman. Easily scared, are you?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Now, I am paranoid. Maybe someone who is or was an actual person or God help us! a society of evil has bought this place and is now keeping me confined restricted so that nobody can believe me. That is sobering and you may steal that one for your dumb story.